GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Caymanjp

Only power to cylinder 2 injector

Hi there. Yes with the swapped ECU the symptoms are identical
  2. Caymanjp

Only power to cylinder 2 injector

Hey everyone. Chasing a 3 cylinder misfire on my BPY GTI. I've replaced all misfire related components such as: fuel pump, pcv valve, fuel injectors, coil packs, spark plugs, ECU, fuel filter, MAF etc. Compression is 180-190 on all cylinders. Pulled the coils and they seem to have strong spark...
  3. Caymanjp

Not just your regular misfire thread, save me from the parts lottery!

Hi everyone. I have an 08 Manual FSI GTI I took my car to my local shop about 2 months ago because my car suddenly developed a really bad misfire on all cylinders. We started with plugs and coils which made no change, we followed with a new set of injectors which once again did not fix my...
  4. Caymanjp

Multiple cylinder misfire, electrical problem?

Has been resolved with a new high pressure fuel pump
  5. Caymanjp

Multiple cylinder misfire, electrical problem?

Hey everyone, so my MK5 GTI is in the shop right now. I had a leaky injector on cylinder 3, one day the car broke down on me and was misfiring terribly where before it was an occasional misfire. I had the car taken to the shop and the injectors have been replaced along with a carbon cleaning and...
  6. Caymanjp

Constant fouling of plug on cylinder 3

That is my next step, would my compression be worse if it was piston rings compared to valve seals? Wondering how I can pinpoint one issue and eliminate another. Thanks for the reply
  7. Caymanjp

Thank you very much for the detailed post, I appreciate you taking the time to type it out. Yes the coils are Original VW, I bought a spare set not too long ago just incase I ran into coil pack issues. The plug in the image is in fact cheaper Autolite plugs I purchased from the parts store since...
  8. Caymanjp

Hey everyone recently my GTI has been misfiring terribly. I replaced the coil packs and no change whatsoever, I am getting a cylinder 3 misfire fault. I see cylinder 3's plug is fouled with black wet looking deposits, other plugs look normal. I changed the plug but it's fouled again. Recently...
  9. Caymanjp

Fuel Rail Pressure woes

Hi everyone. I have a 2008 Golf GTI with about 90000 miles, I started having really bad stuttering as well as a loud chirping sort of noise under medium-heavy load, I am getting a misfire code for cylinder 2 but scanner does show some misfires on other cylinders too, changed plugs and switched...
  10. Caymanjp

Brand new starter motor, spinning but no cranking

I believed it to be new when I purchased it online but I guess I could be mistaken
  11. Caymanjp

Brand new starter motor, spinning but no cranking

Hi everyone. I just purchased a new starter motor for my GTI. OE Bosch to be exact. I installed it and got the motor to crank perfectly the first time, however subsequently the starter just spins now and does not crank the motor. However it will actually crank every 3/4th attempt. Did I miss...
  12. Caymanjp

Alternatives to stock air filter/engine cover.

@ROH ECHT Thanks for the response, i spoke to a friend of mine who suggested in-line air filters. I found some on various sites but nothing specific to the mk5 and didn't want to mess with trims. Was curious if anyone had any experience with these? Thanks for the info, sounds like I'm going...
  13. Caymanjp

Alternatives to stock air filter/engine cover.

Hi everyone. I just wanted to find out what people have in terms of filters/replacements for the stock airbox/engine cover on a mk5 gti. I have an APR carbonio intake and ideally would like to keep it because I have a few carbon pieces under the hood. But I cannot stand constantly having to...
  14. Caymanjp

Another day, another overboost code. Dealer has been no help

Hello fellow MkVers. Well my GTI is overboosting again. P0234 code thrown along with limp mode if i gently accelerate to 3000RPM. However if I accelerate hard I get through the rev range. I do however notice either a blowing/sucking noise that kind of sounds like a vacuum that dissappears...
  15. Caymanjp

Please help, STILL overboost condition when lifting.

To anyone that is following this post I got my car back from VW. The issue was that the intake was full of Carbon build up and airflow was constricted. Goodbye overboost! On to the next code haha! Thanks for everyones input
  16. Caymanjp

MK5 stutter, smells of gas from exhaust.

Good Morning everyone. I've been having issues with my golf. Had a overboost which is now gone. But now I have really bad gas consumption, a really strong smell of gas coming from the exhaust and a hard stutter in-between 3-4k rpm. I have the following codes: +870 (Camshaft Position Sensor B...
  17. Caymanjp

Yes, guess that will be the easiest to get the problem resolved
  18. Caymanjp

I have a new N75 valve on the way and hoping it'll fix the issue otherwise no doubt a trip to the dealer will be in order! Plus the video I recorder is on my phone I just broke today. Just another thing on the list haha. Will update I guess when I have installed the N75 valve
  19. Caymanjp

Unfortunately I’m unable to post videos here for some reason, only images and documents
  20. Caymanjp

Unfortunately don’t have either of those yet. That’s the big issue, was hoping someone has encountered this issue before.