GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. GTi Chooch

Wet Interoir

Guys...I apologize ahead of time for my crappy search abilities, but I swear I looked. I couldn't find the answer though. I know I read a post on here in the past about what to do if you left your windows open in rain...someone suggested putting a bucket of [insert something I can't remember...
  2. GTi Chooch

I see you United Gray

OK so I was driving to the gym (in North Potomac) on my lunch break and I saw someone in a nice clean UG 2 door with tinted windows, R32 tails and 18 in wheels. We stopped at a light and complemented each other on our cars. I just wanted to see if it was anyone from this board.
  3. GTi Chooch

Phone Button with Pac SWI

For all you folks that already have the AVIC units or the Kenwoods installed, does the phone button work with the bluetooth. I thought for sure it would work, but I just looked on Pac's website and read this (for the SWI JACK): -Kenwood available functions: Vol Up, Vol Down, Mute, Source, Seek...
  4. GTi Chooch

Stock Sirius Antenna w/ F900BT

I did a lot of searching and went about a year back on this. Everything I found was from guys wanting to use the Stock Sirius for XM....slightly different. I actually like Sirius (call me weird I guess) and I am upgrading to the new Pioneer F900BT. I don't want to add another antenna to my...
  5. GTi Chooch

Good Deal on FSD

So one of the first articles I ever read about the GTI was the Automobilemag piece about the pimped out GTI vs the r32. It pretty much sold me on the FSD/Eibach combo. However I think I just found a sweet deal at Namotorsports on the FSDs with Nuespeed springs and sway bars. Thoughts...
  6. GTi Chooch

Scirocco Wheels

I'm sorry if you guys have already talked about these. I was just wondering if you knew the name of them....and if they are even production wheels. I want them.
  7. GTi Chooch

campanella white

Anybody know how different campanella white is from Candy White? Is campanella white even available in the US? I have seen some OEM parts offered pre-painted in this color, but I have no idea how it compares.
  8. GTi Chooch

Question for Any Thule Roof Rack People

So I installed a Thule Roof rack about a week and a half ago. It looks great, it gets my bikes to the trails safe and sound... But it has been pouring rain over the last 2 days and I'm noticing that there is a good bit of dripping around the front brackets (by the driver and the front...
  9. GTi Chooch

Boss Bass-600?

Anyone have experience with it? http://www.bossaudio.com/main/649# I'm wondering if it would fit under our front seats.....or is there any space under the backseats where it could squeeze. Not trying to lose trunk space or leave the speaker exposed. The dimensions are: 9.8” x 2.8” x 13.7”...
  10. GTi Chooch

"Premium" vs. "Standard Audio" in new '08s

What is the difference? I've heard it is the addition of an Amp. I've heard it isthe addition of more speakers. I've heard the head unit is different (not buying this one as they all look the same). I've even heard that is a different brand of speakers? I just talked to a sales guy and he...
  11. GTi Chooch

GTI CarPC Concept

Has anyone on her created a CarPC for their GTI yet? I thought I saw someone on here with pics of one installed. I'm thinking of going this route for a couple of reasons...large hard drive space for my music, touchscreen controls, GPS, Bluetooth, and the possibility of displaying live OBDII...
  12. GTi Chooch

09 orders already?

I am currently in the market for a 4 door GTI...and a local dealer sent me the following email: "However, last month was our last order for the 08 GTIs and whatever we order now will have to be 09 models. We have not received the specs or pricing on the 09 models. We hope to have something...
  13. GTi Chooch

Ordering Vs. "off the lot"

So I have been in contact with a few dealers in the area, and no one has a GTI with the options that I want. If I decide to Order one with my specific options and I basically shooting myself in the foot as far as bargaining goes? Do dealers even still have the same level of flexibility on...
  14. GTi Chooch

MD VW Dealers

So where did you guys end up getting your GTI from? I'm doing some shopping around right now, but I was wondering if you could provide any insights as to which dealerships were the easiest to work with. Of course I'm looking to get the best price basically....any suggestions would be...
  15. GTi Chooch

RaderWerks

I stumbled upon a thread on another forum about this company. Their rims look great and they offer custom painting on any of them. Has anyone here has any experience with them? Is it a good quality product? http://www.raderwerks.com/wheels_detail.cfm?type=Volkswagen thread that tipped me...
  16. GTi Chooch

Chip Success Rates

This is not intended to be a fanboy battle or a flame war between rival chips. It's simple, just choose which chip you have, and whether or not you have had problems (Fuel Cuts, sluggish high gears). Blown DVs and PCVs are besides the point as it seems that they have been known to fail in a...
  17. GTi Chooch

RNS 510 Killer?

Does anyone know anything about this? http://store.mp3car.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SDK%2D014 I saw a pic of it installed in a GTI and it looked pretty damn good. Anyone here have it installed in their MKV? I know some of you are going to say that I could build one from scratch for...
  18. GTi Chooch

RNS510 for '09 models

Some of you VW reps may know the answer to this... I've been reading people's complaints about the current Nav (the lag, the fact the the DVD prevents you from listening to a CD, the lack of Bluetooth, the sound quality, the lack of touchscreen) and stumbled upon a lot of people discussing the...