GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. ahuang1983

My car is being written off

So icbc just gave me the news today about my car. Anyone with experience know what I should be looking for or prepare for? I feel kinda down because I actually loved this car. It has been reliable and problems free since the day I drove it off the lot :(
  2. ahuang1983

Got in an accident

Hey guys, I got in an accident today. My gti looks pretty messed up :( Is there any collision shop you guys can recommend in greater vancouver area? Thanks
  3. ahuang1983

car maintenance question

Hey guys, I gave my dealer a call and I just found out i missed my maintenance for more than 2 month. Regency VW didnt even stamp my maintenance date last time or give me a call. They quoted me 400+ for the maintenance, and they said this isnt the dsg one. But is one of the two big maintenance...
  4. ahuang1983

Oem tail light alternative

Has anyone here got these? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-09-VW-RABBIT-GTI-MKV-R32-LED-TAIL-LIGHTS-RED-SMOKE-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZModelQ3aGTIQQhashZitem5adbcc3ba5QQitemZ390234651557QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories I thought it actually look pretty good for none oem. What i...
  5. ahuang1983

FS: Stock GTI Catback & Stock GTI Suspension

FS: 2008 Stock GTI Catback Exhaust -29k km / 18k miles -Removed by PG Performance -$120 CAD obo FS: 2008 Stock GTI Suspension -22k km / 13k miles -Removed by Shift Autosport -$80 CAD obo Local Preferred, will email picture if interested :)
  6. ahuang1983

Catback installation

Hey guys, Got quoted around $145 at shift Autosport for catback install. I heard it was pretty easy to job to do catback, as long as you have tools and lift. Do you guys think I should just buy the tools and get a friend to help out? Or do it professionally. The tools will add to the same...
  7. ahuang1983

Ghl exhaust

Hello guys, I just recieved my ghl exhaust system last night. I was wondering, what is suppose to come inside? All I got was the exhaust, but no instruction no nothing. How does the lifetime warrenty work if there were no serial number. Please help, I am worried if I made the wrong choice and...
  8. ahuang1983

+1 Berk @ DBC

I know many people already know how good Berk is, but i just want to thank him again. This is the first time for me to order from DBC, and the service was top notch:thumbsup: I asked so many questions in my email, and the reply was within 30 min. The price is awesome and shipping speed is so...
  9. ahuang1983

ZmaxAutoSport ++1

I just got my item from zmax today. They were really helpful and easy to deal with. The shipping was free and arrived in only 4 days:thumbsup: Definetly buying from them again!!
  10. ahuang1983

Is this fuel cut problem?

Hello guys, Recently i noticed something really strange about my car. When i drive up in a very steep hill, my engine power seems to cut out. This only happens when i am low on gas (around 100km left in tank). But that is the way i go to work everyday, and it never happened to me before even if...
  11. ahuang1983

New led tail from zmax

I was checking out zmaxautosport and saw these new items. Has anyone seen these before http://www.zmaxautosport.com/hqeuledtalus.html http://www.zmaxautosport.com/hqeuledtalib.html the price ain't too bad. :)
  12. ahuang1983

stupid new dent

I got a big dent a while ago, then realize i got dented again on the passenger side... WTF man!!!! I dont even know if i should get repaired now, cause what if i get dented again after that. Whats wrong with people nowaday!!!
  13. ahuang1983

brake light bulbs

Hey, I bought some replacement bulbs for my tail light today. I manage to get the housing to open but the bulbs are secured by this 2 plastic tab. How do i pull it out? just yank it hard or am i suppose to press something? Thanks
  14. ahuang1983

Rear Tail light bulb questions

Hello, I did try using the search feature first but nothing came up :( My question is, how do i replace the rear light bulb? I know how to replace the inner rear hatch light, but the ones toward the outer side there is a housing covering it. Does anyone know if vw warranty will cover it? If...
  15. ahuang1983

removing the wheel

Hey guys, i followed the exact instruction on the manual on how to remove tire, but i used all my strength and it wont budge at all. I am worried that i will break the bolt or the metal bar thing it came with. Any tip or advice will be awesome! Thanks
  16. ahuang1983

ECS Tuning = Good stuff

I just ordered from ECS today. All i gotta say is they are awesome!!! They were helpful on the part i need, and they ship right away with no hassle!! Thanks ECS!
  17. ahuang1983

Spacer questions

Hi, I have a 18inch huff, and I am thinking to get a 10mm - 12mm spacer in the rear. Do i need bolts for it? On the H&R DR series, it says do not use on rear with hub contour higher than 14mm. Yet it said mostly use on oem wheels. Lastly, it seems pretty easy to DIY but i never done it before...
  18. ahuang1983

Shift Autosport

Hey guys, Any of you went to Shift Motorsport before?? Richard @ Shift was pretty helpful to someone who doesn't know anything about suspension. So i decided not to buy from states but just do it locally. Can't wait to get it installed!!:thumbsup:
  19. ahuang1983

whats with clarkdale motorsport??

Ugh.. i been calling them for a week. Are they really that busy??? Every time i called, i get transferred to either the wrong department or no one is available. I even send a email but i got no reply. A lot of people seem to refer me to that shop, but at this rate i don't really wanna bother...
  20. ahuang1983

Any good shop for installing coilovers

Hello, Does anyone know if there are any good shop that is not too expensive to install coilovers? I was going to drive to the states and get it installed while i pick up my coilover, but the store quoted me $456USD plus additional 9.5% tax. Seems a bit high eh?? Thanks