GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

weird suspension noise sounds like a bag of wrenches

I felt that the front was a little busy and I firmed the front struts 1 turn from full soft (approx. 50% stiff I believe) which was as easy as turning a knob on top of the struts. The adjustment is for rebound so it counterintuitively calmed down the front and made the car more planted and...
  2. T

The shop charged me $2400 to do new brakes (pads and rotors) and install springs and struts and alignment. This was like a gut punch when they told me lol. Of course the car is old and is apparently a rust bucket so they had to cut or drill out many bolts that were frozen even after the usual...
  3. T

got brakes done, now brake pedal travel is long

I was a complete idiot and left my car sitting too long over the winter with a bad starter motor and the brakes got rusty and tons of vibration. I just replaced it all with Meyle rotors and Akebono front and Jurid rear ceramic pads (it was tough to find stuff in stock at ECS) and the shop...
  4. T

Just got back with the new setup and the ride is very nice! Ride height is about the same as before with worn springs/shocks, gap looks fine to me but I don't usually slam my car. It is just as comfy if not more so than stock. I need a little more time but on the 15min drive home it felt taut...
  5. T

spring broke! Ordered new shocks and struts went with Koni Yellow and H&R OE Sport springs.
  6. T

i asked them to look into it and they didn't find anything, but at that point the noise was more intermittent.
  7. T

Rough Idle…This has happened like 3 times with my 2008 already

i vote for carbon build up. I had a rough idle, check engine lights, and misfires and swore I was in for it - bad injectors, coils, the worst possible problem, etc... it was literally just carbon build up I couldn't believe it.
  8. T

I didn't drive my GTI (2008, 130k mi) much over the last year working from home and i can't remember if there was a noise developing, but the front shocks prob need a refresh. but there has been a strange and concerning noise in the front passenger side over small and large potholes that sounds...
  9. T

2008 GTI won't start, engine doesn't try to crank

I ended up just taking this to a local euro shop and it was just a bad starter motor - good news.
  10. T

thanks I will take a look, i own the vagcom rosstech cable. I manually turned off TPMS because my one set of wheels have no sensors.
  11. T

no it doesn't show immobilizer symptoms. In my research, I am hoping the ignition stopped recognizing they key, or the starter motor is bad (some say the wiring corroded to the point of no current getting to the motor). My driveway is very sloped so tough to work on a dead car, might need to...
  12. T

I have a Vagcom. Here is the scan: VIN: WVWEV71K38W236165 License Plate: Chassis Type: 1K (1K0) Scan: 01 03 08 09 0F 15 16 17 19 1C 25 42 44 46 52 55 56 65 VIN: WVWEV71K38W236165 Mileage: 207240km-128772miles 01-Engine -- Status: Malfunction 0010 03-ABS Brakes -- Status: OK 0000...
  13. T

With first one key then all keys - When I turn the key I get normal accessory mode (no error lights) but no sounds or actions from the engine. No trying to turn over or anything. First one key seemed to stop working (again, everything else works - I can lock/unlock and put into Accessory mode)...