GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. V

Has anyone ever had the Intake flap system on a BPY, create a vacuum leak?

Has anyone ever had the Intake manifold flap system on a BPY, create a vacuum leak along the actuator arm/shaft?
  2. V

odd fuel trims crop up on high mileage.

so i have been throwing parts at my car for a few weeks now trying to correct my fuel trims. my idle trim is between -1.5 & -2.1 my partial trim is between +16 & +21, which is forcing the ecu to cut boost back. i have been on APR's stage 2+ for over 110000kms. vehicle mileage is almost...
  3. V

I have bad luck with clutches... I need to be 'edumacated'

So... some history on my car. Starting in 2009, I modded my car through Stage 1 and Stage 2+, I ran a South Bend/ DXD racing Stage 2 Endurance clutch, 'til I drove to work one day and a damping spring the disc popped out; That was about 2.5 - 3 years out of that clutch (Spring 2014). Pulled...
  4. V

Well I think my Southbend clutch sh*t the bed.

Yesterday, when I was backing into a parking stall at work, something caused my clutch to grab and not let go and nearly caused me to rear end the car behind me. AND then I can't press the clutch in. Based some of the post I have read, my current theory is a dampening spring fell out of the...
  5. V

VW and Audi DSG Clutch Upgrade Kit

Any one use this kit yet? OB4sKKOqqAQ
  6. V

HVAC control not responding, and Rad fans on the entire time

So, I on my drive from work, my HVAC stopped responding (controls were not illuminated) and my rad fans were full speed the entire drive. Has this happened to anyone else? I didn't get time to VAG-COM it, I was dropping the car off for comeback on a leaky water pump. I had no CEL's either.
  7. V

Still plagued with a slight vacuum leak....

Can my runner flaps be a source of a vacuum leak on my intake manifold? It is a slight leak because my partial fuel trims (Block 32-2) are 19-20%. I've blocked off the PCV port, checked and sealed the IAT sensor port.... are the any other emissions ports that I should try blocking off? Some...
  8. V

Help Diagnosing Engine running rich

Firstly, I have been trying to figure out why my car has been cutting power via N75. Secondly, I found that engine is running rich via Block 32-2 at ~18%, sometimes peaking 22%. Change the O2 sensor, still roughly the same values, and the old sensor was black. Changed plugs, no improvement. I...
  9. V

What some of the symptoms of N276 failure?

My car is running really weird. 123500kms and it runs like this -> click me APR pump was installed at 75000kms.
  10. V

Looking for help: No boost. I have Logs

Looking for help: No boost. I have Logs [RESOLVED?] So my car is not boosting again, and it seems to be doing it more often now that Edmonton is dipping into the single digits for temperature. I kept my laptop in my car this time, so i have a couple logs to post and an auto-scan. I just walk...
  11. V

Is APR releasing an update for mk5 platform?

The reason I am asking is 'cause I'm getting sick and tired of my car having to reset its timing and boost maps with each tank of gas. I believe the reason is the fuels around me have varying amounts of ethanol blended in up to a max of 10%, and the tune is not handling the changes very well...
  12. V

RCD510 w/USB??

Legit or some china hack build? Looking for a head unit on ebay.
  13. V

[APR software] Is my N75 failing or freezing, or something else?

OK this year has been exceptionally cold this year, and there have been times when the car will not boost (~3-4psi) and other times it will hit Stage2+ power. I have not logged anything yet, because there is no consistency to this problem. No check engine light However, it does seem to be more...
  14. V

MK6 auto climate control

I have heated seats in my MK5. I have found that there a few different versions of the mk6 auto climate control, whether it is from a gti, tiguan, etc. Will any of them with heated seat control work, or am I looking for a specific revision/design? What is the part number for the trim that goes...
  15. V

Help identifying

One of the local shops is selling speciality head units. Just seeing if anyone can identify it
  16. V

APR Stage 2+ tune oddity...

OK, this is odd in my mind but I am going to ask anyway. couple of weeks ago I was having stalling issues with my car, and alot of signs pointed to another faulty or dying MAF. Unfortunately, I was really busy with work and could not deal with it at the moment, so I disconnected the MAF and...
  17. V

2.0TFSI sometimes stalls when I clutch in.

[SOLVED] 2.0TFSI sometimes stalls when I clutch in. Lately, my gti has been stalling or close to stalling when I clutch in approaching a stop light. Trying to figure out some directions to investigate on. I have a VAGCOM too.
  18. V

Summerfest 5 - Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Summerfest 5! VW car show, Volkswagens old and new. Saturday August 4th, 2012. Free general admission. Close to the city center airport at Queen Mary Park Community League, 117th st. and 108th ave. Car show on the grass, no hot pavement! A fun family event with a play area for the kids...
  19. V

K04 performance

This may be more of a question for the tuners. Can I push more out of a K04 on the BPY in my GTI if I upgrade the connecting rods?