GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Rabbit GTI

My first new thread in years, is a farewell.

Well, a lot of the current members probably don't even know me - but I posted here a ton in the early years. I ended up getting rid of my GTI after almost 9 years of service. It was frustrating as hell the first few years with all of the warranty work I had done on it, but it ended up being a...
  2. Rabbit GTI

Any good independent mechanics in northern virginia?

Hey guys, I searched...couldn't really find anything. I know of Induktion, etc...but they are too far away to make it worth while. Just wondering if anyone has dealt with Paul's VW Auto Repair in Annandale. If so, thoughts would be great, or if not...any others in the area that you have dealt...
  3. Rabbit GTI

I'm debating on an R32 again...

Ok guys, this time it's a used R at my local Audi/Porsche dealer. 4800 miles on it, they have it listed for 25,800. Should I see how low I can get them...or keep my pkg2 GTI that only has 31k miles on it. I don't know how I can do with the DSG, but it is kinda cool...I know I'll eventually...
  4. Rabbit GTI

Stohlman VW service

If anyone needs service done at Stohlman...see Jack at their service dept. I just went in today for an oil change, took lindsay's 39.95 coupon plus their 5% "beat any competitor's coupon" coupon...walked out the door with a 36.95 oil change...after tax. He first asked me if it was for a...
  5. Rabbit GTI

Calling all R32 owners!

Ok ok ok, I know you've seen this thread once, you've seen it a thousand times. If you will put up with my bs one more time, would you please give your purchase price (before taxes) and the state you live in. Oh, also note whether yours has the nav or not. Thanks guys (and gals) ~Rabbit
  6. Rabbit GTI

Ok so I have a dilemma...to R32 or not R32.

I went to the Audi Driving Experience yesterday at summit point. Drove the new A4...really friggen nice btw...but then at the end I chose to drive a VR6 A3. Well, if you know my posting history...I have a very vocal disdain for anything but a true manual transmission...well now I'm starting to...
  7. Rabbit GTI

Good Cordless Phone?

Ok so I know nothing about the current technologies for cordless phones...is this panasonic model any good? and if it is, is $67.22 a good price? http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-KX-TG1032S-Expandable-Cordless-Handsets/dp/B000LYA8UW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1213119904&sr=1-2 All i...
  8. Rabbit GTI

Ken Griffey, Jr.

600 Home Runs. Outside of guys that have played or are playing for the Phillies...definitely my favorite baseball player. (I still have my Griffey, Jr. signature baseball glove from little league...man that was 15 years ago lol) He's the one guy in the modern era (at the top of the hr list)...
  9. Rabbit GTI

Roof Racks?

Ok so I guess this is the right forum, if it's not...feel free to move it wherever mods. Anyway, I just wanted to get some input from people that have roof racks. I'm going to be using it for two road bikes and I wanted to know if the OEM racks are ok. The prices are competitive compared to...
  10. Rabbit GTI

She's finally coming around...

EDITED with new pics of badassbaldie tails :thumbsup: Well it's still not where I want it, but here's what my wabbit looks like as of yesterday after i got the black mirror caps, plasti-dipped emblem, and lamin-x foglight covers: only other exterior changes I want to make in the near future...
  11. Rabbit GTI

To those who have a front plate zip-tied to the lower honeycomb:

Is it ok down there? I'm worried about air restriction, but then I see so many people that have it there, does it really make a difference? I mean I have an idea on how to utilize the plate bracket and not have to drill holes into the center plastic shield, but if i can just zip tie it to the...
  12. Rabbit GTI

you're gonna have another mkv rolling around

Well i have mentioned it before, but now it's official. I have my job up in nova and i'm moving to Oakton in the middle of next month :thumbsup: lol that is all. P.S. you or someone you know has a euro lip for sale...please please please let me know! my WTB thread in the classifieds is a...
  13. Rabbit GTI

For those who used Lamin-x foglight film:

Did you buy a bulk sheet and cut down, or use the pre-cut version? If you did use the pre-cut, does it cover the entire lens? I have heard people complain about the taillight covers not being sufficient, but couldn't find anything about the fog covers. (I'm gonna get the yellow covers, so I...
  14. Rabbit GTI

For those who used Lamin-x foglight film:

Did you buy a bulk sheet and cut down, or use the pre-cut version? If you did use the pre-cut, does it cover the entire lens? I have heard people complain about the taillight covers not being sufficient, but couldn't find anything about the fog covers. (I'm gonna get the yellow covers, so I...
  15. Rabbit GTI

WTB/WTT Euro Lip

Like the title says, if you have a euro lip and want to sell, i'll buy outright. Or, if you want a US front lip to go back on for any reason...selling, etc...i'll trade you my front lip + some cash for your euro lip. I'll be in the DC area for good by the end of June, so if there are any...
  16. Rabbit GTI

The Official "I got screwed by my stealership" Thread!

Title says it all: Give dealership name and location...and tell us why they should never get anymore business from us! Hopefully if this actually takes off, at least us enthusiasts will know where to go if we ever need warranty work and such. Maybe then the bad dealerships will go away...
  17. Rabbit GTI

ECS dogbone mount

Well i finally put it in yesterday. Kinda disappointed...it helps a little bit with that shift into second gear, but doesn't really help with the wheel hop at all. Oh well, it was only 40 bucks.
  18. Rabbit GTI

Top Gear's version of Pimp My Ride

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIo9EgDOReU&feature=related this is pretty entertaining...
  19. Rabbit GTI

about those contiprocontacts...

in short, they suck (yea i'm captian obvious). only two years old and they're already showing signs of dryrot! they only have 19k miles on them, and i know that i could get another 25k at least out of them (if they weren't dryrotted), but they probably will only last to the summer, if that.
  20. Rabbit GTI

To the Pkg 2 / Autobahn package guys and gals:

Has anyone considered taking their seats to a shop to get interlagos cloth put in the centers of the seats to make a euro 30th look-a-like? I would love to do this, cuz i really want the plaid look...and I figure this would be A LOT cheaper than buying euro seats. Thoughts?