GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. sullwe

Clutch Issue

Hey everyone, Been having a problem with my clutch for awhile now, hopefully I can get some other opinions on this. Car had ~76k miles on it when the clutch went. Ever since I got it replaced (just hit 100k today) it just hasn't "felt" right. It seems to not be as stiff as the old clutch...
  2. sullwe

Tie rod boot

Got new tires today since the old ones started to feather, which is a very annoying sound. Got the alignment done and the guy told me my tie rod boots had torn and probably have 6 months on them left. So two questions: Should I just go ahead and buy all new ones? Do I have to get another...
  3. sullwe

Interior LED

I just installed some LEDs and have noticed that once they are supposed to go out they appear to be very dimly light. Not completely on, but like there is power running to them enough that you can make out a noticeable glow coming from them. Anyone else see this? Or is this being caused by...
  4. sullwe

Head gasket?

Been thinking about trading in the GTI lately and went to get a price estimate at Car Max, and got quoted $5,000. There reasoning for this was the oil was milky on the oil cap and they are going off of that being a head gasket issue. I have been chasing this problem for a while and did a...
  5. sullwe

Coolant Flange Removal/Replace

Has anyone ever changed a coolant flange? The one that houses the G62 coolant temperature sensor. I broke mine trying to change the brake booster piping.
  6. sullwe

About to hit 65K time for some parts/service!

Looking at getting a few parts added and to change some out: BSH Catch Can Fuel Filter Valve Cover Gasket Not really looking to get anymore power out of the car just to keep it going. Anything else I should look at?
  7. sullwe

Fuel trim too lean

Car keeps throwing this CEL. I cleaned the MAF sensor and filter and it keeps coming back. I pulled the dipstick with the engine on to check if it was the PCV and the engine starting to idle rough, which if I remember means its' good. Anyone got any ideas on what else to check/replace?
  8. sullwe

Thumping sound

Got a problem. When I'm driving I keep getting this "thumping" sound from what seems like the front end. The sound starts at about 25mph and seemed to be more noticeable during the winter months and when on the brakes. Anyone got any ideas on what could be wrong?
  9. sullwe

Flashing CEL

So got a little bit of a problem. I was driving home last night getting on the highway in 3rd gear and decided to get on it a bit. I didn't go full throttle (maybe 75%) and when the RPM's hit about 4-4.5k my it felt like I lost traction and the RPMs dropped down to 3k then shot back up to 4k...
  10. sullwe

CV joint going?

Here recently I have notice that when I'm backing out of my parking spot I start to get this click sound, but it only happens when I first drive the car in the morning. I have just put 50,000 miles on the car and would think the CV joint would last longer than this. I don't know if its the CV...
  11. sullwe

Miro 279

Anyone have problems with these bending, cracked pain, etc?
  12. sullwe

Dented Door

Hey guys, dented the edge of my door the other day at a car wash vacuum station. How much would it be to fix it/ get it replaced?
  13. sullwe

Which adjustment knob?

I need to get a new adjustmetn knob for my koni's but which one do I need? The one with or without the bottom extension? http://www.koni-na.com/apparel.cfm?level=1&category=K
  14. sullwe

P0601 Error

Hey guys, I got the CEL/EPC light on. Scanned it with the VAGCOM and got the code P0601 Check Sum error. I have had APR stage 1 with the fully loaded ECU deal for about a year now, but what exactly is the Check Sum error? My car is still under warranty so should I talk to APR and get it...
  15. sullwe

replacing suspension

do i really need to get an install kit? gonna do springs and shocks.
  16. sullwe

VMR 710 looking wheels

I want to find wheels that look like the 710s but I don't want 18"s any suggestions??
  17. sullwe

WTB: 17x8 OZ ultraleggeras in black

Can't seem to find these anywhere with the matte black option. Tirerack sells them in black but only 18" and up. Any offers?
  18. sullwe

bigger clutch pedal?

anyone know of a bigger pedal? got long legs and my left leg keeps hitting the steering column when shifting.
  19. sullwe

what springs with koni yellows?

looking for experience, thoughts, etc.
  20. sullwe

what to get

got some money in the bank, don't know what to get? downpipe (EJ or APR) suspension (koni yellows, don't know what springs) EJ PCV, open fogs LED Tails i know, only two have to do with the engine. really want to drop it though, which would require the bushings and stuff. thoughts, suggestions?