GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Strange Wander and Hop

Have an 09 4dr with 18" Huffs and Pirelli PZero All Seasons...suspension is all stock. On fairly level pavement the car seems to wander. In addition, when cornering on a fairly fast on ramp...there is a pretty good smooth bump that causes the rear of the car to hop significantly. I'm wondering...
  2. M

Leaking boost or DSG slipping?

I've got an 09' DSG TSI CBFA with a stage 1 BSH true seal and recently applied the APR ECU tune running 93 octane program exclusively. In second and third gear runs from about 1500 rpm, I get strong acceleration until about 3000-3250 when I feel the power drop suddenly, and then it comes back...
  3. M

APR Waterfest Sale Info - Kinda confused.

Does this mean that this sale is available now? And secondly, do you have to be onsite at Waterfest to take advantage of it? From CGigon@APR's Waterfest post... "Here is a quick glance at some of the specials we are currently running and will be offering at Waterfest: All APR Software is on...
  4. M

APR Trial loaded and BSH itake ordered...

I had my car flashed today with the APR Stage 1 and I must say that I will be in line to purchase this when the next sale comes. I am very impressed by what I have experience so far...but... Info... 09' 4DR DSG - Stock Seems the power improvements are inconsistent. Same speed, same gear...
  5. M

Car Wash scratched my Huffs!!

Are these rims clearcoated or did they scratch the metal. I am wondering if there is a way to fix this...or do I need to ring the neck of a car wash owner? All fours rims have long fairly light scratches....probably 30 or so per spoke.
  6. M

Finally - Pickup Tomorrow!!

09' Black 4DR DSG with Cloth, Sunroof, and 18" Huffs. Getting it for $25,543 plus tax.... What do you think?
  7. M

BSH DV Relocate

Planning on a BSH Intake and possibly the DV relocate. In the instructions for performing the install, Step 4 is for removing the noise box. Is this absolutely required? Can I just cap off the firewall connections similar to the noise pipe delete steps?
  8. M

Where to go in SE Michigan for APR Tune?

Looking for the best place...I see VAST Performance and Steve's European Tuning on APR site. Anyone have an opinion? Might be willing to drive a little further to get a really good shop. Thanks!!
  9. M

Can we induce another APR Spring into Power sale?!

I know I am bummed that I was not able to take advantage of APR's Spring into Power sale, but I wonder if we can create enough demand to make it worth their while. I for one will not hesitate to purchase the fully loaded ECU package for $599, and I think that there are lots of others too...
  10. M

RE: Golf GTI V50 - VW Warranty - APR Tuned

RE: Golf GTI V50 - VW Warranty - APR Tuned As the OP of this thread, and having not responded since I started it...I will first apologize. Second, I will say that competition is what makes business and products better. That said, I still not sure my question was answered. I think that APR reps...
  11. M

Golf GTI V50 - VW Warranty Why nots US?

I would be willing to take an 09' GTI over waiting for a 10' MK6. Mainly because VW will warranty an APR Stage One tune and other upgrades. Come on APR help us out here!! http://www.goapr.com/VW/news/gti-v50.html
  12. M

Can DSG survive APR Stage 3?

I have been reading everything I can about this subject, and can't seem to find a clear answer. If someone knows of a thread that contains this info, please link me to it. I am hours away from selecting my first GTI. DSG or Manual is my last decision, and the APR ECU upgrade is hopefully in my...