GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Carn

Waterfest 2006 whos going ?

Who of you from golfmkv.com are going to be going ?
  2. Carn

New Oettinger Bodykit

A proper pic of the final Mk V GTI Oettinger bodykit. Not much I know, but is all I have been able to find apart from the silver pre-production pics that are floating around the net
  3. Carn

New born has been delivered.....

Took delivery yesterday afternoon. CW 4 Door, xenon, sunroof, 18's and iPod prep. Im like a kid with a new toy, i can't stop smiling. Ill take some better pics over the weekend, but here are some for you. Me and the new born The SO and new born
  4. Carn

Taillight mod for non N/A GTI's

Maybe someone here can help me out. I saw a thread somewhere about how to connect the rear lights so that the whole circular brake light part lights up as opposed to only the outer half as is common in some countries.:iono:
  5. Carn

Detailing a brand new GTI

Ok boys and girls. My GTI will be arriving soon and Im curious as to what/what not to do to a brand new car. I have read through the Autotopia guide, but still haven't got a definitive answer as to whats best for new paint.:confused: From my readings I've come upon this. 1.) wash with regular...
  6. Carn

Interesting read.....CAI

Edit : No sorry the CIA had absolutely nothing to do with this...honest :redface: Found this whilst researching the Carbonio/Oettinger intake system for the Mk V GTI. The section in red is most interesting and actually makes a whole lot of sense to me. Thoughts, comments ? Fire away ! The...
  7. Carn

Dunno if you've seen these already

Found these 2 while surfing the net. Dunno if they already been posted or not. If so soz otherwise enjoy. http://www.recoil.co.za/stuff/fast.htm
  8. Carn

GTI Review Cars In Action April 2006

Tried posting this in the review section but the topic is closed. Enjoy, GTI vs Ford Focus ST and Mini Cooper JCW.
  9. Carn

Factory iPod Prep Information

For those of you interested here are the part numbers for the factory iPod preperation as is available in the EU when ordering the iPod prep with a new vehicle. Part number : 1KO 857925A1QB is the shelf/tray section that has the ipod control electronics underneath and uses the same connection...
  10. Carn

Boost gauges

Not sure if I should post this here or under the engine section but anyways. Does anyone know who manufactures the best OEM looking boost gauges that will match the Mk V GTI's interior lighting the best ? Another question is as to where the best place would be to mount one.
  11. Carn

SA Specific Information.

Ok guys lets keep this post free from chit chat and put in whatever information you have specifically regarding SA spec GTI's. Phatbox compatibilty : RCD-300 as supplied by VWSA in the GTI is compatible with the Phatbox part number : 000-057-110. If buying off e-bay you will need to buy a 7.5v...
  12. Carn

RCD-500 MP3 Compatability

Hi there guys. Just need some clarification. Does the RCD-500 head unit actually play mp3 cd's and display the id3 tags ? Someone on here posted pics of it but I can't find anything on the Blaupunkt site which actually sayds it supports mp3 cd's. Some clarification would be great. Thanks
  13. Carn

Colour Choices

Ok guys I need some help here. I have a GTI on order for April delivery. I have specced the following options. Sunroof, xenon's, cd changer and 18's. I have the following colours in mind but can't decide which will be best. Candy White, Reflex Silver and United Grey. Perhaps some of you folks...
  14. Carn

Phatbox Usage How Does It Work

Hi there guys just a quick question. I am considering purchasing the Phatbox system for my GTI which is arriving in April I have never used it before and have a few questions. 1.Does it operate through the cd changer or can I still use the cd-changer ? 2. How are the songs arranged on the...