GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

wheel repair question

I recently purchased a 2013 Mercedes C-Class from CarMax with 21,000 miles. I noticed oscillations in the car. So I made an appointment (which took a week) with them to get it checked out. After having the car for a day they told me they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Since it was...
  2. M

CarMax pre-sales service?

This isn't related to a MKV but I figured I'd ask here and see if anyone knows CarMax's process? I Purchased a Mercedes with 20K miles. According to Mercedes it has had all its required services performed at a dealership. CarMax said they re-do the servicing anyway. Which is the part that...
  3. M

FS: Ross-Tech Micro-CAN cable, Revo SPS+

I have two items for sale. A genuine Ross-Tech Micro-CAN cable. $200 shipped in US SOLD Revo SPS+ switch. This is the one used to set individual fuel, timing and boost parameters on Revo tunes. $120 shipped in US
  4. M

Anyone in South Florida interested in a parts swap or car purchase

I'm selling my 2007 GLI. Right now it is stage 2+ but I might be interested in swapping out parts for OEM. I have: Diesel Geek Short Shifter Catch Can - 42DD 3" Downpipe w/high flow cat HPFPUpgrade HPFP, installed new with about 35K miles on it RNS510 SatNav Bluetooth module under the seat...
  5. M

Leaving the MKV world for a C-Series

This is the first time I've ever felt sad moving on from a car but I replaced my Stage 2+ GLI with a C-Series Mercedes. I've been in an Audi or VW for the past 11 years so I so I figured I'd try something different out. I test drove some Cadillacs (CTS/ATS). While nice on some levels they...
  6. M

Nothing ever comes out of my catch can?

So I've had a CC for about 2 years now (30K miles) and the entire time I've had the thing I've only gotten an ounce of perfectly clear amber liquid to drain out of it. It looked something like gasoline or pee. The past year I haven't even gotten a drop out of it. I've rechecked the setup...
  7. M

Subframe help needed

Ever since having my transmission worked on I've had all kinds of issues with my car. One of them appears to be the subframe. I've been getting bangs and clunks when turning or suddenly changing speed. Also, the steering wheel was off by 16 degrees. I also found the exhaust mounts to the...
  8. M

Sudden crazy boost 26-28 PSI? Revo 2+

I'm so confused ... So last week I had to get a new clutch, pressure plate and TOB on my car. As I mentioned in the other thread there were some issues where the shop didn't bolt up my axle on the car. That was all fixed. Anyway, I left the car in it's stock reset mode (from battery...
  9. M

Shop didn't attach my axle bolts back on

I figure I'd cross post this one as it started off in drivetrain as a transmission issue. Anyway, after getting a new clutch the shop forgot to tighten all the axle bolts on the front drivers side. One bolt is missing and some metal bit attached to the axle seems to be mangled up and scored...
  10. M

Odd issues after new clutch

Last week someone had borrowed my car and the clutch or TOB when bad at 130,000 miles. They were able to pull into a station and I later had the car towed to a shop where I had a new clutch kit installed. They shop said the DMF should be replaced as there was more play than there should be but...
  11. M

Bad Syncro?

Just had my clutch replaced today and now it seems the syncro on 4th gear is bad. It will grind on every shift into 4th. At best it will clunk with good rev matching but mostly grind. It does it both on the upshift and downshift. I can go from 4th to neutral and back with no trouble. I also...
  12. M

Luk clutch kits?

Anyone have experience or knowledge on the Luk clutch kits? All I kind find is that they are German made. I ordered on Amazon for $200, ECS sells it for $340 and I've seen it go for up to $500 on other sites. My clutch just went at 130K miles and at a time where I'm low on money. The car...
  13. M

Link hijacking to trackjumpclicks?

Anyone else getting links on this site hijacked to a fake PC scanning site? I keep getting knocked over to this trackjumpclicks.com.
  14. M

Reupholstering rear doors?

I was planning to have my rear door reupholstered by a shop but I got tired of the mess. So I took the panels off and cleaned the glue and foam off. So it seems I'm almost half way done on doing the job. How difficult of a DIY is it to put on new fabric?
  15. M

Revo Stage 1 vs Stage 2+ boost

After I went from stage 1 to 2+ I noticed my peak boost seems to have dropped. For the longest time I was looking for my SPS to see what the settings were. I found it today and when I checked they were the same as they were for stage 1. B6 T4 F9 Stage 1 I would see 21 psi rather consistently...
  16. M

FS: RNS-510 Rev C navigation - $650

*** SOLD *** *** Price Drop *** I have a US spec RNS-510 navigation head unit for $550. They typically sell for $800+. It has the latest firmware and maps loaded and comes with the radio code.
  17. M

Sign of bad HID igniter?

The last time I asked this question it wound up being the bulb, or so I thought. However, I put in a new HID bulb yesterday and then had another bulb out warning today on the same side. When I checked it the light came one. Since I have leaving home enabled I was able to turn the lights off...
  18. M

Clean off glue/mess from fallen door fabric

I'm getting the rear fabric on my rear door replaced in a few weeks but I wanted to get some of the mess cleaned up first. Does anyone have tips on how to clean the sticky foam material off of the doors?
  19. M

Bilstein cam follower?

I just ordered a cam follower off of Amazon and was surprised to see it came in a Bilstein box. Especially since the product photo showed the typical VW CF with expiration date and all. Anyone here use these?
  20. M

Cam Follower install and lubrication

Of the DIYs I've seen it seems some people just stick the follower in, others use assembly lube and some dip it in motor oil. I usually dip the follower in motor oil first since I don't have assembly lube but is their any benefit to the lube over oil?