GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. DeepBlue

WTB: OEM Catback Exhaust

Got an OEM downpipe with cat in NYC if interested.
  2. DeepBlue

MK5 GTI OEM Part Out | NYC

Got a few items left over from my old 2008 Mk5 (FSI) GTI which I traded in a few years back. Can provide pics/part #'s, ping me on IM if anyone is interested. OEM K03 Turbo | $100/OBO | Removed by pro shop when car upgraded to K04. Turbo is in very good condition with about 35k miles on it...
  3. DeepBlue

Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi!

Thanks Guys. 2019 SE. Only 2 options available really, DCC/Fender and DSG. I must say, so far, I'm pretty impressed. Lots of improvements over the Mk5. Plenty of power on demand. Car feels just as nimble and much more planted. DSG is smoother and overall way better behaved. The seats, which...
  4. DeepBlue

Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi!

Glad I managed to snap this as I was picking up my new GTI and dropping off the old one. Will definitely miss my Mk5, since I had it for 11(!!!) years. Never imagined that I will own one car for that long, or to be quite frank... that a VW can last (trouble free) for that long. Didn't think...
  5. DeepBlue

TPMS programming

Mine being an '08 is likely too old to switch to ABS tire monitoring. Not sure how to even check into the possibility.
  6. DeepBlue

17's vs 18's Durability

These are what I'm looking for. However, no tires. Adding cost of tires would put this purchase over $1k and thats a bit more than I would want to spend on a car thats worth about $3k tops. I might just get something like this in 17" and be done with it. https://tinyurl.com/sg7mabg
  7. DeepBlue

TPMS programming

Yep, I was thinking along same lines. The prices for a new set of TPMS's is pretty low these days.
  8. DeepBlue

TPMS programming

Apparently, it may be possible to update the batteries on TPMS... I'll have to look into that. I know plenty of guys do this, but I'd hate to turn them off all together. Checking all for 4 tires once in a while is a pain.
  9. DeepBlue

17's vs 18's Durability

Detroits are a more likely bet since Huffs were offered on earlier models and are pretty scarce these days. One advantage of Huffs is that they usually are already equipped with TPMS given that they normally shipped with them. I'm ok with either. Plus, you're quire right, lately I've expanded...
  10. DeepBlue

17's vs 18's Durability

Ahh, I always wanted a set of these! Mine came with Denvers which is a 17" version of these painted mate grey. Best tires I've had on the GTI were Michelin Pilot A/S 3's which are $700 for a set at TireRack right now. For that much, or even less actually, I'm pretty sure I can do wheels and...
  11. DeepBlue

17's vs 18's Durability

All valid points. Parallel parking is all I do anywhere I go in NYC, but I've been doing it since day one and honestly, there is no margin for error even with my current wheels. Any contact with a curb will leave a mark on the rim as the tires do no bulge out far enough to protect the wheel...
  12. DeepBlue

17's vs 18's Durability

I know there is a lot of anecdotal info on this topic, but is there anything resembling a consensus in regards to which is more/less likely to be damaged after an encounter with some road imperfections? I am located in NYC/NJ and we have more then our fair share of busted up roads. I've been...
  13. DeepBlue

TPMS programming

Looking to get new tires or wheels soon. While I'm at it, I figured it might be a good idea to swap out the old TPMS's given that they are 10yrs old at this point. Would new TPMS's be picked up by the car automatically once they are in close proximity or would they need to be programmed? If so...
  14. DeepBlue

WTB: Set of Detroit/Huff Wheels + Tires - NY/NJ/LI

Would prefer wheels with tires but for right price would consider just wheels. Please post or PM me with what you have.
  15. DeepBlue

I can't believe I still DD a Mk5 GTI...

Hey Guys, Bought my GTI in 2009 to up-fun my then 1 hour+ commute. Little did I suspect that I will still be driving it 10+ years later. Just to give some perspective, this is about double the duration of my next longest car ownership interval. Unbelievable... Finally at a crossroads... and...
  16. DeepBlue

Interlagos Rehab Options

Hey Guys, Overall, my seat covers are in great shape for a 10yo car. But the drivers seat cover has been looking a bit "tired" lately. Although, perfectly clean and whole, it does appear to be a few shades different from the other seats. Thats just age and use. Wondering what others have done...
  17. DeepBlue

Need One Denver Wheel Around NY/NJ

Hey Guys, As the title says, I'm looking for one clean/straight 17' Denver rim with no tire and no TPMS around NYC/NJ/LI area. Preferably, withing an hours drive from the city. Need to replace a bent rim and also practice my DYI technique in prep for attempt to convert my existing Denvers to...
  18. DeepBlue

R32 Long term ownership

Hey Guys, Long term Mk5 GTI owner here. Going on 10 years... yeah, I have no idea how the hell that happened. Never planned on keeping it that long. Was watching some videos on Youtube other day and came across one with two guys test driving an R32. This kind of reminded me how I always wanted...
  19. DeepBlue

WTB set of Detroits/Huffs with tires

Please PM or reply with what you have.