GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. macad

Any trick to wheel alignment to GTI

Hi all, Had a wheel alignment done of my car a while ago and it's never felt right since - the back end tends to kick if I hit a bump. Is there any trick to doing a stock GTI. I'm taking it back to them but they looked at the figures of the alignment and said it should be fine, so if they do...
  2. macad

Switch for glovebox light

Hi, before I pull the glovebox apart, can somewhere tell me where the switch for the glovebox light is, my light is stuck on for some reason. Is the switch one of the rubber spring things? TIA, Paul
  3. macad

Sometimes you need an ejector seat (switch)

Hi all, seeing Maverick's post (*) about custom switches from carstyle4you.com (**) for the GTI I thought I'd have a go, I modified a garage opener to connect to the garage door opener (***) and that is tucked away under the glove box in the lining (it has batteries which makes the install even...
  4. macad

MFD2 CD firmware

Hi all, can any one tell me what the most up to date firmware is on a factory installed MFD2 CD sat nav, the details say something about 0525 but my unit can't search by postcode so I assume there is another firmware update available. TIA, paul
  5. macad

AC Compressor failing?

Hi all, just a quick question, how can you tell if your AC compressor is failing? I was driving to work and could hear an intermittent grinding sound (sounding like a very quiet jackhammer in the distance) and when I turned off the AC the sound stopped. Could this be the AC? the air is still...
  6. macad

Advantage of upgrading from MFD2 to MFD3?

Hi all, I have a MFD2 sat nav in my car with the AV aux in that I can play video in from my iPhone and a Parrot CK3000 Evo for the bluetooth for the phone as well – overall it works pretty well and I can by pass the video in motion thing easily enough. My question is what extra would I get if...
  7. macad

Fogs as DRLs

Forgive me as I know this is going to be a stupid question and a couple of people will stop shouting But! What's to stop you swapping out your fog lights for LED type lights like DRLs are? Anything? I assume that if you could get the right LED it wouldn't dazzle anyone as a fog is does or is...
  8. macad

Strange fuel figures in highline display

A strange thing has just happened, my overall fuel figures have climbed from the normal just over 9/100 kms to over to 10.8 in one day, the fuel usage is going up to 40/100kms (in the non-overall figures) if I put my foot down - obviously something is wrong - there's also a loud air con fan...
  9. macad

Another new newbie

Well since everybody else it introducing themselves I thought I would as well, just bought a Tornado Red 2006 GTI with Leather, Sunroof, DSG, Xenons and Sat Nav - enjoying all the auto features and looking at utilising the AUX in feature of the Sat Nav. Not exactly new to the VW family, my old...
  10. macad

stupid q - boot popping

Hi all, I know this is a stupid question, but if I hold down the middle button on the key fob is the boot supposed to pop open? The manual says unlock but does that mean it pops open like other VW/Audis?
  11. macad

Mobile Phone installer in Perth?

Hi all, just got a 2006 GTI and to my surprise it had a Parrot bluetooth kit already installed, I was thinking of getting one installed in my wife's A4 B7 and wondered if anybody could recommend an installer in Perth to do it - approximate price would be good too! Thanks, paul