GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. DietGarfield

GTI OEM Taillights

I have a complete set of OEM Tail lights from my 2009 GTI. They've been in storage since about 2011, with less than 25k miles so pretty good shape. $300 OBO - get these things out of my basement!
  2. DietGarfield

Stock GTI Suspension - sold

Stock suspension sold Also got 2 Sachs rear shocks with less than 10k miles. $100? OBO!
  3. DietGarfield

2009 GTI - GA - Sold

2009 Volkswagen GTI 86,xxx miles (still driving it) 6 speed manual 2 door, cloth plaid seats Single owner All records of services on hand. Spreadsheet of when services were done. Sold. Some modifications: Revo stage 1 with the obd2 selector Volkswagen sport springs with Koni yellow...
  4. DietGarfield

OEM Tail Lights - NJ

I have a complete set of OEM Tail lights from my 2009 GTI. They've been in storage since about 2011, with less than 25k miles so pretty good shape. The caveat is that they are at my parents place and I am not. I will be able to ship them around Christmas at the latest. I'm asking $300 but am...
  5. DietGarfield

Stock GTI Suspension +Rear shocks

Selling stock 2009 GTI suspensions (shocks/struts and springs) - 21,200 miles. $200 OBO Also selling some OEM VW sport shocks made by Sachs, the ones found on the Golf R. These have less than 5,000 miles on them. Here's a link to ECS. I'm Asking $150 for both...
  6. DietGarfield

WTB: Fog light

Looking for a passenger side fog light. The glass lens fell off of mine so i just really need the glass. I don't mind if the housing is cracked and broken, no wires - I just need the glass lens portion to make mine whole again.
  7. DietGarfield

Low vacuum, slight rough idle - help!

Hi everyone - My car has developed a slight problem, without a CEL. I noticed the vacuum gauge doesn't read as low as it used to (-22 inHg) at idle or at coasting - it'll hit -22 white coasting while cold sometimes. While idling, it'll sit at -19 and shake a bit (rough idle). It does not do so...
  8. DietGarfield

Rear shocks for sale - NJ

I'm selling some OEM VW sport shocks made by Sachs, the ones found on the Golf R. These have less than 5,000 miles on them. Here's a link to ECS. I'm Asking $150 for both. http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_V--2.0T/Suspension/Shocks/Rear/ES2553188/. Finally, I have some rear shock...
  9. DietGarfield

FS: Winter tires and wheels

No longer selling.
  10. DietGarfield

FS - Raceland Ultimos & Sport shocks & rear mounts

Racelands sold. Next, I'm selling some OEM VW sport shocks made by Sachs, the ones found on the Golf R. I got these to temporarily replace my raceland shocks (cold weather screwed up a mount, hence why I have the 2 new ones). These have less than 5,000 miles on them. Here's a link to ECS...
  11. DietGarfield

Coolant hose part#

The hose in the picture is being rubbed by my BSH intake shield, so I'm looking for a new one (which i'll reinforce in the susceptible area). Problem is I cant find it for anything. I found a similar part on ECS but it said it was for FSI only. Can't find it in any of the part diagrams or...
  12. DietGarfield

FS: 4 Denvers with tires - MA

**SOLD** 4 denvers, 17" from a package 0 gti wheels 1 and 2 are in good shape. wheel 3 has some curbing around the edge wheel 4 has some pretty bad curbing I also found a nail in tire 4, still holding air though. took it to the tire shop and got it repaired. Tires are the stock conti...
  13. DietGarfield

P0171 & Oily PCV

Car threw a CEL the other day out of nowhere, not running rough or anything, and it turned out to be a P0171 code (Bank 1 too lean). It's happened before last year and never returned so I didn't think much of it this time, but it stayed on. I checked around but a lot of the other codes are...
  14. DietGarfield

Interior lights fuse keeps blowing

As the title says, the fuse for my inside map lights keeps blowing out. A little background... I replaced all the map lights, trunk and glove box with LEDs. All was working peachy for a couple of months. I went drag racing one days, and the lights stopped working. When I went to replace the...
  15. DietGarfield

Torque Arm insert install

I know its a relatively easy install, but it never hurts to have another review or some tips. I picked up a BFI insert at waterfest and finally got around to putting it in. It seemed like it'd be real easy, but i ran into an interesting problem and i found a solution on myfastgti.com and figure...
  16. DietGarfield

259 car pileup on the autobahn

Im surprised this hasn't been posted yet... its wild, video included. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8159290.stm
  17. DietGarfield

brake pedal hook/clip?

I was messing around the inside of my car earlier, and... dont ask me how, because i sure as hell dont know... my wrist or elbow or something I guess hit the backside of my break pedal... and broke off what looks like a hook or a clip. the is now a rubber flap that is on the right side wall of...
  18. DietGarfield

First real race -- vs RSX type S

My buddy at work has a RSX type-S, and has been wanting to race me. My car, still stock, just hit 1000 miles so i decided to go all out for once. His car only has an intake to it. It was 12:30 at night, no cars on the road and we did 2 runs from a dig. -First run, he got me. I didnt really...