GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. UMassJ77

2006 GTI 73,000 miles also just had Cam replace ......BUT

Here is the story: I'm at 73,000 miles and I wasn't getting any power between 1000-3000 rpm. And everytime I rev around 3000rpm the check engine light started flashing. So brought in. And dealer replace cam/cam follower an new fuel pump. Not sure if thy replace both cam. But I got the car...
  2. UMassJ77

Throttle Body Replacement??? (LONG)

Has anyone had to have their Throttle body replaced by VW? I brought my car into the dealership to have them take a look at the EVAP leak I was having and why my car felt like it was going to Stall in 1st and REVERSE. I talked to my service guy and I said do whatever you need to UNDER...
  3. UMassJ77

2dr GTI owners....Broken seat!!

So this weekend i somehow broke my passenger seat. I was trying to let my friend in the car...and I dunno what happened but i SNAPPED the plastic holder that holds the CABLE in place. The cable i am talking about is the one that is attached to the top of the seat to recline the seat forward...
  4. UMassJ77

WARNING...DSG owners w/REVO

I just had my 40K DSG service performed!!! and the dealer had to REMOVE my battery to get the service done...and by doing so...my REVO software resetted to 0-0-0 and the car drives like SHIT....and I don't have the SPS to change the settings back!!! So right now my car is not boosting...i am...
  5. UMassJ77

GAS CAP loose ICON on dash!!!

OK for the longest time people have said that if the GAS cap is LOOSE that a MIL/CEL would be THROWN!!! NOT TRUE Today while driving i get this funnly ICON i never seen before on my dash, while stuck at a red light i pull out my manual and it is the "Properly tighten Gas Cap" ICON...but NO...
  6. UMassJ77

Replaced Coil Packs ver. A to ver. D

I decided that i was sick of getting misfires and some rough idle, so today i went and purchased the most recent revised Coli Packs from VW...the install took about 15minutes and WOW what a difference!! like night and day..the car just feels so much smoother and quieter now. I had the...
  7. UMassJ77

Was bored...so add some details to Interior..take a LOOK!

Hi everyone, so awhile back i saw someone had added some detail vinyl tape to their interior to help accent it and make it stand out. Well i was bored today..so I went out to AutoZone and purchased some Black and Red Detailing strips and decided to add some details to the interior TRIM PIECES...
  8. UMassJ77

Free FIRST ACT GUITAR....Read for more info

Hey so i am sure some of us have received this qrt's issue of Drivergear/Driver Magazine...well enclosed is a coupon for a free FIRST ACT GUITAR to anybody who has Purchased or Leased a NEW VW after 6/1/07!! Basically I am suppose to give this to someone intereseted in getting into a NEW VW and...