GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

(CT) FS/FT: Dodge Charger/Magnum RT Wheels/Tires/Adapters/Hardware

3/23 Price Drop: $500 FIRM I posted these for sale a couple months back, but decided to try and sell the car with the wheels, as they complimented it well. The car has since sold, and the new buyer was uninterested in the wheels, so they're back up for sale, as they no longer fit on anything I...
  2. M

FS: (CT) 2008.5 GTI 6sp UGM, Package 1, 4 door

I'm going to be blunt, the phrase “stance makes her dance” is true. I stanced so hard that I managed to make a girl dance into a relationship, and now since we're both older I have to start growing up, thus I must sell my stancemobile and acquire a building that could be used to live inside so...
  3. M

(TSI) Cold Hesitation/Misfire No Codes

Problem Resolved! Torn coupler was the culprit! Thanks to all who chimed in I really dislike posting a problem if I don't have to. I'd rather not inconvenience everyone else with my misfortune, lol, but sometimes its inevitable. I have a 2008.5 GTI (early TSI), 90k on the clock. The car is...
  4. M

FS: CT BSH TSI Catch Can

Not sure this is the right section, but I didn't see a classified section for engine parts. Oh well lol.. I am removing a couple things from my GTI to sell before listing the car for sale. This is one of them. It was bought brand new in 2011, and the car has seen about 10k miles since then...
  5. M

production date mystery!

so i was removing my front sway bar last night, nothing outrageous, and in doing so i noticed a production date on the bottom of one of the sway bar brackets. here's a pic for reference... 11/08, so november 2008 correct? i purchased my car in june of 2008. my car has never seen the...
  6. M

WTB rear lower spring seat/control arm

this is such a long shot as it is not a regularly replaced or upgraded piece, but i'm looking for a set of rear lower control arms / lower spring seats. i'm in the process of designing a custom set for my rear bag set up that allows some adjustability without hitting the inside of the spring...
  7. M

Air Ride Problems!!!

So i have 2 problems, bear with me because i'm not one to ask for help but i'm so frustrated i need to explain these in full to get some of this frustration out ha. i just finished my install of the Air Lift Slam-Kit and here are my current issues post-install. 1) i have a HORRIBLY obnoxious...
  8. M

FK front coilover inserts?

i've been having some difficulty finding much advice about FK inserts. was able to find a couple by searching off of the site but no real definite answers as to where to find them. if anyone could point me in the right direction that'd be great!
  9. M

Forge Spacer Blowing Oil

i've had my forge DV spacer on for a good 25k by now on my TSI, and everytime i get under there i have a nasty mist of oil on everything directly underneath the valve (axle, subframe, steering rack, turbo lines, etc.) and i'm not too sure if this is common? maybe i installed it wrong, though it...
  10. M

disappearing coolant!

well i had an interesting light pop up on the dash that i kind of ignored, thought it was oil because it happened the day i did my oil change and was down a quart or so, so i thought nothing of it, as it went off later that night. it since came back on and DEMANDED i stop the car for low...
  11. M

WTB: mk3 parts car, CT

kind of a long shot, but i'll be in the market very shortly for a mk3 ABA (2.slow) donor car for a swap into my mk2. very few requirements just looking for a beat (rusty or totalled within reason) mk3 2.0 with a 5-speed. i'm located in central CT but willing to drive! thanks guys.
  12. M

WTB wheels + tires in CT

i'm sure many of you have been in this same boat... when you have no money, you see hella deals on everything, but as soon as you have some money to throw around, you can't seem to find a damn thing at a good price that you like! well, basically i have $1000 to spend, can go a little over if...
  13. M

overboosting?

i have an 08 6 speed TSI. stock downpipe, custom hidden catback, lowered, forge DV spacer, custom intake, and boost guage. the tsi is supposed to boost like 9-10psi i was told which is about right, i'll boost to usually right in between 9 and 10 except every once in a while it will boost more...
  14. M

newsouth boost gauge WTF?!

so i installed a gift that the nice UPS man left me on christmas eve, did everything as instructed (and i NEVER read instructions lol) and followed the DIY on it, which turns out is identical to the instructions and i'm having a problem... it reads boost and vac just fine but the lighting in the...
  15. M

megan racing coilovers

does anyone on here have megan racing coilovers. on my s13 pretty much all of the megan suspension stuff was really good for the price but how low exactly do they go on the mkv and are they of decent quality? the megan prices are shooting up quick so it makes me think they're probably pretty...
  16. M

first oil change question

so i'm coming up on my first 5,000 miles on my mkv gti and its telling me to go in for service for the first oil change, which i'm clearly NOT going to do lol. i'm by no means the kind of person that would ever, EVER pay someone to change my oil. i'm like super overprotective of my own car and...