GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Dybz

slipping DSG clutch?

lately i've noticed that when i floor it from about 3500 rpm the revs jump about 300, then drop back down to about 3500 before the car takes off. after that the rpms rise smoothly. is this a slipping DSG clutch? i'm stage 2, but i've never heard of a DSG slipping like this. it seems to go away...
  2. Dybz

suggestions for new car?

looking to ditch the GTI by end of next summer. obviously in no rush, but trying to put together a list of what i'll be shopping around for. current needs are: AWD, decent on gas (22/30 or better preferred, with some exceptions), prefer manual but not necessary, enjoyable to drive (decent...
  3. Dybz

Catch Can/Rear Subframe Brace/Intercooler Piping/Stud Conversion

few things left to sell off the car, will ship. BSH Competition Catch Can for TSI... SOLD Stern Rear Subframe Brace... SOLD AWE S3 Intercooler Piping + Turbo Outlet Pipe for TSI... SOLD Bildon Stud/Nut Conversion with Conical and Spherical Nuts... SOLD also have stock TSI throttle body Y...
  4. Dybz

Official "I'm at work right now" Thread

Those still-in-school kids think they're so special with their "in class" thread. How about us working folk show them what's up and make our own thread? Disclaimer: You should actually do your work-related tasks. I am not to blame for you getting fired from work.
  5. Dybz

ABS/Traction Control Issue

About a week ago I was at a light waiting to turn left. Once light went green, I was a bit overly enthusiastic about my application of the accelerator pedal and made the tires squeal a bit during the turn. Next thing I know my dash is going crazy with a blinking parking brake light, solid...
  6. Dybz

looking at picking up a track car... need help.

so i've been parting out my GTI so i can spend the money on a track dedicated car and stop beating on the DD. my dilemma is what to pick... now i know i can afford an AP1 s2k and it would be great, but then the issue comes up of part/repair costs. then i start thinking of something like a miata...
  7. Dybz

TSI getting ready to part out

going to try to take these parts off in next week or two. claim it while it's hot. parts were on the car for 15-20k at most. some have only been on for less than 5k. ask if you need details on specific parts. i'll get pics as soon as everything is off the car. -stock TSI downpipe - $100 -Turbo...
  8. Dybz

considering trading GTI for...

a miata http://www.schaumburgmazda.com/used/Mazda/2008-Mazda-MX-5+Miata-e4dc723b0a0a0002006ff32953dd930a.htm car payments would go down, but i would be paying interest (currently have 0% financing). i've been paying off the car since july 09 when i bought it new. figure i could get 3500-4000...
  9. Dybz

width of denvers?

anyone know for sure? i've searched and found both 7 and 7.5". then classix i've found are 7", so i'm thinking it would be strange for VW to make the denvers 7.5 and the classix only 7...
  10. Dybz

Chicago - Flik FTDs - $350 obo

Chicago - Flik FTDs - $375 OBO have a set of Flik FTDs i bought off another user on here. he was the second owner, so i'm the third, but i have never used them. paint is kinda chipping around the lug area, but that's pretty common with the fliks. the main issue is that 1 wheel is not perfectly...
  11. Dybz

APR TSI Stage 2 V1.2

went to the dealer today to get the new APR tune. got on the highway and this was me all the way home... :burnrubber: the only way to describe the new tune is... hahhahahhahahahhahahhh... .bahhahahhahahahhahahahhaa. i really could not stop smiling. i actually got off at my exit, pulled a u...
  12. Dybz

Finally logged my car to determine crazy dip in power @ 5500 rpm (APR Stg 2)

so i had my car dynoed stage I APR and stage II APR and both dynos showed a dip in power around 5500 rpm, and then the car recovers before redline. first dyno is stg II, then follow the logs. you can see that actual fuel rail pressure spikes just before 5500, then as it dips below the...
  13. Dybz

Funny/Cool plates you saw today...

share any funny/cool license plates you saw today! pics are always welcome :wink: . today i saw a previous gen civic hatch with "WANNA BR". couple weeks ago i also saw "UANOY ME".
  14. Dybz

tire recommendations

looking to pick up a set of tires in spring for my flik FTD 17x8's. do you guys have any recommendations besides the generally accepted star specs? tires should be available in 235/45, 235/40, or 245/40 size. i'm looking to autox a bit, maybe 1 or 2 track days, a bit of 1/4 strip, and definitely...
  15. Dybz

Your favorite Superbowl commercial...

so far that audi one was pretty good... and i like how they stuck it to MB.
  16. Dybz

Dear Southern Folk,

Fuck you. -Dybz
  17. Dybz

what exhaust/rear is this?

the gti has the exhaust kinda molded into the bumper. anyone know what catback/rear this is? warning: video is not of any actual racing and is just them cruising. c1KNtdV5AEY
  18. Dybz

They're here! They're here!

teaser:
  19. Dybz

headphone recommendations?

i'm looking to buy a set of headphones for general use, but am kind of getting lost in all the variety. i definitely want over-ear, spend up to $150, and if possible want them to look good rather than just plain classic style, but that part is secondary. does anyone have any recommendations? i...
  20. Dybz

2012 Civic

http://www.thecarconnection.com/marty-blog/1053451_2011-detroit-auto-show-2012-honda-civic-coupe-live-photos http://www.fastmotoring.com/index.php/2011/01/honda-civic-2012-9th-generation/ http://automobiles.honda.com/future-cars/...