GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Bunnspeed

FS in MA: Koni Coilovers in need of a rebuild $175

FS as-is with everything you see here. I bought these used for $400 but never installed them on my car because 1 damper was blown. A move and my GTI getting totaled means I need to get these gone. $175 seems more than fair if you can pick these up in Jamaica Plain or Watertown.
  2. Bunnspeed

B6 passat wagon thoughts

K, so as many of you know my gti was totaled and I'm looking into replacement options. I'm tossing around the idea of getting a B6 passat wagon, preferably with a TSI. The plan would be to do a budget build: coilovers, wheels, F23T or K04 setup. Any idea what that could run in the quarter mile...
  3. Bunnspeed

Buyout cost of a totaled 2008 gti?

I crashed my 2008 GTI the other day and it might be totaled. Waiting to hear back from the insurance company. In any case, as some of you know, the Bunnspeed GTI has a ton of bolt-ons including K04 with all the fixins and it was in great shape aside from high mileage (144k miles on the odo)...
  4. Bunnspeed

The Official Unofficial Solve My K04/ F23T Misfires Q&A Thread

The purpose of this thread is to provide a forum for those of us who went with a K04 or F23T and experienced misfires/ cuts as a result, to troubleshoot those problems. If you have had misfires/ cuts and fixed them, please post your specific symptoms and your path to fixing those problems so...
  5. Bunnspeed

Real world K04/F23T drag strip roll call

There are already a few ancient drag strip results threads out there, but I thought I'd revive the topic now that there are new tunes on the market and the F23T is starting to breathe new life into the MKV scene. Please include basic info like what tune you're on, whether you are DSG or...
  6. Bunnspeed

Round 2: R32 in-tank pump redo. Got it bolted up, started, cut out on me, won't start

So some of you may have been following my R32 in-tank pump upgrade thread. The original lock ring and hammer and screwdriver method ended up giving me a massive fuel leak. I went back over the job today with a new lock ring and the proper lock ring installation tool, and I seem to have sealed...
  7. Bunnspeed

R32 in-tank pump into GTI: Ankle grabbing fiasco

I've been trying to install a MKV R32 fuel pump into my 2008 GTI (meant as an upgrade to support my new K04+ tune) and running into all sorts of problems with the installation. So far the fuel lines on the pump have been a total bitch to deal with.I had to cut the retaining ring to be able to...
  8. Bunnspeed

Could someone take a picture of how the blower motor fits, poar favoar?

Hey bros and bro-ettes, got a favor to ask of you. Could someone run outside and take a picture of how their blower motor is oriented? It's like 20*F where I live and I'm having trouble fitting my replacement blower motor in my car. Space is tight; hands are numb. To see your blower motor, all...
  9. Bunnspeed

How long do our alternators last? Any way to log the alternator's output?

I'm at 137k and my less than a year old battery was dead after about 45 min keyed-on but with the engine off. My intermittent wipers were on, my phone was charging, and one heated seat was on. I was surprised that that was all it took to render my car un-startable, especially given the fact I do...
  10. Bunnspeed

My turn for PCV questions re: factory revisions, better sealing, etc.

So I haz the BSH blockoff plate. What I don't like about it is the incredibly sharp edges and the tight fit of nozzle-nipply thing on the right side of the blockoff plate made it impossible for me to put the factory corrugated hose onto it without damaging the O-rings. Plus my weird clip on the...
  11. Bunnspeed

F25T coming out. Might want to hold off on your F23T purchase. Post info here.

Ok so I don't know much about the F25T aside from the fact that I just heard about it today on Facebook, and since there doesn't seem to be a thread about it, perhaps people can post update info and, eventually, firsthand results, here. From what little I've heard, it will spool more slowly...
  12. Bunnspeed

Affordable plug and play lpfp options for K04 FSI

I'm thinking my 134k mile stock lpfp may be a weak link in my GIAC-tuned K04. Seems like I get momentary fuel cutouts occasionally when gently driving around town. Worse, I get what feels like soft fuel cuts at WOT when I run at the drag strip. I haven't 100% concluded it's a lpfp issue, but I...
  13. Bunnspeed

Continental Extreme Contact DW vs. Hankook Ventus EVO V12 fitment questions

I currently have Hankook Ventus EVO V12s, sized 225/40/18 and I'm strongly considering Conti Extreme Contact DWs in the same size, since they get rave reviews and cost the same on teh Rack...but only for the 225s....the 215/40 DWs cost $20 more per tire. Has anyone had experience with both the...
  14. Bunnspeed

So I switched from APR to GIAC K04 tunes...

The saga continues: Bunnspeed's K04 thread. APR, GIAC and maybe DM K04+ content I just got back from my epic road trip from Boston to PA to Jersey and back to Boston in one weekend. I went to AWE Tuning's GIAC "Flashdrive" sales event. Keep in mind that I haven't had the tune for much more than...
  15. Bunnspeed

Help me find info on VAGCOM "high powered fwd" traction settings

I found my VAGCOM cable and I'm looking to do some coding. A while back I read a thread talking about adjusting traction settings via VAGCOM to mitigate tq steer and put the power down better with modified cars. I've done some searching but I can't locate the thread that talked about it. A...
  16. Bunnspeed

Tell me about GIAC, Unitronic, or REVO K04 trial tunes written over APR tuning

As many of you know, I've spent the last year suffering through debilitating but intermittent misfire issues with my APR-tuned K04 setup. While I don't want to blame APR (yet), I've spent a lot of money and time teasing out all sorts of variables and driving a car that runs like shit more often...
  17. Bunnspeed

Combatting Moisture or Excessive Ethanol in the Gas Tank Suggestions?

I have a few questions about this since local fuel quality seems to be very inconsistent and my car runs better on some tanks and misfires like a bitch on others. I'm wondering if moisture in the tank or ethanol buildup are a factor in my misfiring. 1. Is there any way to test the ethanol...
  18. Bunnspeed

Quiet muffler for a Stage 2 CC? Question for a non-forum car buddy

I have a good friend with a Stage 2 VW CC. Current mods are APR tune and catted downpipe, and a Carbonio intake. His car is quick but very quiet. Most of the time he wants to keep it that way, but he would like a new muffler/axle back section that has a little more "bite" at idle and WOT but...
  19. Bunnspeed

FS, pickup/ meetup only in MA: VMR V710s $375

SOLD I have a set of (4) Hyper Silver 18 x 8.5 ET45 VMR V710s for sale. (3) are pretty presentable but with some minor curbage and stone chips. (1) has significant curbage on the edge and halfway up the wheel, thanks to my dad running it up against the worlds tallest curb. The wheel...