GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. loccusst

OEM Sway Bar with adjustable links

Trying to set my adjustable front swaybar end links from Whiteline with my OEM swaybar and have a question. Everyone says the bar needs to be parallel with the frame/ground but it looks like if I do that the bar will be touching the control arms. Anyone have a pic of the OEM bar in its correct...
  2. loccusst

Rear tail light wires

Anyone know what repair wires I would need to replace the wires in the passenger rear outer tail light? If I could get a new plug that would be great as well.
  3. loccusst

Newton Iowa Speedway Sept 14th Track Day!

Newton Iowa Speedway Sept 14th Track Day! Uploaded with ImageShack.us I HAD to post up this track day. The club has some cars that would be amazing to drive or watch go around this road course. Ever wanted to run on the NASCAR speedway with your car so you can brag to your buddies? Want to...
  4. loccusst

Alternator?

Went out to my car this morning and it didn't want to start. New battery 12/11. Alternator tested 14.5v at the alternator. Battery tested 11V at the terminals and when testing with a DMM at positive terminal on battery and grounding point on chassis. Thinking that there could be an issue with...
  5. loccusst

Rear Defrost Switch Blinking

So my rear defrost switch is starting to act up or something is causing it to not work properly. When the car is started and I turn on the rear defrost I can hear the relay click up under the dash. Sometimes the click to turn on is a slower. While the rear defrost is activated I can hear it...
  6. loccusst

Sat Pinouts at Sat box

Can someone tell me what the pinouts are on the Canbus plug at the Sat box? I removed them a while ago and don't remember what goes where. I never removed the can bus just the line outs.
  7. loccusst

Bluetooth plus Aux/Sat

Does anyone know if there is a certain way to code the Bluetooth unit 1K0051473 for the premium 7 unit in a 2006.5 GTI when running Sat or Aux? i was originally running the Sat unit wires as an aux input since I don't use my XM module, but when I installed the Bluetooth it was showing line...
  8. loccusst

WTB: Rear bumper

The wife backed into something with my car so I need a UG rear bumper upper cover. If it's not UG and cheap enough then that would be fine to as I will just repaint it.
  9. loccusst

Offset question

I'm looking at a set of winter wheels that are cheap. The wheels are 16's with a 50ET. Will this offset work on the GTI or will I need spacers in order for them to clear the calipers?
  10. loccusst

Battling Cylinder 4 misfire

I have 76k miles on a 2006.5 GTI manual. I had the coil packs replaced around 50K under the tsb. The fuel filter was replaced around 60K and the cam follower around the same time. I just replaced the spark plugs and have swapped the coil packs between all of the cylinders but hasn't fixed the...
  11. loccusst

Head Swap

Has anyone on here swapped the FSI and TSI heads?
  12. loccusst

No steering controls = clock spring

So the only thing's not working are the buttons and the horn. The steering wheel buttons illuminate and the airbag light hasn't come on....yet. This just happened all of a sudden. Before I assume it's the clock spring is there anything other than fuses to check? I used my vag com and got the...
  13. loccusst

knocking noise under car

So I replaced the 2 sub frame bolts under the car that was recommended since I developed a knocking when changing directions. I used the bolts from ECS in their sub frame kit. I didn't use the complete kit because I couldn't get the damn spacers between the body and the sub frame. The knocking...
  14. loccusst

Intermittent Misfire

So here's the tale. I will every once in a while have the cel pop up and it's due to an intermittent misfire with cylinder 4. The coil packs were replaced at around 50k miles thanks to the TSB from VW. I swapped coil pack for #4 and #1 around but the issue is still there. I replaced the spark...
  15. loccusst

iPhone4 with factory radio

Did some searching and looking for the simplest not crazy expensive way to hook up the iPhone4 to the factory radio. Everything states iPod but it's a bit hard to find options for the iPhone4. Honestly the main thing I listen to is iHeart Radio so maybe just swapping out the sat radio with an...
  16. loccusst

Cold air blowing from glove box

Trying to figure out why my 2006 MKV GTI package 1 is blowing cold air in my glove box. The car is having a hard time getting warm. The rate changes with the fan motor level. Nothing changes when you select floor/defrost/face...still blows cold. It is blowing out of the manual cubby area. Any...
  17. loccusst

Antenna connection question

Which antenna wire is the best to use with an aftermarket radio? Does it matter which one you use? Getting poor reception lately and have tried both of the antenna wires. I have had the radio for a few years and some times the reception is not the best and has never been as good as the factory...
  18. loccusst

Creaking from rear

Got a creaking in the rear especially on an incline when getting in and out of the car sometimes. Running on stock shocks and Eibach springs. Kinda wonder if it's the bushings in the rear, maybe the sway bar, that needs to be replaced. Any thoughts? Is there anything to lube back there?
  19. loccusst

reprogramming remote with vag com

So one day the remote my wife uses just quit operating the car. The battery light flashes and I have replaced the battery, but nothing happens. I went in to reprogram the remote to my car but I cannot find an empty slot for the car to learn the remote. Can someone tell me what number is...
  20. loccusst

Stumble during downshift

So if I am cruising along and decide to shift down into a lower gear and floor it....the car stumbles like when the traction control kicks in for a split second. The motor makes the sputter sound and then takes off. I am thinking there is a misfire going on. I had the coil packs replaced under...