GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. saad

18X8 Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 Wheels ET45 - Used in British Touring Cars!

Guys have some brand new team dynamics wheels for sale. They are anthractie, and have the correct centre hub diameter for our cars - I paid extra for this, usually you just use centering rings, but having the properly machined whole is obviously better. Don't have any pics, but this is what...
  2. saad

EOI: 2007 MKV GTI Manual

FS: 2007 MKV GTI Manual Lots of mods such as: * R32 Tails * Alpine stereo and JL sub and am * Sachs coilovers * 19" AMG replica's * tinted windows * alcantara steering wheel and shift boot * VW Racing short shifter * Forge Twintake * Bluefin Car has been...
  3. saad

How to piece together a Porsche BBK

Hey guys I know ECS make a kit using porsche brakes, but just wondering how hard it would be to piece your own together? I'm thinking some 911 or Boxster S calipers, and some custom brackets. Would I be able to use the porsche discs, or would I need something else? Say the porsche brakes are...
  4. saad

FS: Tinted GTI Rear tail lights

Guys Selling my tinted tail lights. They are darker than they appear in this pic, and really look quite tinted and nice Here's a comparison pic to original: I tinted these myself using VHT night shades. I then took them to a professional body shop to have them clear coated. Very nice...
  5. saad

911 GT3 Seats in the GTI

Hey guys Im considering getting some 911 GT3 seats for my GTI - fixed back for driver reclinging for passenger so the rear is still accessible: LINK Does anyone know what is involved to get them to fit in a GTI? Im thinking some recaro sparco etc seat mounts, then drilling them to fit the...
  6. saad

Alcantara trimmed steering wheel

I got it trimmed on top of the old leather so when it wears out i can rip it off and still have the OEM wheel. Also, putting it on top makes it a bit thicker, and now its just PERFECT in the hands. Only problem is I am scared of ruining it so i have to wash my hands before I drive, or I wear my...
  7. saad

EBC Redstuff brake pads

After my brake problems, where the old shitty pads had cracked, got the rotors machines and some EBC Redstuff pads. Immediately, the brakes worked again, very touchy, and then I went to bed them in. After 10 hard braking efforts, I could smell the brakes and pedal went soft. All good, however...
  8. saad

10" vs 12"

Guys As part of the whole downsize, Im thinking of shifting to a JL W3 10" instead of my 12". Will I miss my 12"? I usually have the sub volume less than half way on the head unit, so Im not too worried about SPL, and I dont listen to much hip hop, but a lot of house, prog, some RnB, and some...
  9. saad

Downsizing to a single 5 channel amp from 2 Amps?

hey guys I'm currently running a JL G1700 for my 12" W3 sub, and a JL G4500 for my speakers. I want to simplify the system, and with the new generation of 5 channel amps this seems possible. I was looking at the JL HD900, and its sub channel will provide more power than my current amp, as my...
  10. saad

FS: JL Audio G4500 4 Channel Amp and JL Audio G1700 Subwoofer Amp

Hey guys I'm downgrading the system so my amps are for sale. $700 FOR THE LOT G1700 * Rated Power 14.4 V: 350 W RMS x 1 @ 4 ohm, 700 W RMS x 1 @ 2 ohm * Rated Power 12.5 V: 250 W RMS x 1 @ 4 ohm, 500 W RMS x 1 @ 2 ohm * THD at Rated Power: <1% THD, 20 Hz - 250 Hz * S/N...
  11. saad

Brembo/APR Stage 2 320mm Brake Kit - Audi A4

Hey guys I'm just wondering if someone can tell me if these brakes fit on the GTI, and whether it's worth upgrading to 320mm will the slightly extra size give noticeably better heat dissipation, and will the 4 piston calipers help with brake fade, as well as better stopping power...
  12. saad

Brakes gone after 2x15mins!

Hey guys Had my rotors and pads changed about 7500Km's ago, and had the bake fluid replaced with some AP Racing stuff on the 5th March. Yesterday at the track, after 2 15 minute session where I wasn't particularly pushing it, the brakes basically went. As I was driving the car up to the...
  13. saad

EOI: Arai GP5K Helmet - Still has new smell!

Hey guys I'm selling my Arai helmet, as I got another one, and don't need two helmets. Its a 59-60cm size, but is very snug, so if you have a 57-58cm head, will be a good fit. It still smells new, and its basically been used once. Comes with original bag, but not box as mum through it out Not...
  14. saad

Pic request: Silver Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 on BMP

Thinking of getting some 18 inch pro race 1.2's. Just wondering if anyone has a pic of silver ones on a BMP GTI? Cheers Saad
  15. saad

Coilpacks/PCV Gone - Warrantee?

Guys I noticed today the infamous rough idling, and the needle moving itself, as well as a very rough exhaust note. I did a search and learned it must be the coilpacks/PCV. I have my car booked in for warrantee work next monday - replace some interior trim items, as well as a squeak from the...
  16. saad

Wheel damage

Hey guys Looking for some advice here. The other day I was washing my car as usual, and I use Poorboys wheel cleaner, which is a GREAT product. After washing, I noticed some white spots on the wheel: I was able to get the white spots of using metal polish cotton balls, same stuff I use to...
  17. saad

Wollongong Meetup - Good Friday?

Hey guys I will be in Wollongong tomorrow with the GF, sister and some friends. I don't know why, or what purpose the trip serves, but ppl decided it would be a good idea. So im stuck, anyone up for a quick GTG, maybe a quick drive, or coffee, or can anyone recommend places that will be open...
  18. saad

FS [CANB]: Golf GTI stock suspension

Hey guys I figured I would keep it, but it really makes no sense, so time to sell and put the money towards other mods. Not sure if anyone has any use for a set, but just putting it out there. Suspensions had 90 000KM on it, and comes with the top mounts. No idea what to sell for, or what...
  19. saad

WTF is it with some retailers - wheel retailers

As a general rule, I like buying locally. It keeps money in the country, keeps the economy going, supports local business and people, and I have easy support if I need it. However, it all comes down to a cost benefit thing. If the product is so much cheaper overseas, that if something went...
  20. saad

New (driving) shoes

Finally arrived today. Thanks to Dijon at the RacingRoom.com.au They are fun to wear and drive in. And heel toeing is easier due to the bit on the side.