GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Dingah

As-new Owned from new 2008 MkV GTi

Owned since new. Built to order with all extras. Immaculate showroom condition. Purchased with all the extras - full leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenons, tinted windows, heated seats, DSG, factory tow-bar, sunroof, premium SATNAV and radio. Fastidiously maintained, full log book throughout wife's car...
  2. Dingah

For Sale 2008 MkV GTi

Owned since new. Built to order with all extras. Immaculate showroom condition. Purchased with all the extras - full leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenons, tinted windows, heated seats, DSG, factory tow-bar, sunroof, premium SATNAV and radio. Fastidiously maintained, full log book throughout wife's car...
  3. Dingah

New Toy for Dingah's Garage

Yesterday placed a deposit on a nice new Audi SQ5 to replace Mrs Dingah's Golf 2.0 TDi.:thumbup: Delivery estimated as end of August this year - should be fun as it appears to perform like a nuclear power plant with wheels.:laughabove: Dingah
  4. Dingah

Dingah's reNEWed GTi

My much loved GTi is currently in the hands of the great folk at the Belconnen VW Centre. Although a MkV it only has 19000 on the clock and is currently running APR Stage 1. Having just spent 3 years in the USA she has been virtually idle whilst I slowly accumulated some goodies for our return...
  5. Dingah

SATNAV Firmware question

Hi folks - now back from an extended time in the USA and it's good to be home and re-united with the cars. In trying to get everything up-to-date I have just purchased a new Wgereis Version 18 for the RNS510. It all works fine but I wonder if there are other features like speed zones and red...
  6. Dingah

Brake Pads

Whilst here in the US I am slowly sourcing some replacement tyre, suspension and braking bits and pieces to bring home for both my 2008 MkV GTI and my wife's 2005 Mk V 2.0 TDI Sportline. Amongst the acquisitions are replacement brake pads - I am purchasing some sets of Hawk HPS+ pads but am...
  7. Dingah

GTI 15K Service Canberra

Nice to pass on some good news in amongst some of the silliness that appears from time to time. Prior to heading overseas in a couple of weeks I asked Lennocks VW in Canberra to conduct a 15k service on the GTI - booked it over the phone and was quoted their book price of $395. Received an SMS...
  8. Dingah

Oooops - fingers!

A word or two of advice for the unwary. Having cycled and raced for the better part of 50 years I have accidently shoved the odd finger or two into the front spokes of various bikes - recall the old days when un-indexed five speed shifters used to be on the down tube, very adjacent to all the...
  9. Dingah

DSG Re-set in Sydney

Dear forum VAG-COMers. Is there anyone in Sydney who is capable of undertaking a DSG re-set routine using VAG-COM? I am coming up to Sydney next weekend for the Top Gear show and was originally planning to undertake this with funny but I am currently unable to raise him on this forum. Will be...
  10. Dingah

Good Value?

An associate of mine is seriously considering the purchase of a 2006 R32 with 83k on the clock. The current asking price is $40k drive away with 12 months rego and it is in darn good condition. Being a GTI and not R32 person, can the R32 fraternity please indicate if this appears to be a...
  11. Dingah

The Phantom Passenger!

:lol: Mrs Dingah arrives home tonight in her Golf "the thing keeps binging at me" she says, looking a little distressed as she parks in the garage. I take a look at all of the warning lights, MFD etc - nothing. She unloads the shopping from the car and I take the ddddiesel for ddddash and...
  12. Dingah

Factory Bluetooth for GTI

Dropped off the cute one at Lennock VW this morning to (at last) have the "proper" factory Bluetooth system installed and integrated. Grant advised that it is evidently being deisgned/manufactured by Nokia. Will report further this evening once I have had an oportunity to collect and test...
  13. Dingah

New Bike Rack

Well as promised, here's a quick appraisal of the bike transport system I finally selected for the GTI. It is a Thule Euroway 945, priced at $399. It appears to be very robust, well manufactured and benefits from some smart, innovative but robust engineering. It took in total about 20 minutes...
  14. Dingah

7500km Service - Good news!

:happyanim: Just for a change a good story:biggrin: . Booked the cute one in through Grant at Lennocks VW Canberra for an oil and filter change. :yikes: Just collected: :happyanim: Oil and filter changed. :thumbsup: Wheels rotated and pressures at 36psi all round. :thumbsup: Removed and...
  15. Dingah

Bike Transport suggestions

It's Sunday and am on best behaviour :wub: , though still trying to get the jester piss off my shoes :barf: ; I have a query I'd like to put to the Team Oz Golf Forum folk. Having got over yesterday's stirrings and meltdowns :yikes: I would like to ask the advice of our community - whether...
  16. Dingah

Not so Expensive Photo

Flabbergasted to receive a letter this evening from the Australian Federal Police stating that having considered a formal representation that I made in relation to my recent speeding offence the infringement notice, points and fine have all been withdrawn. :happyanim: The basis of my...
  17. Dingah

Expensive Photo

Hmmm...... have just received a pleasant note from the authorities that my photo was evidently taken :yikes: shortly after we set off for our trip to Merimbula a couple of weks ago at cost of $223:thumbdown: !! My beloved clean licence has at last been tarnished and I am now a common...
  18. Dingah

New GTI - 3 month assessment

After 3 months of ownership an opportunity arose to take the ‘cute one’ :wub: for a trip down to Merimbula from Canberra which includes some of the greatest ‘touring’ roads around – Snowy Mountains Highway, Brown Mountain and the rolling hills through Bega - an opportunity to take it for a bit...
  19. Dingah

Fuel Soot index

Having run my GTI on Ultimate for its first couple of months I recently switched to Caltex 98 (thanks to a Woolies 20 cents off a litre voucher) and have found the exhaust tips to be far, far cleaner with almost no sooty residue.:happyanim: It seems that Optimax (aka Optisoot) appears to be the...
  20. Dingah

Two-Man Canberra GTG Prologue

Unable to join the planned Canberra GTG tomorrow, James and I arranged to have a two-man GTG for a couple of hours this afternoon. In summary it’s hard to have more fun with your trousers still on! We headed off down the Cotter Road to Tidbinbilla, car swapped and drove back with a couple of...