GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

Steering wheel questions

Does anyone know of a possible way to keep the mfd controls while running an aftermarket steering wheel? I absolutely hate the factory steering wheel in my gti, and I’m not a big fan of the mk6/7 wheels although they are much better than the mk5 wheel. My car is frequently driven on the track...
  2. J

Boost issues

I don’t think it’s the valve cuz I put the stock one back in and it’s the same results. I’ll check the carbon buildup in a little while here.
  3. J

Boost issues

I have a 2007 GTI with the 2.0t Fsi motor. I bought the car a little over a year ago now from a Volkswagen dealer for dirt cheap cause it was having some problems. Long story short, it ran perfect after about $300 worth of work. It made about 12psi of boost completely stock. Over the winter I...
  4. J

Fuel issues

The sensor I replaced was literally called the “fuel injection pressure sensor” haha. It’s on the side of the hpfp aiming towards the passenger side. I’ll check the codes when i get home from work and see what it says.
  5. J

Fuel issues

The other day I was on a little road trip to a place about 3 hours from home. The car did great almost all the way there but about 10 minutes from the destination it broke up when I got into boost. I let off and hit boost again and it seemed fine. Had the car parked there for about 6 hours then...
  6. J

High idle

I have a question for someone more knowledgeable than myself. This is my first mk5, I bought it about 2 weeks ago for very cheap cause it has some issues. I’ve done new coil packs and plugs, but that’s about all. The idle is funky, if I have my ac on itll 9/10 times idle normal when I’m coming...