GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Socal - Los Angeles / Mechanic - Shop, recommendations? No more stealer-ship for me!

Yep, in SM. Been to these guys before, for some light work... They were just ok overall. Thanks!
  2. S

MKV Upholstery Fabric Door Cards - LAME

LOL - I dig the pun. Yeah, lame ass glue... dang VW for this! Thanks man!
  3. S

2008 MKV Suspension Refresh - What's your recipe

Thanks! I spoke with ECS. Based on my diagnosis I mentioned receiving from the stealer-shop and my refresh wants (enhanced OEM feel more firm and keeping height)... they suggested these parts to save on money. Thanks again, looking forward to hearing everyone's opinion! *Do you all agree with...
  4. S

MKV Upholstery Fabric Door Cards - LAME

Hey everyone, I had my headliner replaced, and now it's time for the door cards. Sad, VW did not recall this nightmare. I'm sure you all know! Anyway I tried gluing, but that was a big mess, worked a bit... I looked on EBAY and found some 'pleather' fake leather precut fabric - thinking this...
  5. S

Socal - Los Angeles / Mechanic - Shop, recommendations? No more stealer-ship for me!

Hey everyone, Can anyone tell me a shop (preferably on the west side of Los Angeles) they trust to do ANY and ALL mechanical work on our MKV's? I used to have a place I TRUSTED, but the mechanic retired... though it was inconvenient (over 60 miles away) they did the job right the first time...
  6. S

2008 MKV Suspension Refresh - What's your recipe

Hey everyone, My baby's up to 120k and starting to sound like a squeaky mattress going over bumps. :) Sad as I'm wanting to keep this car for another 100k and beyond. The car will not a see a track, is Revo stage 1, and I enjoy twisties - rolling Michelin pilot super sports. The stealer-ship...
  7. S

Help Replace Thermostat - Los Angeles Area?

Hey guys. Stealership wants $600+ to put in a new thermostat. They confirmed it's that. I'm tired of clearing the 2181 code (cooling performance) light from my dash and don't want to burn up my 08 MKV. I guess I could do it, just order the part from ECS, but have heard this particular repair...
  8. S

iPod Armrest connector stopped working. Anyone have a spare?

Hey everybody. Does anyone have a spare, iPod wiring harness? Its the original 30pin slide in style... Looking for an Ipod wiring harness for the armrest console in my 2008 GTI. I think the part #is 1k0857925e1qb Mine died and I would love to pop in a new one to get my iPod running again...
  9. S

iPod Armrest connector stopped working. Anyone have a spare?

Hey everybody. Does anyone have a spare, iPod wiring harness? Its the original 30pin slide in style... Looking for an Ipod wiring harness for the armrest console in my 2008 GTI. I think the part #is 1k0857925e1qb Mine died and I would love to pop in a new one to get my iPod running again...
  10. S

Help - VAG-COM near Los Angeles - DRL hookup?

Hey guys, My left front HID went out on my 08 GTI. Looking at the 4300k or 5000k to replace - once I get a chance to get under the hood. These any good? http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...oducts_id=1250 So anybody around Santa Monica - can hook up quick turning off my DRLs? Happy to come...
  11. S

VAG-COM near Los Angeles - DRL hookup?

Hey guys. My left front HID went out on my 08 GTI. Looking at the 4300k or 5000k to replace - once I get a chance to get under the hood. These any good? http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=1250 So anybody around Santa Monica - can hook up quick turning off...
  12. S

Clear Side Markers - Mind the Gap fix?

Hey everybody, (Searched on this a bit, but did not see an answer thought I would just post here.) I got some clear side markers to replace the orange 'reflectors' - love the new look - matches the rest of the cars clear plastic covering lights on the side mirrors, etc... Anyway, since these...
  13. S

FS - MKV GTI OEM Exhaust - Rabbit Upgrade?

Like a lot of guys I too installed the VW Sport Exhaust love it - get it if you can. I have the OEM exhaust still, it came off my Wolfsburg assembled '08 GTI with 34k miles on it. I have picks if need be. I polished the tips weekly, they are as new as can be. In SoCal - Local pickup. Thanks.
  14. S

REVO Stage One - messed up MFD on MKV

Evening guys, Long time reader, finally manned up and got the Revo after my last 10k, figured car was broken in and I knew what it was all about in stock mode. Was assured Revo Stage One would not do anything wrong to my car, so went ahead with it. Be advised...this was not the case for me...
  15. S

Retrofitting 08 GTI with RNS 510 questions

Hello everyone, My first post here. Have been hunting around but just wanted to firm up a few things. Before I take this expensive plunge. I have an 08 GTI with premium sound and ipod. I choose not to get the nav. :) well because it sorta sucked. Fell in love with the rns-560 as I am sure...