GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. agpatel

Osram Xenarc SVS HIDs Installed

Thought it was time to change out the HID bulbs in the GTI as they are 6 yrs old and on the downhill slope in terms of output. After much research I decided on getting Osram Xenarc 66240 SVS bulbs from The Retrofit Source. They are suppose to be the brightest quality bulbs you can get right...
  2. agpatel

Downpipe if on stock tune worth it...

Looking at exhaust upgrades and cant decide if it is really worth getting a downpipes if I do not plan on getting stage 1 tune. I will have to have cat as i have to pass emissions and wont be tuning it to get rid of the CEL. Did some searching and not really found information on power gains...
  3. agpatel

Carbon Fiber Dash Parts

Looking for CF interior dash parts such as center stack where the radio and center cents are (auto AC). OSIR made them but looks like they are discontinued. I do not want to go to 3m wrap way right now. Anyone know of a source or have anything for sale...
  4. agpatel

New Wheels On The GTI - Avant Garde M310

Was not planning on getting new wheels but the tires on my stock 17" wheels where going to need replacing in about 5k miles and it seems like every time I get new tires a set of wheels comes up for sale at a great price. This time I started looking earlier and found a set that not only looks...
  5. agpatel

60mm VW Center Cap Sticker

Looking for a good 60mm center cap sticker for my center caps. Or know of a decent center cap that will fit the following dims: Outer DIM of teeth to teeth it: 54.4mm Max outer DIM of cap (largest part of face): 66mm
  6. agpatel

Greensboro - Shop

Anyone know of a good shop in the Greensboro area for suspension work and brake work.
  7. agpatel

AG M310 Black Bolts

Getting some AG M310 wheels, flat black, and looking for new cone bolts but in black. Looking to see what length will be needed if not the same as OE (dont know of seating area is thicker or thinner than the OE 17" wheels) and looking to see what place had some good quality ones in black and...
  8. agpatel

New Wheels: Enkei Raijin or EKM3

Looking for new set of 18" wheels and looking between two Enkei styles and cant decide on which. Car is a TR red on 1" drop. EKM3 - Bright Satin Sil Paint: Raijin: Hyper Silver: Gunmetal: The Raijin are $200 more and both are 18x8 ET45 Anyone have some real life pictures of any...
  9. agpatel

Boston Acoustics GTA-602 - Amp Location

Looking to install a Boston Acoustics GTA-602 amp (Class AB) paired with a JL 10W0v3 sub. I trying to find a good place to mount the amp and rather not have it on the back of the seat as I do use the storage and like to quick removal of the box. Thought about mounting amp to the box but then...
  10. agpatel

Valve Cover Gasket Install Question

I am planning on changing out my valve cover gasket as I think it may be leaking a little due to a bad PCV valve, recently moved to BSH stg 1. Plugs have oil in them so for $15 the gasket cost I might as well change it out and keep eye on the plug openings for oil leaks. Simple job from the...
  11. agpatel

Long Term HID Fog Use

I am looking to pick up a HID fog kit for my GTI (35w) and was thinking of running a relay system to pull power from the battery but have found that ticking the computer may cause more issues with this relay setup. Just trying to see for those running HID kits for a long time have any issues...
  12. agpatel

What type/size bolt

What socket is needed to remove the bolt that attaches the intake stud circled in red. It is loose on my gti and dont want to take the bolt out to find a bit and wanted to see what bit type and size is needed to tighten the bolt that attaches this stud/bracket to the engine head.
  13. agpatel

MKV Timing Belt - GSO area

Looking for a shop in greensboro area that can do a timing belt and all the related parts in the greensboro area.
  14. agpatel

Fuel Line TSB Differances

What are the difference between fuel line rattle TSBs 20-06-03 and 20-07-07? I have a copy of the 20-06-03 dated Mar 30, 06 and know from my list of TSB there is a 20-07-07 for May. I do not have accesses to TSBs anymore and lost my digital copies. Wondering if anyone knows the difference...
  15. agpatel

XM Radio - Box Dead?

XM Radio on friz, shows Preview channel only and updating for a second then back to preview...have re had signal resent many times... Connected vag-com today and pulled following..take it the box is done with and needs replacing. Have checked connection into the box Address 0F: Digital Radio...
  16. agpatel

Detailing Supplies For Sale

Items for sale, price listed but all offers will be considered! I have many extra items for sale. All items are price without postage, unless otherwise stated. Items will ship out of 27407 and will be using USPS. Buyer pays actual shipping price. Polishes: Menzerna SIP -See Pic For Level -...
  17. agpatel

Squeak at Startup

For last two days or so I hear a squeak at startup, only about 0.5-1 sec long..if that...mainly during the initial turning but once it starts up i hear nothing and everything runs fine and no codes. I have tried to pinpoint its location and think its coming from front of the motor, around...
  18. agpatel

eurowise/DSG Servce in NC

Looking to see if anyone has worked with eurowise in Charlotte, NC. I am looking to get my DSG fluid service done and would like some opinions. If anyone in the Charlotte area has another place to get it done for a decent price let me know also.
  19. agpatel

2006 VW GTI MkV - Tornado Red Detail

2006 VW GTI MkV Detail So, here is the detail I did over the weekend, 3 days, this is the first time using my ne Flex 3403 rotary polisher and I will say it was great. Had some hiccups but I think all in all I would call it successful. Wash -Bucket: 3m Car Soap with Uber sponge -Stripping LSP...
  20. agpatel

Rear Wiper Help (Someone jacked mine up)

So, some smart person last night wanted to take off my rear wiper I guess and broke the cap and the arm I think. I found the wiper blade on the ground but will not stay down. I assume there is a spring, which i looked through the parking lot to find, no aval. Can someone please see what parts...