GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. N

New AVIC D3 Install...Qs

Have a couple of questions about my install.... D3X Sirius (SirPnr2) CARPI adapter AI dash kit Powered Ant adapter So judging by what I have, I should be good to go on the install What power source do I hook into with the BT adapter and the SIRIUS tuner? I want to either install them behind...
  2. N

Where to buy a D3 and get the rebate? And some other questions

Hey guys, I am going to be purchasing the AVIC D3 but the rebate does not allow for best buy, circuit city, etc. Where do I buy this thing at and get the $200 rebate at? Also, is the Dietz solution up and running yet? I really don't want to lose all my steering wheel controls I have a VAG-COM...
  3. N

FS: GIAC Switcher 125 shipped

SOLD! 1 GIAC Flashloader Switcher ready to go.... Brand new basically, Sat in my garage the entire time I had the chip. I used it last week to set me car back to stock.... Updated:
  4. N

FS: 2006 GTI 6spd Pkg 0 Hufs $16750 Idaho

2006 GTI Pkg 0 Hufiesens 6spd 20020 Miles GIAC X+ and switcher (Set to stock right now) Euro Lip Euro Springs ESE Color Match Sidemarkers The sooner someone buys it, the sooner they get everything, I am slowly setting it back to stock. Bought Brand new in Germany (diplomatic sales) US Spec...
  5. N

Invoice cost of the 08s

Trading in my 06 for an 08 soon...looking to see what the invoice cost is of them...Anyone got a build sheet done up? I know binky had one, but thats not invoice....
  6. N

vs 06 Civic SI

I just moved here from Germany and found out that there are two guys here who are into the FWD class as well. One owns an SI and the Other owns a Cobalt SS. The SI owner and I have talked about running before, so yesterday getting off of work was a prime opportunity to run'em. First off lets go...
  7. N

Nürburgring Run

Well...We are leaving tomorrow morning 0700 from the kaiserslautern area...let me know if you want to go and car pool... I know this is last minute...sorry... Dave
  8. N

GTI vs 335i test drive info

I have had my GTI since June and today I had the opportunity to drive a 335i. BMWs new premier sports coupe. Well, the car has alot of power and RWD....and some red leather seats. There were lots of nifty gadgets like fold out panels in the doors. A seat belt assister (motorized device that...
  9. N

My US spec GTI in Deutschland

here are some photos that a buddy of mine "airbornejet" took and some that i took I know it needs to be lowered, but if you had a choice between Lowered GTI and Euro Seats, I think you would choose the latter (only if you had plaid)..... Euro Lip color matched side markers UG + TR...
  10. N

First Track day

So I went to the Bitburg track this weekend and felt I did pretty well considering what I have been told. Now A little background about the track Old runway so it does not have the correct track compound. People have told me it is about .5 seconds slow compared to the 1/4 mile tracks in the...
  11. N

VS SEAT Cupra

So today while I was with my wife (who yells at me anytime I get remotley near 6K rpm) and her two brothers who are 18 and 16 and get all giddy when they feel the force of the GTI in their loins.... Well...me and this German guy are at a light and he has a United Grey SEAT. It looked pretty...
  12. N

Cutting the grill

Alright so I removed my GTI badge and I would like to remove the three clips. I always seem to mess stuff up when I cut so can someone please explain to me how to remove thos clips. I have a dremel but I do not want to Make it look like shit... Also If I do sand it off with a dremel how would i...
  13. N

My new Euro Plates

I picked these up today. The Tschüss is going on my wife's GLI when it gets here, and the Bahn Bred is going on my GTI (Picking up next week). It was either bahn bred or got bahn? and I chose it because my US spec GTI has never seen US shores... But it will...early next year
  14. N

Navi with portable unit

Hey All, after browsing some of the other navigation threads I noticed that either people did in dash or had an external unit. Well...I would like both. I was looking at the Alpine IVA-D310 head unit and the Alpine PMD-B100blackbird navigation/GPS. The Blackbird can hook up to the Head unit and...