GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. W

FS -- MkV .:R32 - White - 39,XXXmi - SoCal

Deleting old post with personal contact info that came up in a Google search.
  2. W

Partially off topic... who's playing the new GT5?!

Before I get any further off topic... there isn't much .:R love in the car lineup :iono: The mkiv HPA bi-turbo is nice but I was hoping to see the mkv and maybe the new R. The game play is fantastic though.... I'm pretty involved in the A and B-spec mode as of now but I do occasionally crank...
  3. W

MKV R32 Battery

I pulled the spare out of the back to get to my battery and noticed the 10 triple square bit screws holding down the battery cover down and thought to myself "damn it VW and your crazy bolts..." I noticed there wasn't much info regarding this so I wanted to post up a good thread I found on...
  4. W

DNX6140 ipod/video playback

It's been about 6 months since I installed my DNX6140 and I have to say I'm very happy with it so far. One thing is really bothering me however.... video playback from my iphone (it doesn't work). My iPod adapter has the audio/video wires so what gives? Besides standard DVD video, has anyone...
  5. W

CW, CBP, ORRRR......

DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT TAKING THIS IN FOR PAINT ANY TIME SOON (IF AT ALL) Zev's CBP all shined up had me thinking the other day.... should I have gone with the blue or did I make the right choice with my CW? First off, it was close. I had a blue one on a truck to Miami from Orlando when I made...
  6. W

seeking clarification...

I was under the hood yesterday and remembered seeing a thread awhile back with the highlighted piece removed in the picture below and was curious as to it's purpose. I would imagine it's emission control. since the thread i remember seeing it on wasn't dedicated to what I'm talking about, I...
  7. W

10W6v2... torn between 2 amps!

As much as I like Nicks work, I've decided to go with JL's kind-of stealth box with the 10W6v2. Alpines PDX line seems to be the commonly chosen route for amps, but I'm torn between the PDX-1.600 and Pioneer's Premier Line PRS-D1200M. The stock H/U has been replaced with Kenwood's DNX-6140...
  8. W

Kenwood & Connects2 thread

I'd like to find a solution to my problem and turn this into a kenwood/connects2 thread to remove any guess work from future installs. as of now, I have the connects2 harness and stalk adapter. all wires are color matched. The blue/yellow from the H/U (REMO.CONT) is connected to the brown...
  9. W

I give up... someone PLEASE help...

First of all... I'm colorblind and matching these wires up is enough to piss me off. On to the last of the problems I hope: The H/U is a Kenwood DNX6140. I'm using all the Connects2 gear to pair it up. Picture 1: you can see my connects2 kenwood lead connects to NOTHING. I know I don't use...
  10. W

Kenwood DNX6140 wiring issues

It's not a huge deal, I'm just a little rusty! I have on order my connects2 harness but since I had this harness available NOW I just wanted to use it until the good stuff gets here. FYI: since this is a temporary setup (couple weeks tops), no PAC will be used and I'll be living w/o steering...
  11. W

What HU dash kit did you use??

Title says it all... I'm not real impressed with the options out there. The foreign waywell HU looks amazing but I'm not going to jump through hoops to get my hands on one. I've got my eye's set on the Kenwood DNX6140 and plan to pull the trigger by tomorrow but I don't want to ugly up my car...
  12. W

.:R32 cut-away and or blown up images??

I searched for a bit and only came up with this.... http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1271202 I'm looking for a .pdf file to the 3.2L and/or the whole car in general. Extra points if it has a "service" section that lists part numbers for specialty tools to get the job done right...
  13. W

Daytona meet this weekend?????

Hey my boss is a VW nut and said there's supposed to be a big meet in Daytona this weekend. I doubt I'll make it but I noticed there's no info posted up here for it yet.... anyone have more details and can confirm this? Spread the wealth! :happyanim:
  14. W

Saw this custom R32 exhaust on youtube....

This sounds amazing IMO.... it looks like an S-type Borla muffler with some fabricated outlets and I wanted to see if anyone else had their opinion on what this muffler might be. Exhaust size? I'm guessing 3" what you think? Personally I wouldn't want to run any bigger then 2.5" on a stock...