GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

What is the best OEM cam follower?

I think I found it - https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-volkswagen-fuel-pump-cam-follower-oes-genuine-06d109309c
  2. A

What is the best OEM cam follower?

I remember last time I replaced it, I was on a time crunch so I had to spend $70 at the AutoZone to get it same day. Now that I have time I want to get one of the cheaper OEM ones online. I remember a forum a while back (probably 2020 or so) that mentioned one on their own website (not...
  3. A

How to do the math on OBD11 boost?

Thank you for writing this out, it makes more sense now and I understand how you get the final boost values now. Does approx 5PSI after the math fall within stock boost then? I am unsure of the MK5 FSI ranges as most of the forums I've read talk about the MK6.
  4. A

How to do the math on OBD11 boost?

I have an 07 FSI that I got at 123k miles. It already had an exhaust and cold air intake, but I wasn't sure if a previous owner put a stage 1 on it or not. I just went for a drive measuring the specified and actual boost, with the top end being 1330 mbar or 19.1 PSI. The reason I ask this is I...
  5. A

A potential fix to those with key fob issues

Recently I had my own problem of this sort where after my battery died (left the car at home for 2wks while traveling and forgot to unplug my OBDEleven) and upon recharging the thing my key fob was extremely spotty. Sometimes the light would come on and sometimes it wouldn't, having to hold it...
  6. A

Budget HPFP for an 07 FSI?

I have a Hitachi on it now and I don't seem to be having any issues with it (not sure how new, the previous owner probably did it). I'll look into those upgrade kits, thanks
  7. A

Budget HPFP for an 07 FSI?

I was looking at doing Unitronics Stage 2 HPFP tune or sticking with a stage 1 from APR/Uni. I have all the required parts aside from the HPFP and the Downpipe. I know I can get the eBay downpipes at a slightly lesser quality but I'm a bit stumped on the HPFP's. All of the ones from APR or...
  8. A

Questions regarding spacers/lugs

The cheaper the better honestly 🤷‍♂️ no point in overpaying for a piece of aluminum that makes my wheels wider $2.50 a bolt seems insane, I was able to find non-name brand ones for about a buck a bolt which seemed a bit more reasonable. Only got the rear wheel spacers at the moment, so in the...
  9. A

It's quite a bit cheaper for me to buy 20x 45mm bolts than 10x 40 and 10x 45, so doing 45 all around would work technically? Even if it looked a little weird in the front. Thanks for the info!
  10. A

2007 GTI Doors won't lock with fob

I'm beginning to think it might be as well, I will check out the HM guide on youtube, thank you for that recommendation. What's bizarre now is that my driver's side locks with the key manually, and the two right-side doors lock with the key fob, but the rear left won't lock unless I do it...
  11. A

I tried the first one with no luck. My OBDEleven comes tomorrow so I will try that and will replace battery, thank you!
  12. A

I want to do a 12 & 15mm spacer kit on my 07 GTI and have had trouble finding info regarding the sizes/dimensions everything needs to be. If I do 2 different sizes, do I need 2 different lengths of lug bolts? (in this case 40 & 45mm I believe, correct me if I am wrong, I have the stock 18" rims)...
  13. A

I'm not sure as I recently got the car, how would I check if it is, and if not how would I activate it?
  14. A

The key doesn't lock any of the doors, so would it be all 4 actuators?
  15. A

I doubt it would be an actuator issue if the inside button works to lock the door, no? Seems like an issue between the fob and door control.
  16. A

Having an issue with my 07 GTI. When I get out of the car and lock it I can hear the faint noise of locking, but it doesn't actually lock and the lights don't go on indicating so. All the key does is engage the Alarm System, so I can still open the door but the alarm goes off. The only way I...