GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. darcness

So annoyed... (Module J706 Seat Occupancy Recognition - Fault)

I've about had it with my GTI for the time being. I've been troubleshooting all kinds of issues the past couple weeks and I'm so over it. First I had misfires at idle which I can't figure out. Then I was pulling wires through the passenger side and threw an airbag fault. After scanning...
  2. darcness

Misfire in 1 cylinder only, doesn't follow plugs or coil packs...

Ok so I finally managed to get a scan done on the car and I'm convinced I've got something going on with one cylinder only. I sat there at idle for about a half hour and watched and every single misfire I got was on cylinder 3. I changed the coil packs around and watched again. Same story...
  3. darcness

Singing the blues... (Euro Hangar 2013)

Here's a shot of my ride from Euro Hangar 2013 in Holland MI. I will add more pics of other cars as well as video soon as well. Didn't take home any of the top 15 trophies, hence my thread title. Then again there were some AMAZING cars there as you'll soon see.
  4. darcness

Inner Tie Rod Replacement (bad ball joint)

Has anyone had to replace their inner tie rods? I noticed the other day when putting my wheels on that my passenger side tie rod has play coming from the inside of the tie rod. I can move the wheel and whole tie rod is moving so I know it's coming from the steering rack side. From what I...
  5. darcness

WTB: Roof rack

Looking to get a roof rack for my car. Let me know what you got. They are $300 new on ECS tuning right now so keep that in mind for pricing. :thumbsup:
  6. darcness

Fault Code: Turbo Bypass Valve (Open Circuit)

Has anyone seen this code? I'm getting it on my Vag-Com scan and I'm not entirely sure what it is. I saw some other threads about it and it ranged from DV to PCV to wiring. I've got the new revision D DV and a BSH block off plate. I also did notice that there is a leak in the rubber hose...
  7. darcness

Camshaft timing - NEED HELP!!!

Ok so here's the rundown.... I recently started to notice a bit of a ticking noise coming from my engine, right near the HPFP. Decided it was time to check my cam follower, it was worn so I replaced it with a new one. Car still ticked and from what I could tell it was either coming from the...
  8. darcness

Know your roots...

Well I decided after seeing some older VW's with pretty sweet "old school" wheel setups I thought it was time to see if I could pull it off with my MKV. Originally I started with a set of steelies that were in good condition, balanced and with tires. I was going to go for a simple flat black...
  9. darcness

Ticking sound, lower driver side engine bay

I have a ticking coming from somewhere near my drivers side fender in the engine bay. I can only really hear it when I'm idling and nothing else is going on. Sounds almost like a metal on metal tick, but I can't seem to pinpoint where it's coming from. It doesn't seem to change time with...
  10. darcness

Baby blue wheels - matte or gloss clear?

If you guys were to paint a set of wheels baby blue would you do a matte clear coat finish or a gloss clear? I'm doing a set of wheels right now and I can't decide which I would like better. I think the matte clear would give it a different look, but wouldn't be as easy to keep clean or hold...
  11. darcness

WTB: WHEEL SPACERS!!! 30mm, 25mm or 20mm

Looking for some spacers. Ideally 30mm and 25mm but if you have a 20mm I would take that as well. Need two sets, staggered. So 30+25 or 25+20 preferably with bolts (ball seat). Looking to spend around $100 on the set (4) or a bit more if they are nicer ones like the DRA ones that bolt onto the...
  12. darcness

WTB: WHEEL SPACERS!!! 30mm, 25mm or 20mm

Looking for some spacers. Ideally 30mm and 25mm but if you have a 20mm I would take that as well. Need two sets, staggered. So 30+25 or 25+20 preferably with bolts (ball seat). Looking to spend around $100 on the set (4) or a bit more if they are nicer ones like the DRA ones that bolt onto the...
  13. darcness

FS: R32 tinted tails by Darcness CHEAP (see description, slight imperfections)

I've got another set, ready to go, medium/dark tint premium finish! FS/FT Item Most of you know the drill. I send you these tinted tails, you swap them with your OEM tails, and then you send your OEM tails back to me. This set has a couple imperfections so I'm letting them go on the cheap...
  14. darcness

Need stance/spacer advice for 16x6.5 ET50. Air ride suspension.

Ok I need some help from the fitment/stance gurus. I have a set of wheels that are 16" with an ET50 offset and they are 6.5" wide. I don't want too aggressive of a fitment and I want to keep my rear camber reasonable. I want to tuck rear tire as well when I'm aired all the way out. Front's I...
  15. darcness

FS: R32 tinted Tails by Darcness

I've got another set, ready to go, medium tint premium finish! FS/FT Item Most of you know the drill. I send you these tinted tails, you swap them with your OEM tails, and then you send your OEM tails back to me. Most of you know by now what you'll be getting with my tails. Excellent...
  16. darcness

FS: R32 style tinted tails (by darcness)

FS/FT Item Most of you know the drill. I send you these tinted tails, you swap them with your OEM tails, and then you send your OEM tails back to me. Most of you know by now what you'll be getting with my tails. Excellent quality tinted with VHT Niteshades and then clear coated with...
  17. darcness

WTB: Airlift Slam/XL fronts

I need a set of airlift fronts for my GTI. Looking for a decent deal, considering they are $595 on Bagriders with the coupon, I'm hoping I can get a little better deal than that for some used ones. I don't care if they are in perfect cosmetic condition, as long as they are mechanically sound...
  18. darcness

WTB: Airlift Slam/XL fronts

I need a set of airlift fronts for my GTI. Looking for a decent deal, considering they are $595 on Bagriders with the coupon, I'm hoping I can get a little better deal than that for some used ones. I don't care if they are in perfect cosmetic condition, as long as they are mechanically sound...
  19. darcness

Jetta SportWagon TDI parts - brakes, OEM suspension, control arms

Hey guys I know there aren't many JSW guys here but I figured I'd offer up what I have for sale and see if I can get rid of some of this stuff. I've had it laying around since doing a full suspension and brake refresh on my friends TDI JSW. Some of it is the same as the GTI setup, but the...