GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. TSMILEY

Rough Start

When was the last time the engine had a decarb service? Are there any codes stored?
  2. TSMILEY

MKV GTI KO4 - Fuel Pressure Question

It's all about priorities! HAHA That's the same grille I'm running in my GTi. I love the look compared to the stock honeycomb. I also got the Euro fog light covers and center lower grille to complete the look.
  3. TSMILEY

DSG Tune Comparison Help

Thank you both @ROH ECHT and @GIACUser for this insight. I will just continue to drive in M as D makes me fear of bent rods. So, since I drive in M mode, and will continue to do so, would you say a DSG tune would still be of benefit to me? I seems that most of the DSG tunes do see to make...
  4. TSMILEY

DSG Tune Comparison Help

I have tried "S" mode. It just shifts too high in the RPMs for driving around town. I definitely prefer "M" over "S". So I wonder if even with a DSG tune, I might still enjoy "M" the most, but with the added benefit of increased torque limit, and increased shift speed and clutch clamping...
  5. TSMILEY

DSG Tune Comparison Help

Hey guys, so I am looking to get a DSG tune for my car in the not to distant future. Has anyone here gotten a DSG tune for their vehicle, and how do you feel about it? My car is APR K04. I'm looking forward to what you all have to say! **EDIT** I figured maybe I should add a little info for...
  6. TSMILEY

NEVERMIND...I can't part with this car.

Hmmmmm, I had never really considered a LSD. I think your suggestion, along with some good sticky tires, that really should take care of my traction issues. Thank you!
  7. TSMILEY

Thank you. I apparently was having a momentary brain lapse. This car is just so much fun to drive! And I can relate, this is the first car I've kept longer than 4 years. I am seriously considering a AWD swap from a first gen A3 2.0T Quattro. Looks like a pretty straight forward job.
  8. TSMILEY

USPS hit and run

As has been said before, call your insurance company and file a claim. That is what you pay them for. Let their attorneys handle the postal service. Did you file a police report? If not, do it. It could help, especially with the evidence you say your have of the accident.
  9. TSMILEY

Nevermind
  10. TSMILEY

How are your motors holding up to high mileage?

My '08 GTi is currently at 140k. I installed APR KO4 at approx. 120k. DSG transmission was replaced under warranty extension at 95k.
  11. TSMILEY

Camshaft chain tensioner. 2006 GLI has an FSI engine.
  12. TSMILEY

My old 2006 GLI had 370,111 miles on all original engine, trans, and even original turbo when the camshaft tensioner failed and destroyed the engine. It only used 2 quarts between 5k oil changes. The head had never been off that car. I put a used, 60k engine in it, and sold the car to get my...
  13. TSMILEY

2007 GTI won’t rev over 3k *Fixed*

Maybe it's just me, but that cam follower looks like it has some nasty score marks in it that would make me suspect the camshaft. I know when I check my CF, it's smoooooooth with an even, circular wear pattern.
  14. TSMILEY

'08 GTi FSI K04 Breaking up high RPM under load

Oh, and I forgot to include in my last post above, this morning I backed off the wastegate preload 1/2 turn. I haven't logged it since doing this, but I will soon.
  15. TSMILEY

@GIACUser , It has been a rather balmy 95ish degrees each day I have logged, rather high humidity. And I am running an OEM Audi S3 intercooler. Thank you! I wouldn't have made this progress with the brilliant minds in this group. I sincerely appreciate everyone who has had a hand in helping...
  16. TSMILEY

That is exactly what I was thinking. One more turn it is! Thank you, Sir!
  17. TSMILEY

Ran my logs. It appears to still be overboosting and pulling time from 4640 until 6560. Iam going to back off the wastegate one more turn tomorrow morning. This log appears to have had a glitch or something...
  18. TSMILEY

@ROH ECHT , actually, when I made my last logs, I actually could hear my DV flutter at times, so it all makes sense. I made the wastegate adjustment this morning (3 turns) and took the car for a drive. Once warmed up, I went full throttle. Man, it feels soooo much better! Boost on the gauge...
  19. TSMILEY

@ROH ECHT , I forwarded these data results to my contact at APR this morning as well as posting them here. He is definitely seeing what I am seeing where whenever boost is overshooting target, timing is being pulled to compensate. He also agreed with adjusting the wastegate and provided me...