GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

Tire pressure?

I'm running 17" w/ PSS at 35 psi. Getting conflicting information on what to do on the track: 40 front, 35 rear, to have more front grip: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=58 35 front, 40 rear, basically the opposite, to loosen up the rear...
  2. B

Track days: Mod my MkV, or, get a new car?

I have an MkV GTI w/ Stage 1 APR ECU and Michelin PSS tires. In my area, the GTI is competitive at autocross but I rarely see them at the track. The typical cars I see are WRX, 335i, 350Z, Corvettes, Caymans, etc. I feel the car is competitive in the twisties (though suffers from body roll)...
  3. B

Err, how to replace front windshield wiper

I bought Rain-X Latitude wipers thinking it would be a snap in replacement for my 2007 GTI MkV.. the OEM wipers have a button so the blade snaps out, but I can't figure out how to install the new Latitude wipers in there. I think I'd have to remove the whole clip or replace the whole arm, which...
  4. B

Rattling from center dash air vent?

The center dash air vent, the one on the top of the dash, has a tendency to rattle on the highway. If I put a little bit of weight on it, the rattling stops. How can I pop it open to fix the rattling?
  5. B

Interior rocker light switch, broken, how to fix?

My MkV interior cabin rocker light switch, which lets you turn the lights on/on when doors open/off, is broken.. Normally it clicks as you change the positions, but now it's completely loose. How do you get at the inside so I can see what's going wrong and fix it? Anyone else have this problem?
  6. B

Sat radio question

I have an 07 GTI, not sure if it has Sirius radio or not though.. it has the sharkfin-type antenna on the roof, not the antenna pole. But when I hit SAT on the radio, it doesn't display the ID. How can I tell whether it's sat ready or not, and how do I get the ID if so?