GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. white ride

Just went APR Stage 2 and have question regarding my boost numbers, etc.

I have an 08 FSI and recently went to stage 2 (APR) after installing a downpipe/exhaust. I have a BSH pcv fix/street catch can installed, revised VW "D" DV, Carbonio intake, and a Defi boost gauge. The pcv fix/catch can and DV parts are fairly new but had them when the car was stage 1. At...
  2. white ride

Votex side skirt compatible with GTI & Jetta GLI?

I just got votex sideskirts for my GTI and the manual it came with is for a Jetta. I understand that on a GTI it doesn't matter if it's a 2 or 4 door, but is it universal that it works for a GLI as well?
  3. white ride

Thoughts on Votex Side Skirt?

Where is the best place to buy an OEM Votex side skirt? What's a good price for it? I've seen ECS tuning selling it for $443.60 without shipping. Can I get it from the VW dealer? I know there is replica version but prefer the OEM.
  4. white ride

Have VW dealer do CW paint job for a perfect match?

I have some bodykit parts that I need painted CW. I'm not sure if I should go to the local VW dealer to make sure it will be a better paint match than to go with an auto body/paint shop. I know the paint shop will use the specific color code but not sure how tough white is to match (this is my...
  5. white ride

R20 Catch Can

Not sure if this has been posted. Saw this video and noticed the TFSI tuned R20 engine has a catch can: Or is this something else? I wish the GTIs had this.
  6. white ride

DIY: Removing side mirror housing and side mirror lens

I just replaced my car's side mirror lens and thought I'd share pics/steps on how to do this. I know there are a bunch of DIY out there but hopefully this will still be valuable. This works for removing the side mirror housing as well. It's not difficult but do this at your own risk, I'm not...
  7. white ride

BMW UKL1 Hatchback for 2013

Not sure if this is going to happen but read this in Automobile magazine. This will be slotted below the 1 series and will share the same platform from the next generation Mini (that comes out in 2012). This will be slightly longer and taller. Might come with a turbocharged engine (Euro version...
  8. white ride

GTI burnout blows up engine

I've had a VW since 2008 and I'm new to the VW scene. I've come across this video and never have seen something like this or understand the point to this (unless some consider it fun). I've been subscribing to VW Performance and Eurotuner and I always seen VW enthusiasts respect their cars but...
  9. white ride

H20 Slideshow and Pics

Hey all, just wanted to share some pics from H20. I only went there on Saturday, couldn't get a place to stay last minute. I uploaded a slideshow on Youtube, pardon the quality, Youtube seems to compress it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX_bOMajn5c Also uploaded lots of pics on flickr...
  10. white ride

Is a 10 to 100 Ft. Lbs Torque Wrench enough for wheel bolts and light engine work?

Is a 10 to 100 Ft. Lbs Torque Wrench enough for wheel bolts and light engine work? Is this enough for the GTI? Can't wait on my Bentley manual to arrive and need to torque my wheel bolts back. Not sure if minor engine mods will need more than this. Thanks.
  11. white ride

Ford Focus RS Coming to America...

Just got my Autoweek issue and there might be a possibility that Ford could bring this to America. Read the recent hot hatch comparo in Car magazine and this car got a really good review. From Autoweek Uses a Volvo 2.5 Turbo 5 cylinder engine, 305hp.