GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. NahbutsGTI

WTB - Alphards

want a set of Mercedes Alphards in 19" but will consider 18". PM me or leave a message here if you know anyone that has some. These
  2. NahbutsGTI

Radar detector wanted

Hey guys, I'm sick of losing points and want an early warning system. Anyone got a radar detector they want to sell or does anyone know where/how to get one in australia? Cheers
  3. NahbutsGTI

It's quiet in here since the mk7 came out...

Geez, the forum is awful quiet since the new golf came out. Just sayin'...
  4. NahbutsGTI

Anyone know what wheels these are?

Hi guys, looking for the brand and model of these wheels but the tyre shop wont tell me what brand or model they are! The issue is that they can only get them in 18 inch and I want 19 inch. Already have 19 inch RS4 reps on the car but I am looking for these wheels and really want them in 19...
  5. NahbutsGTI

MFD2 wont turn on with the car

Check the Aussie thread herehttp://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175270 Basically when I jump in the car and turn the key the MFD2 unit does not come on, I can turn it on by pushing the on/off/volume knob but it wont turn on with the car. It's starting to piss me off! Any...
  6. NahbutsGTI

MFD2 wont turn on with the car

Hi guys, Got an MFD2 in my gti that wont turn on when I start the car. It turns on manually(with the power knob/button) but not when the car starts. Any idea's? couldn't see any blown fuses?
  7. NahbutsGTI

Powdercoating/Painting Wheels

Hi guys Just got some rims that have been spray painted black and wanted to get them sand blasted and powder coated anthricate/gunmetal grey, or should I just get a body shop to paint them instead? Anyone know a good place? and what would it be worth? maybe $50-70 per wheel? I'm just...
  8. NahbutsGTI

Battery Removal?

Hey Guys just pulling out my battery for a charge (for the first time)and the alarm goes off when I disconnect the battery. How do i stop the alarm from going off once the battery is removed? Any help would be great as I have no car till i get the battery going again! Cheers
  9. NahbutsGTI

Whiteline swaybars: 22mm vs 24mm?

Hi guys looking at getting a Whiteline rear sway bar and was wondering which way to go? There's a 22mm and a 24mm. anyone tested one vs the other? is the 24mm RSB heaps stiffer than the 22mm or only mildly? There's only 50 bucks difference so price isn't an issue. Anyway, waddya reckon...
  10. NahbutsGTI

Whiteline swaybars: 22mm vs 24mm?

Hi guys looking at getting a Whiteline rear sway bar and was wondering which way to go? There's a 22mm and a 24mm. anyone tested one vs the other? is the 24mm RSB heaps stiffer than the 22mm or only mildly? There's only 50 bucks difference so price isn't an issue. Anyway, waddya reckon...
  11. NahbutsGTI

WTB: H&R Sport Springs for my GTI

Hi guys Just wondering if anyone as some H&R Sport springs that they want to sell. Want some for my GTI. I'll take them if you have some to sell. PM me if you want to sell(or give!). Cheers
  12. NahbutsGTI

Who doesn't scrub on 19's?

Hi guys Got a set of 19 x 8 ET35, 235/35 wheels and need to go low! What setup's are the guys with 19's running and what width tyre? It scrubs out on the front now when under load with the 235's on, probably have to go 215 and camber plates if I want to go low, right? Any help is...
  13. NahbutsGTI

Reverse camera compatible with a MFD2?

Hi guys Did some searching but couldn't find much. Has anyone fitted a reverse camera to a MFD2? Was looking at one of these. It fits into where the numberplate lights are. and then using something like this cinch adapter to plug it into the MFD2 It says that the cinch adapter can be used...
  14. NahbutsGTI

Neuspeed springs on AUS spec GTI?

Hi guys Looking at some Neuspeed sports springs and saw that they lower the car by 1.5 inches(40mm). My question is, does this lower US Spec GTI by 40mm or the Euro Spec GTI(same as aussie spec I believe) by 40 mm? Any help is appreciated, I cant go too low because of my 19's and want to...
  15. NahbutsGTI

Neuspeed srings 40mm drop?

Hi guys Looking at some Neuspeed sports springs and saw that they lower the car by 1.5 inches(40mm). My question is, does this lower US Spec GTI by 40mm or the Euro Spec GTI(same as aussie spec I believe) by 40 mm? Any help is appreciated, I cant go to low because of my 19's and want to make...
  16. NahbutsGTI

Just lost power, car was "bucking". HELP!!

Hi guys Just had an issue on the way to work this morning. (I have searched the threads, could not find anything quite like this) Was driving along at low speed(10-20km) in heavy traffic when I decided to change lanes. Changed gears from 1st to 2nd(in manual) and put the foot down(but not to...
  17. NahbutsGTI

From stock to not!

Hey guys, had my car a few years and have slowly been modding. Thought i'd show a few pics of the car so far. Still have a carbon fiber rear valance to fit but i want to get the rear colour coded first. I had a carbon front lip for a while but that got torn off on the Bruce Hwy about 12 months...
  18. NahbutsGTI

From stock to not!

Hey guys, had my car a few years and have slowly been modding. Thought i'd show a few pics of the car so far. Still have a carbon fiber rear valance to fit but i want to get the rear colour coded first. I had a carbon front lip for a while but that got torn off on the Bruce Hwy about 12 months...
  19. NahbutsGTI

my Oil Cap sleeve just came off???

Hi guys Driving to work this morning and noticed the GTI idleing a little strangly. Popped the hood and my engine cover/ airbox gomits have gone and there is a lot of movement. I then noticed my oilcap on its side wedged under the cover. The sleeve was still attached to the oil cap leaving...
  20. NahbutsGTI

MkV GTI bits & pieces

PM me or leave a note on this thread... UPDATE! UPDATE! Sold the little beast on the weekend. Will be posting some more stuff to sell very, very soon. 1-Genuine VW BBS GTI 17" Denvers - GONE - STOLEN! If anyone see's them in Brisbane, let me know -UPDATE: Forget it, sold the car, don't care...