GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. BartekPL219

Borg Warner K03

Anybody running this turbo? I need to replace mine. I would go K04 and all that, but it's not the money I want to spend anymore. https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_V--2.0T/Engine/Turbocharger/ES281228/ Any fitment issues? I would opt to go with this one over the stock VW K03...
  2. BartekPL219

Stage 1 BSH Pcv Blockoff For Sale

For sale: Stage 1 BSH PCV Blockoff, brand new never used. Asking for $70, or best offer. I am willing to meet somewhere to make the sale. Pickup only, Chicago-land area.
  3. BartekPL219

Can anybody reccomend a fix to stop this noise?

Hey all, Can someone tell me what to do to stop this noise? (See video). Car sat in garage from January-June. Just this last week, I got around to taking her out (08 GTI DSG), and first thing I noticed was weird noises coming from brakes. I ended up taking off front rotors and pads and...
  4. BartekPL219

can too much highway driving be bad for your car?

Hey guys, Quick question. Is too much highway driving bad for your car? I know city driving (bumper to bumper) is the worst, but can the same be said about constant highway driving? I recently started at a university, and because of their class availability I have to drive there 4 times a...
  5. BartekPL219

maf resistance

What should a normal functioning mass airflow sensor resistance reading be? I checked the resistance on mine between pins 2 and 3 and got a reading of 694 ohms. I think somewhere on golfmk6 i read that anything below 800 is a bad sensor? Im not too sure on that. Anybody?
  6. BartekPL219

surging after hitting puddle of water

Hey everyone, Yesterday night I was driving home on a rather very suburban part of Northern Illinois (Barrington area on Northwest Highway) (There was some flooding in the area earlier in the day because of heavy rains) when out of nowhere before I even realized it a giant puddle of water came...
  7. BartekPL219

Help me out here fellow dubbers, bsh pcv plate won't sit flush on valve cover??

Hi all, Just last week I had replaced my valve cover gasket because I had a suspicion that it was leaking. That install went fine. During that install, I took off the pcv plate (I have the BSH street catch can setup) to also replace that pcv gasket ( the one with the 2 circles and 2 squares)...
  8. BartekPL219

i think my valve cover gasket is blown?

It's burning more oil than usual, and I have been noticing oil seeping out of that general area by the oil cap. My question is, when installing a new gasket, do I need to use the sealant on it, or would dabbing oil on it be sufficient? I found a good diy on myfastgti for it...
  9. BartekPL219

hawk ceramics with oem rotors?

Just ordered and received (thank u ecs!!) my order of hawk ceramics and oem rotors all around. My car is an 08 with 40k miles, and the rears are almost completely gone, while the fronts are in decent shape, but I figured I'll do all. Anyone have this setup, and how do you like it? First time...
  10. BartekPL219

fixed my hesitation issue

Lately my car has been having hesitation issues. Especially last week on my way to work, there is a slight hill I have go up on to get to work. Going up the hill, out of nowhere the car started jerking, hesitating, and surging. I pressed down more on the gas pedal, but nothing happened, wtf...
  11. BartekPL219

ECS

I ordered a couple parts on Thursday morning (January 31) and they got here today around 3 pm (Saturday February 2) Very Nice!:thumbup:
  12. BartekPL219

anyone who likes solidworks?

Well for my final project I decided to draw my forge valve and spacer! Just thought I'd share.:biggrin:
  13. BartekPL219

car sounded like lawnmower during cold startup?

Hey guys, Something happened this morning which in a way really freaked me out. I left my car parked in my backyard overnight ( i usually park in the garage but my father was re-arranging some things). When I went to start it this morning, when I turned the key, cranking time was longer than...
  14. BartekPL219

which fuel filter?

I'm looking into replacing my fuel filter. The one that came with the car is the one that says UFI on it, but on ECS there's also that VW one. If the VW one is the oem one, how come the one that came on the car is the one that says UFI on it:iono:. And which one should i get in this case?
  15. BartekPL219

whats the difference..

What is the difference between a "coil over kit" and a "cup kit"? I'm planning to lower my car on coils this upcoming summer, but looking online right now i also see those "cup kits", which look like the same thing as a coil over kit?? My car is a daily driver, i don't do autox or any of that...
  16. BartekPL219

Just got my motor mounts installed!!!

Just got back from the shop who installed my motor mounts. All i gotta say is wow; amazing. The car feels so much better. Vibrations aren't as bad as I thought they would be, and the gas pedal feels really crisp. So for all you people who are debating whether or not to get them; do IT!! It's...
  17. BartekPL219

trying to find a replacement true seal intake air filter

hey guys; im looking to buy a new replacement bsh true seal intake air filter cone; but i cant find one anywhere. i checked nam, redline, ecs, dbc, and even the bsh website. why can't i find it anywhere? discontiniued? i have a 2008 gti FSI
  18. BartekPL219

intercooler cleaning?

what can you clean an intercooler with? i have the bsh fmic and after this winter it has some hard spots on it. can you use aluminum cleaner? i already tried scrubbing it with soap and water but it didn't help much
  19. BartekPL219

going back to dealer soon for dsg issues need some insight

Well, soon I have to go back to the dealer (again!). I had my mechatronic replaced about a month ago; and since that day the car's been shifting worse than it did with the old mechatronic! At most red lights when i release the brake fully the car stands there for about a second, then lurches...
  20. BartekPL219

ecs

really fast shipping :thumbsup: