GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. VancouverGTI

EPA considering lowering ethanol content

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/16/us/for-first-time-epa-proposes-reducing-ethanol-requirement-for-gas-mix.html?_r=1& An interesting about-face. Personally, I like your ethanol enriched fuel, as it's much better than B.C.'s crappy gas. I've always thought the idea of trading food stock for fuel...
  2. VancouverGTI

$5 device opening locked cars

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/new-5-device-easily-unlocks-car-doors-for-thieves-in-winnipeg-1.2288826 So, what do we know about this? Does it affect us, and if so, would disabling the remote in VAG-COM solve the issue? This could change everything where keyless entry is concerned. :mad:
  3. VancouverGTI

R8 coil packs - better or worse than stock?

Blew my first coil pack last night on the way home from work. Limped it into the dealership and they verified that it was a bad coil pack, which isn't covered by my powertrain warranty. So, given that it was on my dime, I had them install the R8 coil packs instead; part number 06E-905-115-E...
  4. VancouverGTI

Alzor 349's vs. VMR V710's

Alzor Style 349's Saw these in my inbox today, and for the price, well... wow. Anyone in the know capable of telling me why the Alzor's are half the price of a V710? No disrespect intended towards VMR at all! I just can't get past the price difference here.
  5. VancouverGTI

Replacing only one strut?

My `09 is at the dealer for its 60,000km service, and its bumper-to-bumper warranty expires within a week. I've been complaining of a click when maneuvering at parking lot speeds, and turning the wheel to full lock. They've identified a leaking strut, and replaced just the one under warranty...
  6. VancouverGTI

APR tune; great on U.S. gas, not so much on Canadian gas

So, in the three years I've had my car, I've had a few opportunities to run U.S. gas, both on Stage 1 and Stage 2. In either case, the car runs noticeably harder, yet smoother on U.S. gas. Interestingly, the transmission also shifts much smoother on U.S. gas. On Canadian gas, power delivery...
  7. VancouverGTI

Exhaust smell in cabin; APR DP with cat

This winter I've been smelling exhaust in the cabin, and a co-worker I recently gave a ride to made the same observation right away. Very obvious when idling in traffic, but not an issue when the car is mostly in motion. I had the shop that installed my APR downpipe double-check everything, and...
  8. VancouverGTI

What should be connected here?

Inside the dashed box? Anyone? There's nothing currently attached to it on my car, and its cleanliness compared to the rest of the engine compartment suggests that there was.
  9. VancouverGTI

DSG Reset "Defined Test Drive"

Hey all. Getting ready to do a DSG reset to try and eliminate the jerking I'm experiencing at low speeds, and when stopping and starting. I noticed the following instructions regarding a "Defined Test Drive" after VAG-COM does its work, and... they're not very clear! The way this reads, I...
  10. VancouverGTI

FS: APR RSC cat-back exhaust

Bought it in August, and had it on the car for less than a month. Sounds very aggressive at WOT, but that turned out to be louder than I like for my daily driver. $700 CDN. I'll consider shipping (at the buyer's expense) only if I can't find a local buyer. My American brethren probably won't...
  11. VancouverGTI

TSI VAG COM logging - 230-1 Rail Pressure?

Hey gang, Just thought I'd check in with other TSI owners who have run logs, in particular APR's rounds as specified on their site: http://www.goapr.com/support/datalogging.php They specify block 230-x for Rail Pressure, and that's not available on my car. What block is interchangeable? I've...
  12. VancouverGTI

New speeding laws in B.C.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2010/09/02/bc-speeding-impoundment.html Get caught going 40km/h over, and your car gets impounded? Personally, I find this new legislation excessive, especially considering that this same government's Solicitor General got caught for excessive...
  13. VancouverGTI

FS: New APR RSC catback - $750

Hey boys, I'm not interested in shipping, so this will be a local (GVA) sale only. I've had this on my car less than a month, and am finding it a little too loud at WOT for my (aged) tastes. :biggrin: It comes off the car on Tuesday, so if you're seriously considering this and want to hear it...
  14. VancouverGTI

How much timing pull is normal?

Hey all, I got an APR RSC exhaust system a couple of weeks ago, along with the supporting Stage 2 tune. There's a definitely a power difference, but it's not much. After running some logs, I believe I'm seeing more timing pull than I should be, but I'm not clear on what's normal for our cars in...
  15. VancouverGTI

FS: `87 Vanagon - $2500

My friend's heading out of the country, so it's time to part with his Vanagon. He's kept it in pretty good shape for 225,000km! Any inquiries can be directed here: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/cto/1866504166.html
  16. VancouverGTI

Stock GTI exhaust; one piece, or sections?

Hey all, Did a search and couldn't find anything clear. Any of you exhaust junkies know if the stock TSI exhaust comes apart cleanly, or is it one big part? I've ordered an APR RSC setup, but I'll be keeping the stock exhaust, and have to figure out how and where to store it. Thanks!
  17. VancouverGTI

Audi's 2008 Le Mans run

"Truth in 24" is a great documentary of Audi's attempts in the 2008 Le Mans. Very interesting and exciting, and it's free! http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewMovie?id=307316228&s=143455 Yes, you'll need iTunes. No, I don't care if you're above using Apple software. Enjoy...
  18. VancouverGTI

Any Brizzy get-togethers planned?

Hey boys, I've been back in Australia visiting family this month, and I'm here in Palm Beach til I fly out Thursday. Anyone getting together?
  19. VancouverGTI

Dear vendors; please make this boost gauge

Just putting this out there to any vendor who's listening for feedback from potential customers. I want to buy an OEM-look boost gauge for my GTI, but no-one makes one, which means there's a golden opportunity waiting for you! I can't be the only one who wants this... OEM, to me, means: -...
  20. VancouverGTI

Vancouver gas: Chevron causing problems?

Vancouver gas: Chevron causing problems? (Updated: no, it's not) Hey boys, I got my GTI back from the shop today. In addition to replacing the mechatronic, which tripped out on me a while back, I had them look at a pretty harsh series of fuel cuts I experienced just last Friday. In the end...