GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

new shiftboot

Just wanted to share a couple of things I bought from redlinegoods.com. Quality on both pieces are top notch: **Shifter stalk is a little over 1.5 inches shorter than stock.
  2. M

DMF Rattle Sound Clip

bNBvnHlUkmY This was recorded using an Iphone. The placement is on top of the garage floor and underneath the car by the transmission (near the front left tire). Due to the quality, I recommend using earphones and following along the text queues on the video. Pertinent mods are: BSH Full...
  3. M

BSH Full Mount Sound clip

Relevant mods to the video:BSH billet transmission, engine and pendulum mounts. BSH DV Relocation kit with Evoms VFlow Intake. Sound clip was taken during "normal" acceleration from a stop: OYRcQDM3gK8 I bought the kit knowing that it would greatly reduce engine movement/slop during shifts...
  4. M

MKV Rabbit mini review

A couple of years ago when I bought my GTI, I didn't even consider the Rabbit and so I never test drove it. Recently a family member bought a used, 06, 5 speed, bone stock, 2 door Rabbit and I finally got to drive it and in short, I must say I like it! At first I didn't expect much but the one...
  5. M

The only pic of my cah

Not much to look at but I don't think I've ever posted a pic of my gti:
  6. M

Moly Grease

Most everyone recommends the use of "moly grease" on the cam follower change job but no one really recommends a specific brand or where to buy it from. In addition, I would like to know if the moly grease is used just on the face of the cam follower or the inside also. Logic would point me to...
  7. M

Crickets in my engine? :iono:

Crickets/squeek squeek squeek is what I would use to best describe the sound I hear coming from my GTI engine bay in the morning. I took this recording this morning of the noise. Please have a listen and let me know what you think it is. http://www.toofiles.com/en/oip/audios/aiff/noise.html...
  8. M

Trust Dealerships for Oil Change

Just kidding. I finally did my own oil change at 15k after having gone to the dealership for the previous times and found this lovely site: Its not a big deal but sloppy nonetheless. They forgot to put the cap back on the filter and stuck it on some random nook :thumbdown:
  9. M

Tamiya GTI kit

Just finished painting the kit, check it out: Updated: OLD
  10. M

FYI: ECS Tuning ECS/OEM Breather Update Kit ES#8209

Just an FYI for all of you who have bought this kit and wondered the same question I emailed below to esales@ecstuning.com: Hello, I recieved the "ECS/OEM Breather Update Kit" for the MKV GTI 2007 and as listed on your site, it comes with: OEM Upgraded Regulator Valve (" E" Version) Gasket...