GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Read Your Manual

This story had me shaking my head having recently dealt with dealership mechanics who questioned why I'm bringing in my car for an oil change when it has a low amount of miles even though its been a year from the last one ("You do know that oil changes are every 10K right?") and then slap a...
  2. M

And there goes the Dodge Charger and Challenger.

https://www.autoweek.com/news/a1716476/fca-fined-77-million-missing-fuel-economy-requirements-report-says/ They will probably follow market trends and focus on cuv\suv EVs and phevs instead of trying to find away to integrate battery packs and motors on that old platform and investment in...
  3. M

And there goes the Dodge Charger and Challenger.

They certainly got their moneys worth out of that platform between fleet sales and retail. If I were in the market for a V8 car, Challenger would have been be the only one that I would ever consider since it was the only manual transmission V8 car that had a usable back seat. Camaro is...
  4. M

Acura to bring back Integra name in Spring 2022

The Civic based Integra is the replacement to the Civic based ILX which was the replacement for the Civic based RSX which was a replacement for the Civic based Integra. You got the Integra when you wanted a nicer place to sit. Honda\Acura simply decided to mess with the name a couple of times...
  5. M

Civic SI @ 28K or Acura Civic Si Type Integra Hatchback Edition @ 30K Integra
  6. M

Exactly. The current ILX is based on the prior gen Civic and was targeted as "baby premium sedan" in an era where baby premium buyers want CUV's or electric cars they can't afford. Convert ILX to current gen civic platform. Rebrand the ILX as Integra hoping to capitalize on name recognition. To...
  7. M

New 2022 Ford Maverick

Base model cheaper than a civic. More interior room than a Ranger. Small enough to park anywhere. The hybrid model at 21k is a steal for what it offers. It wont win any races or tow your motorhome but that's not the point. Generally unobtanium unless you like the specced out model on dealer lots.
  8. M

To DSG or not to DSG…?

The one thing I'm still cranky about IS hill assist. Don't like it one bit. Don't need it. Don't want it. Don't like it...and I live on a hill in a very hilly area. That being said, I get why others appreciate it.
  9. M

To DSG or not to DSG…?

On my pinky toe at the urinal when I tried to hand him a pamphlet about manual transmissions. I still shudder at the thought to this day.
  10. M

To DSG or not to DSG…?

Real talk. Prior daily driver is a unicorn. A 5spd manual 5th gen Camry. As soon as ANYONE found out, jaws dropped. People gathered around and they all stared in disbelief. Can confirm that panties dropped while I drove that car and now I have 2 kids. I still have the car. I let the wife peek...
  11. M

To DSG or not to DSG…?

True story. Happened yesterday. Came across some guy driving a red early 90's RHD 6th gen Celica in excellent condition Gave him a thumbs up. Someone put in a some time and effort to import a JDM... This is 100% true. Happened in Suffolk County, NY around Islip airport around late afternoon...
  12. M

To DSG or not to DSG…?

Why did the guy on the left keep his wide stance when the other guy parked next to him. Now their feet are touching. I couldn't read the text in the meme... Couldn't get over the two guys playing footsie at the urinal. The more I look at it, it seems like the guy on the left aiming right for...
  13. M

To DSG or not to DSG…?

This is a simple question of Manual vs Automatic As I'm firmly in camp manual, I'm obligated to provide a smart ass post. Tossing health issues aside, it usually comes down to what you want out of driving. Do you want to make sure you beat the soccer mom in her SUV from stop light to stop...