GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

FS: Classix with S.Drives - Cleveland, OH

I've parted ways with my GTI and have no reason to keep my second set of wheels and tires around anymore. All but one are originals from my 06 GTI. One of the 4 was replaced ~20k miles ago and the others have roughly 50k miles on them. They're currently wrapped in a set of Yokohama S.Drive...
  2. M

Hawk HPS bad in cold weather?

I installed hawk hps pads up front and akebono ceramics out back over the summer and have found that my braking performance is awful in cold weather if I don't frequently use the brakes. I have to really push hard to slow down from 70 at 20 degrees if they're not already warm. Is this normal...
  3. M

Powerflex rear link bushings - Anyone running them?

I refreshed the bushings on the front of my car this spring (06 GTI 60k miles), and I'd like to refresh the bushings out back next. I noticed that Powerflex has bushings available for all of the links on the rear suspension. Is anyone running them? I'm planning to go for the whiteline...
  4. M

Whiteline RSB Endlinks?

Is anyone out there running the Whiteline KLC141 endlinks with an upgraded RSB? Any feedback on it? I thought I was going to be able to live with BSH endlinks on my 27mm h-sport bar but they seem louder every day. --Matt
  5. M

Gear 300 is great in warm, stock is great in cold - Anything great in both?

I live in the midwest where we have pretty hot summers and pretty cold winters, and I can't seem to find a gear oil that performs flawlessly in all weather conditions. I love the silky smooth feel of the gear 300 in the summer but, now that it's getting into the 40s on average, I'm really not...
  6. M

06 FSI w/APR Stage II - Shuddering under low load/rpm accel

My 06 GTI with 55k miles and APR stage 2 has, as of late, been shuddering while accelerating at low RPMs. I initially thought that I had a boost leak, but all of the boost hoses looked like they were in good shape. After pulling, cleaning, and securely reattaching I'm seeing WG duty cycles in...
  7. M

APR Stage II - Do I have a Boost Leak?

APR Stage II - Health Check I had a chance to go out this evening to do a bit of logging with my vag-com cable on my 06 GTI with APR Stage II (93 tune presently). I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a professional at interpreting this data, so I was hoping someone might be able to say...
  8. M

VTA Catch Can on Rear PCV port

I have a BSH PCV revamp on my 2.0T FSI currently, and was wondering if it would be acceptable to reroute the rear PCV outlet to a VTA catch can (thus getting all of the PCV gasses and residue out of the intake track). I haven't seen anything about anyone doing it, but it seems reasonable to me...
  9. M

Subframe Cracked Near Control Arm

I noticed that my car started making a clicking or creaking sound when getting going from a stop in the last few weeks. At first I thought it was a dry bushing or mount (all mounts and most bushings are poly at this point), but everything looked OK. Upon further inspection I discovered this...
  10. M

6k Mi UOA - Motul X-Cess 8100 5w-40

EDIT: A second UOA has been added. I had a chance to send out a UOA that I had sitting around from the winter. I'll have another with the same oil when I have a chance to get it sent in. They spotted high fuel dilution, which I'm guessing is just there because the sample was taken during a...
  11. M

Battery mount bolt

The previous owner of my car ruined the battery mount, cut off the nut on the tray, and replaced the bolt with some hackney undersized junk. I ordered a replacement battery tray, but it didn't include the bolt. Anyone know the part number for it or the thread specs? They reused the clamp...
  12. M

Ball Joints - help!

I decided to take the plunge and replace both of my lower control arm bushings. Unfortunately, in spite of several thorough spray downs with PB, 4 out of the 6 ball joint bolts sheared off. That being the case, unless there's some way to replace only the fasteners, I need to replace them...
  13. M

2.0T GTI - 17" Wheels - Tires to avoid

So, we've already got this thread to cover which tires are supposed to be good on these cars. How about a thread with tires NOT to buy, so that some poor souls could be saved the trouble of noisy destroyed tires. Since I've owned my 06 GTI, I've had two sets of tires on it and not been...
  14. M

2006 GTI Brake and Clutch Issues

I've had my CPO 2006 GTI for just over 2 months now and it's had brake and clutch issues since I got it. She's got 37k on the odo at the moment. Coming from a 2008 Rabbit, I'm used to having a clutch that has a consistent feel and is easy to press along with brakes that grab quickly at the top...