GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. rs_hunter

Beware Parts4Euro.com...

I posted about some issues I've had with a set of their projector fogs, in response to a question by a fellow member. This was in Parts4Euro's thread promoting the sale of said fogs in the Sponsor Forum. That very thread has disappeared since my post this morning. I expressed my concern that...
  2. rs_hunter

HELP!!! I've got a flashing CEL & no throttle...

I'm stuck at a rest area... Had been driving about 60 miles when the light started flashing. Pulled off and shut the car down. Checked for anything obvious, saw nothing. Started the engine and had no throttle whatsoever. Engine was running fine before I shut it down.
  3. rs_hunter

Un-friggin'-believeable...

Well, some of you no doubt saw my thread about the roofing adhesive getting sprayed all over my car like a giant web. It etched the windscreen, meant no small job in saving the paint and having the shield and all the grills replaced. The job was finally completed two weeks ago after having a POS...
  4. rs_hunter

A new meaning to "urethane topcoat"...

Well, it looks like I've finally got my very own "You'll never believe this..." story. I was cruising up I-75 late this afternoon and, just after changing lanes, I noticed a cloud of something coming out of the bed of a pick-up truck ahead of me. At first I thought it was grass, like you often...
  5. rs_hunter

Name that noise...

My car has been squeak, rattle and clunk free until recently. Of late, I've noticed an intermittent rapping sound when starting the car from cold. It only happens perhaps one time out of ten, if not less frequently. It starts with 5-6 quick knocks from the engine compartment and it sounds like...
  6. rs_hunter

Help! Do you know a wheel like this one?

I've found a wheel design I rather like, but it isn't available in a proper offset. So, is anyone familiar with a wheel that has a design similar to the one pictured below? Thanks
  7. rs_hunter

VW Golf Mk7 (Yes, Seven)

It's just their illustration of what they believe the MkVII will look like. Anyone else remember just how far off some of the artist renderings of the MkVI were from the real thing? I'll wait until we get a lot closer to production, and the test mules are starting to conform more with final...
  8. rs_hunter

Auto-Motion in Louisville, KY?

Does anyone have any experience with Auto-Motion? Any comments, good or bad? Thanks
  9. rs_hunter

Mesh wheel recommendations?

I've decided to get a new set of wheels. I'm interested in something with black centers and a lip that's either polished or machined. I'm thinking 18"x8" or 18"x8.5", with an offset of 45 or higher. I'd be mounting a 225/40 on an 8" wheel, or a 235/40 on an 8.5". How about some recommendations...
  10. rs_hunter

Bleeder size?

What is the size of the bleeder screws on the MkV GTI? I didn't find anything using the search...