GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

Please explain spark plug gap vs. tune

I have seen it mentioned several times that it is recommended to reduce the spark plug gap from stock .032 to .028 to eliminate or reduce misfires on a stage 1 or 2 tune. I understand the theory behind spark plug gapping, but what I'm not understanding is what about a software modification...
  2. B

Seeking advice: Quality coilovers with a moderate drop

I know, I know, not another "Which suspension should I get?" thread... Please bear with me, I've done a lot of reading but still have some questions. I'm looking to buy a coilover suspension, not into stance or trying to go super low though, my main goals are a moderate drop (no tucking) and as...
  3. B

Mystery circlip found after oil change

I changed my oil last night and when cleaning up I found a circlip in the drain pan and have no idea where it came from. It's too large to have come out of the drain plug hole, but possibly could have come from the filter housing that the canister threads into (not really sure what's supposed to...
  4. B

#$%& CV joint... Any tips?

I'm trying to remove the outer CV joint from my driver side axle and I'm stuck. I've got The axle in a bench vise and I've tried knocking it off with a hammer and block of wood, also tried wailing on it directly with a rubber mallet. I searched and found a post saying to slide a small socket...
  5. B

Replacing wheel bearings: OEM or aftermarket?

I'm planning to replace my wheel bearings/hubs soon, does anyone have any thoughts on or experience with aftermarket brands? A quick look on ECS shows that they offer several brands at roughly half the price of the OEM parts. Is it worth the savings or am I "better off safe than sorry" dropping...