GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. TheJakofallTrads

work shirts - boring thread

I've had good success with Charles Tyrwhitt Shirts. Similar cuts to Brooks Bros at a fraction of the cost. They wear pretty well too. You should give Lands' End Canvas a shot too, if you like LE clothing.
  2. TheJakofallTrads

High Quality Knives

What other knives have you been considering? I don't like Tantos for a few reasons, so I'm curious to hear how you use your knives.
  3. TheJakofallTrads

High Quality Knives

Spyderco has become my go-to knife manufacturer. Depending on blade length and your willingness to spend. Nothing beats the Paramilitary 2. I would also spend some time on here: http://edcforums.com/forums/knives.78/
  4. TheJakofallTrads

Homeowners?

You're killing me, bro. We pay $2885 for a 1bed/1bath. I really need to get out of NYC.
  5. TheJakofallTrads

FS: 2008.5 TSI GTI DSG 24K Miles

FS: 2008.5 TSI GTI DSG 25K Miles SOLD!
  6. TheJakofallTrads

First! (In A Bad Way)

Probably not the first, but I'm up there. I just got a call from Platinum VW that my turbo has failed, yay! I'd like to start by saying their service people are awesome, they gave me a loaner car before my car even got on the lift and the issue was diagnosed. The service techs and reps have been...
  7. TheJakofallTrads

FS: OEM Open Fog Grilles

SOLD.
  8. TheJakofallTrads

F/S Billy Boat DP - Front Section & New Gasket

For sale is the front section of my Billy Boat 304SS DP, the midpipe is on a friend's Stage 3 car, so this is just the front section. This will fit an FSI or TSI car. It's a slotted flange and will fit either car and motor. I have a new, never used gasket that will ship with the section. You...
  9. TheJakofallTrads

Resumé Help

There are a lot of people on here who have been very helpful in giving me some guidance with things other than cars. So I thought it's about time I give back a little. I work for a mid-sized, 5,000-10,000 employee, Finance/IT company. More importantly, I work in the Talent Acquisition/Talent...
  10. TheJakofallTrads

APR Stage 1 to Stage 2 and Back to Stage 1

When I first bought my 2008.5 CBFA TSI GTI in September of 2008, I decided I wasn't going to flash it, that lasted about 9000 miles, and when APR had their sale last March, I jumped on the opportunity and went Stage 1. The difference in power was almost night and day. The DSG shifted more...
  11. TheJakofallTrads

Movember

Good reason to grow a creepstache. http://us.movember.com/
  12. TheJakofallTrads

Plastic Hub Ring FUSED to Hub!

So I just picked up a flat on my way to work. Jack the car up (widowmaker, not happy about that) and remove the wheel. Find a nice 1" screw in the middle of my tread. Get the spare out, throw it on the studs and notice my hub ring is baked or fused to the hub, fucking plastic:thumbdown...
  13. TheJakofallTrads

None More Black, Bouncing Souls & Lifetime Shows

None More Black is playing a four show tour in the North East towards the end of August. This is just a heads up. If you don't know who NMB is, I pity you. I saw None More Black, the Loved Ones and Armalite in a church basement in Philly a few years ago and it was the best show I've ever seen...
  14. TheJakofallTrads

Camber?

I was just over on the Tex reading someone's DIY for front camber adjustment , :rolleyes: and came across this link... H2Sport - Sport Camber Mounts, Mk5 Golf/Jetta/Rabbit Discuss. Looks pretty interesting and a pretty decent price compared to the Kmacs.
  15. TheJakofallTrads

Autotech 25% Off Sale

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4402483
  16. TheJakofallTrads

Inline Air Restrictor Placement

Quick question. My AWE Boost gauge has always buzzed, I just got 2 of the inline restrictors from 42dd. Should I splice one close to the intake manifold or close to the actual gauge? I have 2 of the AWE supplied fuel filters already near the gauge itself, they're useless. I'm going to start with...
  17. TheJakofallTrads

Black Fish Bowl

I've had the wheels since the beginning of February, the tires since December, and the studs and nuts for a week. I finally got around to getting everything put together this weekend. Thanks to Dan GSR for the help and letting me leave my car at his place for the studs to cure over night...