GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Whiterabbitwhiterabbit

Full Hatch Pop DIY..

Shaking the bones out of this thread for a moment, -using OBDELEVEN (sorry) -middle button is intermittent (holding it down until it rapid blinks) -switch under driver door handle works (For now; we’ll see how much longer the soldier holds up on the left boot rear hatch harness) -I saw...
  2. Whiterabbitwhiterabbit

Driver’s seat

SOS! I removed seat to access CECM without pulling a hammy and this part fell off somewhere while putting it back in. Please help!!
  3. Whiterabbitwhiterabbit

Rear Hatch Power

Hi all- Like many others, I’ve found itself on this thread several times the past few years and also just like others who’ve posted here just got used to climbing into the back to release by hand.. I have pulled the backside of the hatch off more than once, you have to be very sharp with...
  4. Whiterabbitwhiterabbit

Knocking/chatter sound low revs

That seems very strange. Did you figure it out? How full is/ was your gas tank? ☺️
  5. Whiterabbitwhiterabbit

Finally minimized transmission whine!

Sorry for the very very response, this was a costly mistake on my behalf, the 300LS was immediately drained and replaced with MT-90. Thanks so much @vwengineer
  6. Whiterabbitwhiterabbit

Faulty Sunroof, no longer opens or closes

did you try resetting the switch? Once you have made sure that it is manually closed all the way push the arrow only and hold for a few seconds. And once it does go, use white lithium grease on the weatherstrip seals. Get the tube. Not aresol.
  7. Whiterabbitwhiterabbit

Introductions thread (Part 2)

Hi my name is Matthew, most friends here usually just call me Matt. I live south of Austin, TX but went to school in Boston, MA where most friends called me MATTY. I have had trucks pretty much my whole life, I always really loved VW’s, so in 2019 I bought an mkV in San Antonio with 154,000...
  8. Whiterabbitwhiterabbit

Low end whine

Here’s another. Driving down hill then reviving then backing up then going forward then walking around with hood popped.Horrid noise
  9. Whiterabbitwhiterabbit

Low end whine

Hi all, I’ve not been driving this in the last year, I run it on a back road about once per month, the car was hit but did not impact this low end whine with rpms cominv from engine bay. My thoughts are pulley tensioner, or bearings in harmonic balancer(?) doesn’t affect drivability but it just...
  10. Whiterabbitwhiterabbit

Finally minimized transmission whine!

I read multiple reviews on multiple sites about how the MOTUL 300 LS is 100% synthetic and can be used both gear boxes and transmissions. I added one Liqui Moly 50 mL tube of MoS2 additive before the 2.25 L of Motul 300LS as I questioned my decision to get the *LS* - limited slip as well as...
  11. Whiterabbitwhiterabbit

Manual Transmission Fluid Change

More than one mechanic has recommended using a thicker weight to ail my grind into second gear from first and third. Any thoughts on the full synthetic Motul 75W-140?
  12. Whiterabbitwhiterabbit

HID headlamps

The three sets of D2S probably worked to begin with, the retainer clips were broken from previous owner. Upon further inspection I noticed electrical tape and even duct tape had been previously applied as well, then learned that the passenger headlamp ECM melted, process of elimination by...
  13. Whiterabbitwhiterabbit

2007 MKV GTI 2.0T IDLING TOO RICH

I did scan! Thank you for the responses. Going back to the last thing I did — adding too much coolant, I assumed was causing the engine to overheat itself on purpose to expel extra fluid but alas, the scanner takes the prize. Codes ( beginning with the letter P -0 ) 171 139 507 and, later...
  14. Whiterabbitwhiterabbit

Replacing Fuel Filter--Getting DAMN clips off?!?!?!?!

Following this thread and at 171K in 07 gti Fahrenheit, the vw emblem is on the fuel filter which leads me to believe maybe it was changed once.. the connectors have bonded around the lips on the main (middle) send and there is also some sort of breather line (?) so now my issue is that I...
  15. Whiterabbitwhiterabbit

2007 MKV GTI 2.0T IDLING TOO RICH

Hi all, My gti is idling high at 2100-2500rpms (I know!) then down to 1000-1200 then back and forth. I’ve read that it could be the pcv valve, a coil pack, or a vacuum leak somewhere. It doesn’t miss when it’s in gear and I’m not losing a significant amount of power It is a stock 2007 gti...