GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 09SemperGTI

Found this funny

I'm not a fan of the whole "If you're not rubbin' you're not dubbin'" ideal, so these two threads on top of one another made me laugh pretty hard. [img=http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7366/ahahab.jpg] Edit: I'm retarded and can't make the [img] tags work. Enjoy the link. Sorry.
  2. 09SemperGTI

Quick Audi question

I'm having a debate, at the moment, and I want to confirm what I know is true: The Audi A3 DOES have the same engine, and DSG transmission as the GTI's, correct? The only difference being that the Audi weighs a bit more. Friend of mine is trying to tell me that my GTI would lose to his Audi A3...
  3. 09SemperGTI

GTI vs 9-3 Aero

So I was going down the highway, towards home, and I see HIDs blinking in and out of traffic behind me. I slow down a bit (From 80. Long stretch of highway, rarely any cops), and this nice, black 9-3 Aero gets in the opposite lane. I move over so we're side by side, and I hear him downshift...
  4. 09SemperGTI

Road Trip!

Alright, so the lady and I have decided to go on a road trip. We're going to take the GTI, and do a trip down historic Route 66, and stay on it as much as possible, all the way from Missouri to Arizona. There, we will detour, and head on in to Vegas. This is our summer vacation for the two of...
  5. 09SemperGTI

Dedication -

Alright. I got this tattoo a while back, and I've been meaning to post it on here. I am a huge automobile person. I am so much in to GP and F1 that I lost a job over it a while back. (Went and saw the opening race of the 2007 season, didn't bother to contact work), and these tattoo's represent...
  6. 09SemperGTI

350Z or GTI

The topic is pretty self explanatory. I have a friend who has driven my GTI, and she loves it. However, she is also a fan of the 350Z. She wants a real drivers car, that isn't bad on gas, and these were my two reccomendations. She doesn't mind FWD vs RWD in the least. But she wants a drivers...
  7. 09SemperGTI

Bit of an issue..

Okay, I don't know if this should be in off-topic, but I feel it will get seen here.. I have a 78 Porsche 924. If any of you are fimiliar with them, they were designed by Porsche, as a VW product, and built by Audi. Plan fell through and Porsche made it the entry-level car. So as you can tell...
  8. 09SemperGTI

New GTI

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/02/paris-2008-2009-volkswagen-gti/ Here it is, guys. :) New grill, new interior (kind of), and dual-exhaust standard ftw.
  9. 09SemperGTI

Pimp ze Auto # 2

This is local rice I found around town, and I thought I should share. Def. some people VW should get ahold of. Prepare to laugh -
  10. 09SemperGTI

Mod time!

So I picked up my black GTI today, and I uh.. have the mod bug, to be honest. I already know I'm going with a stage 1 Revo tune to get me to 250hp. But after that, what do I need to do? Cold air intake, and do the Revo muffler they provide with Stage 2 do anything really? I'm also wanting to get...
  11. 09SemperGTI

Powder Coating stock Horse shoe rims?

Alright, guys. the GTI I'm buying has 18" Horseshoe rims on it. I'm wondering if anyone has powder-coated theirs black, or had them painted? Or if anyone has pics of this? All opinions are welcome, I'm a VW noob, but not a car noob. :P
  12. 09SemperGTI

Debating a new GTI..

Alright, guys. I'm debating trading in my 07 Monte Carlo SS (Big damn gas sucking V8 FWD no-personality car), on a 2008 or 2009 GTI. I'm going to test drive one tomorrow, but I was wondering if I could get some personal accounts from you fine folks. Is the VW community everything it's cracked up...