GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Fast Ticking noise from Front Passenger Side of car

I haven't posted for quite some time...I hope everyone is well. I have noticed that sometimes when my car sits at idle, I hear this very loud clicking noise from the front passenger side of the car. Almost from the wheel well. It goes away the second I touch the gas. If my car is idleing at like...
  2. G

Strange squeak at point of engagement

Hey everyone. Long-time member but haven't posted in a long time. Love the modifications to the site, very tastefully done. Anyway, on to my new problem. When my windows are down and I drive near parked cars or a wall, I hear a strange squeak when my car engages (6MT). Any thoughts?
  3. G

APR software issues?

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2652616 Have you guys read this post on the tex? very interesting. Apparently this guy's car just would not accept the APR software upgrade? Makes me wonder if I am getting the full benefits. My boost levels seem to be OK, but I really have to find a...
  4. G

NJ shore this weekend?

Guys, My mkV and I will be on Long Beach Island NJ (exit 63 off the Garden State Parkway) if anyone wants to meet up. I'll have my Milltek tb exhaust to show off as well as my APR ecu flash. Anyone interested? Just let me know by Friday morning, because I will be without internet over the...
  5. G

FS: APR Stealth Downpipe $450

I am selling the APR downpipe (Stealth). I would also consider selling this as a complete Turbo-Back set-up for 1100, for a savings of 200 off of the complete system. It will have been on my car for a total of 5 days, and about 100 miles. Sparkling clean! I am in NJ and would rather not ship...
  6. G

FS: APR Catback exhaust $650! priced to sell!

Like the title says, this is a great opp to get a APR cat-back for a little cheaper. It is 2 days old. My friend got me a great deal on the Milltek so I am going with that one and will get rid of the APR cheap. I have all the reciepts and paperwork proving when it was bought and installed. I...
  7. G

Rear Passenger Seat Rattle

Does anyone else have an annoying rattle coming from the rear passenger seat? Perhaps it's the headrest? This is my only major rattle and it seems like I am the only one that has it. Thank goodness I don't have all of the other ones I've been reading about in addition to mine. any other...
  8. G

Should I get Summer Tires once I am chipped and exhaust?

I am currently using the stock 17s with the Conti All Seasons. I am fairly satisfied with this tire thus far. I am getting APR software upgrade and APR tb exhaust mid-June, and obviously traction is going to be a concern. Besides improving my suspension, should I upgrade to high-performance...
  9. G

Any Pics of Neuspeed RS10s and RS6s on GTI?

I am interested in getting in on The neuspeed wheel GB, but I would like to see more pics of these wheels on GTIs. CW pics would be stellar. Thanks guys!
  10. G

Chipped and Fuel Pump Issues

I read somewhere that some of our cars were produced with an "older" fuel pump, and then at some point they transitioned over to a newer, better fuel pump. I also read that if you have one of these older fuel pumps (and the only way to tell is by physically looking at it under the hood), you may...
  11. G

Look what I just got delivered...

Install is happening this weekend. My first impressions are pretty good. The piece feels very solid and the directions look fine. The gauge itself is somewhat tilted to the right, therefore I am assuming it can only be installed in the vent to the left of the steering wheel (so that it tilts...
  12. G

With Chip and/or exhaust, do I need a Diverter Valve?

Hey guys, my friend with an mk4 really recommended that I get a diverter valve when I get chipped. Is this a must?
  13. G

ESE Color matched Side Markers Installed

Install was a snap. To remove the stock lenses, press on the bottom corner closest to the front bumper, and slide your finger towards the front bumper as you apply pressure. The pictures suck, but you get the idea. The paint matches perfectly, and I am very happy. AWE boost gauge gets installed...
  14. G

Reputable window tinting in North NJ?

Anyone know of a good place to get my windows tinted in northern NJ? Thanks!
  15. G

help posting pics

How do i post pics to my garage and/or to a post? Do I need to turn the quality/size down on my camera? What is a good size or reolution to use? How do i post the pics in the post, so as you scroll down, you view all of the pictures? God im dumb. Thanks for your help.
  16. G

What is your single-most favorite thing about the mkv?

Alright everyone, if you had to name one thing you like best about your mkv, what is it? Let's see how long we can grow the list if everyone names one thing, no matter how minute. I'll start it off. I love the soft red glow that all of the instruments throw off at night. It makes the interior...
  17. G

Free Satellite Radio?

I pick up my mkv tomorrow, and I am getting Sirius. Do our cars come with free satellite radio for a few months? How do you activate it after the free trial period? Thanks,
  18. G

I finally placed my Mkv order!

First, let me say thank you for this site. I have read hundreds of posts. links to videos, articles, etc. which led me to want a new GTI more than anything. I currently drive a 2000 celica gt-s, and I can't wait to make the jump from japanese to German-made quality. I pick up my White (sorry I...