GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. DarkX

ED30 DSG vs Rover MG turbo

You're probably not familiar with Rover's, let alone MG's, so few facts first. Modern MG's (since 2000) come in 2-seater roadsters and 4-seater hatchbacks, incredibly lightweight cars just under 2500 lbs with very few and rare exceptions and are equipped with a variety of motors, usually a 1.8...
  2. DarkX

ED30 DSG vs Audi A3 1.8 TFSI K04-064

One of my best runs lately, pretty good A3 and with great potential. Been nearly two months but I was too busy to upload. Right so, temperature about 77F late at night, slight uphill run, I had a passenger he was alone, said he's 323 whp and I started from 1 car behind. That run explains a lot...
  3. DarkX

ED30 DSG vs Porsche Carrera (chase runs)

Think it was a 996, had black wheels, dark tint and seemed lowered unless it came like that stock and I dunno if he had any performance mods. From a quick search, 996's had 320 hp stock and they were pretty lightweight. Details about the runs included in the vid. So213dD63z8
  4. DarkX

Anyone tried this new Forge IC?

So I've already installed my TBE and HPFP, and I'm on stage 2+ since 2 months ago just haven't updated my build thread yet, waiting to do it after the IC. Car runs well, excellent logs, from 60 to 130 I've gained about 2 cars compared to stage 1 but I can't run aggressive settings on the stock...
  5. DarkX

ED30 DSG vs M3 E92

Heard a heavier exhaust tone at low rpms but I'm clueless about bmw tuning, so I can't say if it was stage 2, or even bone stock for that matter with an aftermarket rear section. It did sound heavier though, M3's aren't uncommon in the area. So anyway, I was sitting at a light when I saw a pair...
  6. DarkX

ED30 DSG vs TT 2.0 TFSI & Civic Type R EP3

I'll start with a chase I had with the TT. It was lowered and had 2 side exhausts that looked identical to TTRS, large, oval shaped tips. Other than that he was alone while I had my girl. So I'm cruising at 60 mph and see the TT in front. Trying to get him to race, I'm changing lanes and go half...
  7. DarkX

ED30 DSG vs Porsche Cayman S PDK

Sitting at a light in the middle lane I see a black Cayman S coming to my left. A nice 3-lane straight ahead, not too long but enough for a little fun. I thought to myself if the guy wants a dig race I'm not gonna bother, so I minded my own business until I got into 2nd gear. Usually these guys...
  8. DarkX

ED30 DSG vs Carrera S Cabrio (PDK ?)

Don't know what year, but if it was a PDK it was an '08 or later. '08 make 380 crank but being the cabrio version it's heavier by about 200 lbs. We took it slow from the light and did a 35 mph roll all the way to about 110, maybe it was close to a quarter mile or something I dunno, I always...
  9. DarkX

Zimmerman Cross Drilled 312x25 w/ OEM pads?

So my stock front discs are worn out and I'm gonna need to replace them very soon, I'm on my 2nd set right now. 1st set was replaced with OEM but now I'm thinking why not go for something better and more stylish and for less money too. Found the pair new for 160 euro, while OEM cost about 210...
  10. DarkX

Double humiliation, VAG vs 350Z

Sorry I'll make it long, understand if you're too bored to read I just couldn't skip the juice, would be like no salt in your food. :biggrin: I wasn't even gonna write if it was just me against the Z, but I happened to be out and about with a friend in a Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.4 TSI full bolt on...
  11. DarkX

ED30 DSG vs Mercedes SL 55 AMG

It was either the 2001 or 2006 I'm not sure which, to me they look alike.. power difference isn't really huge it's 475 vs 517 hp and 516 vs 531 lbft.. other than that it's the same 5.4 liter supercharged V8 and same weight. He was alone I had a passenger, we did 3 runs, 1 roll and 2 digs...
  12. DarkX

ED30 DSG vs '07 S3 & '09 S3

2 different races, both S3's manual just driver, I had a passenger. Funny how I grabbed their attention like a magnet cause I was minding my own business timing a few pulls with my buddy and they were trying to stay close, so I went 'fuck timing' ! vs '07 stage 1 Revo + intake: 40 mph roll 2nd...
  13. DarkX

ED30 DSG vs Impreza WRX STI (hatch)

Been a while and I wasn't gonna post because it was nothing impressive, his car was stock which means 310 crank hp. Anyway just in case anyone's wondering what a tuned K04 can do on a dig race against one of these, I decided since he was a random guy I found at a light and I obviously wasn't...
  14. DarkX

ED30: Cam Follower Check & Replacement (69k km/43k miles)

ED30 4th quarter 2007 like mine have the B cams. Not sure about the 2008 models but they probably have the B cams also. I don't drive the car like I stole it but I do drive aggressively, I race other cars quite often I'll take the car like 4-5 days a week for a few runs, say like 10 runs each...
  15. DarkX

ED30 DSG vs RX8 turbo'ed

From a dead stop, more than 1/4 mile of uphill straight line. Lots of wheelspin from the RX8, while hitting his rev limiter and I hear his blow off in 1st and 2nd gear he loses his rear a bit, 3rd gear I'm 2 cars ahead (1 gap in between), 4th gear 1 more car, 5th gear I'm around 5 cars ahead...
  16. DarkX

ED30 REVO STG 1 (B9-T6-F9) + intake VS Porsche Cayman S

First part I'm getting his attention, second part the actual race. As usual I gotta use ESP and kiss LC goodbye cause without suspension and other shit car doesn't go anywhere and it's dangerous for the clutches. My handicap also helped to give the other car a small jump so you can see him for a...
  17. DarkX

ED30 REVO STG 1 (B9-T6-F9) + intake VS Carrera 4S Cabriolet

Been ages since I posted a race in here but not because I didn't have any to share, it's the lack of video that makes it far less interesting. However this one I wanted to share with you even if there is no video cause it's by far my best race since I tuned my car. Carrera 4S Cabriolet...
  18. DarkX

DarkX's Edition 30 DSG | Build Thread & Parts Review

So last month and after having owned the car for 3 years and 3 months I decided it was finally time to awaken the beast hidden inside. I went with a REVO remap (settings 9.6.9) after all the good words I heard and I was anything but disappointed, it felt like a completely different car. Also...
  19. DarkX

Got Revo'ed!

Last Monday I finally decided it was time to say farewell to stock map and I must say it was a brilliant move! Changed my DV and got Revision D installed for peace of mind. Mine was in pristine condition when we pulled it out, but being diaphragm type there would always be a risk especially...
  20. DarkX

Looking to down coolant freezing point

As the title says, I'll be in need for coolant to withstand around -30C (-22F). We checked our coolant and it holds up to around -23 to -25 (-9.4 to -13). We measured it with that little thing that sucks coolant through a tube that you stick in, trying to suck as much coolant as possible to get...