GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. jpun15

clutch pedal vibration

Started to feel some vibration on the clutch pedal upon engaging 1st/reverse. Car has about 50k km and has been driven fairly hard. Would you suspect this as the start of my clutch starting to go bad or something else? I've had some vibrations before in both brake pedal and clutch pedal due to...
  2. jpun15

BSH end links noise?

I recently installed BSH RSB endlinks (had the BSH RSB for awhile) and put the bar on full stiff. After about 300km of break-in, I notice that theres a loud clicking type of noise that seems to come from the rear passenger side. This only happens when the car is cold and for ~0.5km. Do you think...
  3. jpun15

manual tran fluid change - need new plugs?

Hi, Looked in the Bentley and they describe a sealing ring needs to be replaced for the drain and filler plugs. Went to the dealership and they said they don't stock the sealing ring but that you could order the plugs. Question is is it ok to reuse the existing drain and filler plugs with the...
  4. jpun15

wheel lugs/locks for OZ aftermarket

OEM lugs are ball-seat and too short for aftermarket OZ wheels. I think OZ wheels require conical-seat. Anybody know spec of the bolts required for the OZ and where is a good online place to shop for wheel bolts and locks?
  5. jpun15

R32 front brakes clear 17" OZ Alleggerita?

Does anybody have experience with R32 front brakes and if they would comfortably clear 17" OZ Alleggerita wheels? Specs on the wheels are 17x8 +48mm offset and 225/45/17 tires.
  6. jpun15

Good place to get rear sway bar installed in Toronto/Scarborough?

I am getting my BSH 27mm RSB soon and want to know a good place to get the bar installed. Preferably recommendations on places that have done the same install on MkV GTI's before. Unfortunately this is not something I can do myself. TIA!
  7. jpun15

Bodykit installed and APR Stg2 dyno...PICS!!!!

Picked up the car from the bodyshop and headed next door to KH Rad for APR Stage2 flash and dyno :thumbsup: Here's some quick pics... pardon the winters On the dyno: 5 minutes after APR Stage2 flash (93 program selected): Enjoy!
  8. jpun15

Any idea how much dealer would charge for oem "D" dv?

Looking to go Stage I or II in the spring. Want to get the BSH pcv solution, but as for the DV I'd prefer the oem "D" version dv as I heard its a plenty good enough solution, plus I'm not too keen on getting the relocate forge kit. Would ppl recommend this setup for Stage II boost levels...
  9. jpun15

Eibach pro-kit clunking noise

My friend just had Eibach pro-kit and Koni FSD shocks installed on '08 GTI and is experiencing loud clunking noise when accelerating or cornering. Seems to occur at any speed. Shop guy doesn't think its the shocks, but most likely the springs that may have an issue. The shop guy is very...
  10. jpun15

Eibach Pro-Kit clunking sound

My friend just had Eibach pro-kit and Koni FSD shocks installed on '08 GTI and is experiencing loud clunking noise when accelerating or cornering. Seems to occur at any speed. Shop guy doesn't think its the shocks, but most likely the springs that may have an issue. The shop guy is very...
  11. jpun15

Eurojet TBE install pics

Props to Euroline for the install.
  12. jpun15

GTI amidst exotics

Somewhere in Etobicoke...
  13. jpun15

NewSouth boost gauge + BSH boost nozzle install pics

Hi all, Thanks to some great DIY's on both GolfMKV http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3524 and on Vortex, I was able to install my NewSouth boost gauge this weekend. Anyways, since I am a newb at this, it took me a helluva lot longer than what it took your average GolfMKV'er. I...
  14. jpun15

tinted taillights installed

Got them from ECS. I think they are made to look like the Euro R32 taillights. I looked at all the DIY threads on tinting tails and ended up deciding not to do it myself. Anyways heres a before-and-after shot, let me know what you think.
  15. jpun15

HID fogs installed

Haven't seen too many ppl with HID fogs yet. Did a lot of research beforehand and most aftermarket kits throw bulb warnings or flicker. Found me a nice set of cheap ones. Quick pic taken from my iphone:
  16. jpun15

hot twins

After a day of wash/clay/wax'ing :wink:
  17. jpun15

New GTI dropped on H&R's

1 month old 2008 CW GTI and I got the mod bug: - body-colored side markers - H&R touring cup kit http://www.flickr.com/photos/23140440@N03/
  18. jpun15

VW drops MSRP in Canada (-$1600 MkV GTI)

http://www.vw.ca/vwca/autobahn/prices/0,,40,00.html Sweet drop of $1600 on the GTI, setting the 3dr base price at $27,975. May not be comparable to US prices, but hey for 28k its a heckuva lot better than any comparable car here in Canada. Its in Civic Si and Hyundai Tiburon price range lol!