GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Subsequent mechanical failures

Hi all, hoping I can get some insights. FSI, 2008 GTI. Here's the history: I recently had my thermostat replaced to solve a P2181 CEL and a temp gauge that never reached center. Everything looked good. CEL came back on, mechanic said there were two codes. They replaced the coolant temp sensor...
  2. D

Looking for a shop to replace thermostat (Chicago)

I'm looking for a good shop to replace my car's thermostat (P2181 CEL, GTI with FSI engine) I've been quoted $590 for parts/labor/tax which sounds a little steep to me but I haven't a clue. Is this a reasonable price? Can anyone recommend a good shop in the Chicago city area? Also, if anyone...
  3. D

FS APR/Carbonio Intake FSI

please delete FS APR/Carbonio Intake FSI delete thread please
  4. D

Tire only holds 30psi. Strange.

I've noticed that one of my tires loses pressure faster than the other three. What's strange is that the decrease in pressure continues until it's at ~30psi then it stops. I'll pump it back to 35psi, a week later, still 35psi. The next week, it's 32. A week later it's 30 and it'll stay there...
  5. D

Facebook Contest, Can you help please?

close thread. Contest is over. Got 2nd place!!! Not bad not bad. Win some, lose some. Thanks to everyone who helped :)
  6. D

F/S 1996 Isuzu Oasis/Honda Odyssey JDM extras

F/S 1996 Isuzu Oasis/Honda Odyssey w/ JDM extras A friend of mine is selling this 1996 Isuzu Oasis. The Oasis is simply a re-badged Honda Odyssey. It has 141k miles on it. I know it's a lot, but it's a Honda power-train so it'll last a thousand years. Besides the normal wear and lose edges...
  7. D

FS GTI stock tails (passenger side)

Both passenger side tail light pieces. Took these off a year ago and they've just been sitting around gathering dust. I'm in the downtown Chicago area. $35
  8. D

dubtechnik replica sideskirts & winter

I've heard that the dubtechnik sideskirts are made of a material that warps and contorts in the cold. Now I live in Chicago and it can get very very cold, anyone have any problems with the replica skirts?
  9. D

Feeler(pics) Textured UG lowers w/ slight damaged OSIR diffuser

please delete FS Textured UG rear w/ slight damaged OSIR diffuser delete thread please
  10. D

WTB stock lowers

SEARCH ENDED thanks for the response(s) though.
  11. D

Lowest Price for Thunder Bunny?

Looking for the Thunder Bunny rear, Performance Cafe has it for $800, I know the dealers will probably charge one million dollars. Anyone know of a cheaper place than performance cafe?
  12. D

Anyone a paint/stripe set-up like this?

Does anyone have these lines on your MKV's hood? I'm considering....
  13. D

WTB-GTI Rear lower bumper

Looking for either a rear lower bumper stock OR one painted United Gray for the MKV GTI. I will pay a good premium if it's painted. I have nothing to trade so only purchases please. Thanks
  14. D

Where to buy edition 30 bumper?

I've been looking for the edition 30 rear bumper but the only place that seems to have it is tmtuning.com. I like their site very much but find it very strange that no one else has it. Other online options?
  15. D

WTB Edition 30 rear bumper or similar

Looking for an Edition 30 rear bumper or something that would seem equivalent, I have stock painted lowers and am looking to upgrade. *Not looking for trades
  16. D

Neuspeed or K&N intake?

Looking for an intake for my 2008 GTI. Debating between the Neuspeed p-flow or the K&N Typhoon. Neuspeed is a good buck cheaper but that whistling sound is terrible in my opinion and I have no interest in harming the ears of the dogs in the neighborhood. The K&N sounds reliable esp. with all...
  17. D

WTB Single Denver

I'm in need of a single denver 17" rim, I don't need the tire or anything but if you have it, more the better. Thanks
  18. D

EuroCollision

Has anyone gone to Eurocollision to have body work or painting done? 2232 S Wabash Ave Chicago, IL 60616-2110 (312) 225-0222 Most likely am going to have my lowers painted there, just wondering if there was any feedback on here.
  19. D

Stainless steel exhaust tips from VW???

http://www.cmgestore.com/vw08/SKUDetailsVW08F1K71910U.ASP Are these any different than the stock tips, besides being stainless steel? Says rabbit's with valence will need these so are they longer? I feel this is a stupid question but I can't seem to find an answer.
  20. D

VW Exor Rims

Anyone have any pictures of the EXOR rim on a GTi?