GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. K

SoCal MKVers: What tuner shops do you use?

Little background: I ran into some people from GMG Racing when I was cruising around Crystal Cove last Saturday. They quoted me $420 for the spring installation and $200 something for the alignment, so probably about $650 plus the cost of springs. Pacific VW quoted me ~$500 for the same thing...
  2. K

On DSGs, twin turbos, and 4Motion AWD

I emailed HPA today, and I thought I should share what I learned: a) I won't be buying a GT6 conversion anytime soon (even though it would be sweet to blow the doors off of 911 Turbos all day long in a VW) b) the DSG is a sweet transmission (I already knew that) apparently able to support 400...
  3. K

iPod Your GTI

Hey all, just wanted to pass along some info I heard about the VW iPod integration from the dealership manager. Apparently it won't show the song or artist title; it just shows a track number. It also only lets you play 5 playlists, nothing else. You can't select a certain song or artist. He...
  4. K

What are you paying for your GTI?

For those of you in the US who have already purchased your new GTI, how much did you pay for it? Even though I'm in CA I think I can get a good chunk off since the dealers have been flooded with GTIs. Furthermore, a dealer on ebay was offering a GTI with a reserve price below invoice!
  5. K

Launch Control with DSG

I've been hearing that we won't have launch control until next year. While that'd be really sweet to have, I can't wait a year just for that. Any word on whether or not launch control can be chipped in? I've also been hearing about special edition versions of the 2.0T GTI with (up to) 240 hp...