GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

Gone but not forgotten...

So after much debate and internal struggle, I sold my 2008 GTI back at the beginning of this month. The car had 140k miles on it and was still in pretty good shape. Suspension was in need of a refresh, but with my 90 mile/day commute, it was becoming a bit unbearable to keep up with the...
  2. B

FS: EVAP breather hose

Sold my car and found this part I never installed. VW pn 8P0133781B Purge valve breather hose. This part, along with the N80 purge valve, is known to fail and causes your gas cap light to come on. Easy fix, just need some new hose clamps. Yours free if you pay shipping, or free pickup locally...
  3. B

FS: Stock Fog Lights, Reflector Type

Car is gone and I'm cleaning out some parts I have laying around. These fog lights were on the car for ~100k miles before I switched them out for projectors. Some rock chips on lenses as would be expected. Otherwise in good condition. Comes with original bulbs and a brand new (never used) set of...
  4. B

Crossroads - Opinions wanted

Hey all, I've been doing a lot of thinking about selling my GTI vs keeping it for the long haul. I'm basically at a crossroads now. The car has ~140k and desperately needs some new suspension/bushings to bring the fun factor back to what it used to be. My guess is it'll cost around $1000 to get...
  5. B

Valve Cleaning

So I'm getting constant misfires on Cylinder #2 and I think I'm about ready to bite the bullet on removing the intake and getting the valves cleaned. I have an 08 FSI with almost 70k miles on it, so it's about time. The dealer quoted me $1500 to do this :thumbdown: Anyone have any good...
  6. B

Carbon Buildup Caused CEL

So I got a check engine light while driving home last night. Dropped the car off at the dealer this morning and they say I'm getting misfires on Cylinder #2 due to excessive carbon buildup on the intake valves. Supposedly they used a boroscope to check. Said for $1200 they'd take the head apart...
  7. B

Amp and Loc settings

A question to those who run the audio control lc6 loc and alpine pdx5 amp with the stock headunit. Where do you have your level control and gain knobs set? I finally finished up my install this weekend of nik brewer's stealth box. I am running the stock headunit (premium 7) and i'm amping the...
  8. B

Another one bites the dust...

Had a check engine light come on yesterday so I took my car to the dealer (still under warranty). Turns out the cam follower failed and damaged the cam shaft. Low and behold I am without my GTI until next Tuesday since the dealer doesn't have parts in stock. My car has about 40k miles...
  9. B

Amp Wiring Kit?

So I am trying to piece together everything i need for my sub install. This will be the first stereo work i've done before. I plan on installing the following with my factory HU (premium 7) -Audiocontrol LC6i -Alpine PDX-5 -Nik's stealth box I am going to make a custom harness to tap the...
  10. B

Check Engine Light Woes

Sorry if this has been answered before, but my question is the following: If the check engine light comes on, then goes out 2 days later, will the dealer still be able to read the codes? In other words, is the code logged by the car's ecu or is it only accessible if the CEL is on? I was just...
  11. B

Dension IPOD Adapter Question

Does anyone know if the dension ipod adaptor comes with the ipod dock cable? http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/DENSION_GW33VC1.html It's not pictured above and I'm just wondering if anyone knows from personal experience. Still haven't made up my mind whether to go the dice or...