GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Cadbury

FSI Carbon Cleaning Tool

Was looking over options to clean the intake valves and came across 3D printed tools. I couldn't find a model, only places to buy them, so I drew 1 in Fusion: Plus, its 2020, people should have the option to print it themselves: Model You can have Shapeways print them for around $20. -Cad
  2. Cadbury

FSI HPFP Roller Conversion / Follower Failure

So it happened, the dreaded follower failure. I checked the follower in December, it still had a slight chamfer at edge. I planned on swapping it in the next couple months, but it didn't last 2000 kms. No new sound, no odd noise, no CEL. This isn't a DIY, as there are plenty of good articles...
  3. Cadbury

Custom Water/Methanol Controller

The problem I was never really pleased with the progressive controllers out there. Either you were spraying too much or not enough. The more advanced controllers out there were way to expensive so I made my own. MAF based controller would need to be adjusted as the termperature changes and would...
  4. Cadbury

DIY Switchable Stage 1-2 BSH PCV Fix

Many of you may have seen my DIY that converts a stage 1 PCV fix into a stage 2, if you haven’t here is the link: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83761 Over the winter it froze and I had to go back to the stock setup. This year I upgraded the hoses and fittings to a 1/2” ID and...
  5. Cadbury

Perfect for colder climates

I just posted a DIY for the installation of the Aux heater that comes with TDI's into a GTI. Every Canadian needs to have this installed :) http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113468 -Cad
  6. Cadbury

DIY PTC (Auxiliary) Heater Install

TDI’s are notorious for having very poor heat output, especially in colder climates. VW finally did something about this and MKV TDI Jettas have an auxiliary 1000W electric heater installed just after the normal heater core inside the heating system. Gas powered vehicles like the GTI don’t have...
  7. Cadbury

Winnipeg Vag-Com/Revo Select Plus Service

Just a heads up to my fellow Winnipeggers that I have a Micro-Can Vag-Com. So if want any settings changed, data logging, codes cleared/read, etc etc I can help. I also have a Revo Select Plus so if anybody wants their Revo settings changed I can help you with that too. Speed Factor charges $15...
  8. Cadbury

FS: Forge Spacer FMDVFSiT

Forge non adjustable spacer FMDVFSiT. Asking $60 OBO, plus shipping. -Cad
  9. Cadbury

Berk@DBC

I ordered some Hawk brake pads a few weeks ago. Unfortunately USPS lost the shipment :( One email to Berk and he decided send another set via FedEx at no extra charge :) Awesome service! -Cad
  10. Cadbury

DIY Devils Own Stage 2 Install

This DIY is over 30 pages long so I won't post the whole thing here. Here is a link to a PDF version of the DIY: PDF Here is the first section of that PDF: After considering all the WM kits I decided on the DO Stage 2 kit. The Snow performance was 2nd place but in the end I decided on MAP...
  11. Cadbury

DIY Another Radar Decector Install

DIY Another Radar Detector Install Tools needed: 10mm socket with ratchet Soldering iron (optional) 1x repair wires (000 979 021) Electrical tape 1x 10 amp Fuse A PDF of this DIY can be found here: http://members.shaw.ca/cadbury/Radar.pdf This is where I decided to mount the detector. Step...
  12. Cadbury

DIY Convert BSH PCV fix Stage 1 to Stage 2

I wanted to get the BSH stage 2 system but I wanted to use my own catch can. After pricing everything out I figured I could convert a stage 1 kit into stage 2 for about $100 less than buying the stage 2 from BSH. :smile: A PDF of this DIY can be found here...
  13. Cadbury

PG Performance

I was talking with Phil from BSH a few days ago to see if there were any Canadian distributors for BSH products and he told me that PG Performance sells their full line! The products aren't on their website but if you call ask for Paul JR. or you can email him directly at...
  14. Cadbury

Graph making for us lazy people

I had some spare time today so I made an Excel macro to streamline the graph making process. It is similar to Arin's program however you do not need to add files to your Windows directory and it should work with all Windows OS's. All you need is Excel 2003 and Higher. Older versions may work...
  15. Cadbury

Idle problem after a race.

A few days ago I was on the highway racing a buddy in an SRT-4. The car went into limp mode and I heard a loud pop behind me. My buddy said he saw flames come out of my exhaust then I started to slow down. The CEL came on immediately and after a few seconds the car seemed to return to normal...
  16. Cadbury

Ethanol and Timing

In my city premium is 91 octane except for a few gas stations that have premium with 10% ethanol which is 94 octane. Ethanol has less power than gas by about %25 and many people report less MPG and performance when they use ethanol. I was wondering if you would have more performance using the...
  17. Cadbury

WTB: Revo Select Plus

I'm looking for a Revo Select Plus. Please let me know if you have one for sale.