GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. PyroBob

Well, here's something

So...I just received a job offer to relocate to Boston under the employ of the Harpoon Brewery, which I intend to accept. Could somebody now point me to the closest Solo II club near South Boston? Also, any tips on where to live, or not to live...park or not too park...etc...would be extremely...
  2. PyroBob

.:R across western America pictars

Merika! So, after 4000 miles, 8 days, 2 parents, 9 national parks, several tanks of gas, 4 new tires, 1 billion german tourists, 3 koa's, 2 changes of clothes, one shower, and a kink in my neck, I present: 142 photos from the trip. Some are sideways, some are meant to be strung together as...
  3. PyroBob

Mt. Baker Wanderlust 2009 Pics

I suck as a cameraman. Just thought that should first be said. I'm about to leave the ham, but thought I'd leave what I had first.
  4. PyroBob

A yank tribute to the R's of OZ

Mojo and I both hope you get the fire thing sorted.
  5. PyroBob

Traits I share with my .:R

I couldn't sleep last night, so I made a list of things that Mojo and I have in common: 1) We both have a full size spare tire 2) We both drink to much 3) We both have a large backside 4) We both have a loud exhaust 5) Neither of us is very fast in the 1/4 mile dash 6) Neither of us are...
  6. PyroBob

The Redwoods via the 101

I've never seen the Redwoods. Because my company is forcing President's day off, I decided I am taking an extra day, and I'm driving down hwy 101 to the Redwood National Forest. The trip is 600 miles each way, and via the 101, about 12 hours per Google maps. I'll likely leave early Thursday...
  7. PyroBob

Big Climb for Luekemia/Lymphoma Society

Since most of you have heard me preach about this, I've finally gotten enough time to sit down and get the team set up. So, here's my schtick: Yearly, around late March (this year the 22nd), there is an annual climb up the 69 flights of the Columbia Tower to raise money for Leukemia and...
  8. PyroBob

SoCal road course or drag strip?

Curious if anyone knows of one? My little brother wants to run his WRX, but the only track near him is Irwindale which is only an 1/8...are there others? Or a road course? Google isn't helping me much on this, since I don't know any of the towns down there. He's in ie, works in Orange...
  9. PyroBob

GTG Locales of the Future. Brought to you by the letter M.

So...Becca made the most brilliant suggestion I have heard a female make in about 20000 years. We always BS about the thousands of great places we could meet up or nom at, and we have a weekly GTG where we stand around debating, and then go to the same place. While, as a man, this seems...
  10. PyroBob

Going to 11...and Port Angeles.

So...wo0t. It just took me 5 hours to get from Portland to Seattle. But I have something to look forward to...and so do all of you... Except Todd. Which actually sucks that you can't go. So, here are the remaining details: 1) There is driveway/street parking for 6 (maybe more if we...
  11. PyroBob

JimmyT and I, 08/08, SIR

Whose that sportin' those sexy rims? I look straight up gangsta. The dude in the Bimmer was cool...Jimmy ran him once, but the guy yanked his shifter off halfway down. I ran him the next two in a row...the first one we really had a photo finish, until we realized it was because of my...
  12. PyroBob

The epic failure, awesome-o, I has cookie 30K post party

You, you read that right. 30,000 entirely worthless posts by the members and fans of the GolfMKV Pacific Northwest dubpack. In it's honor, I've proposed to take this: Mix in these: Add a twist of this: And you get...well...there's only one way to find out. But this is all about...
  13. PyroBob

Anything happen in the OC?

I'll be visiting my little bro 8/1-3...don't know how busy we are, but I know he works Friday. You SoCal guys do anything in this area on a regular basis? GTG's and what not? Interested to see how groups there compare to the VW's here.
  14. PyroBob

TPMS Sensor seems to be bad

Came out of work yesterday, didn't notice till I was rolling in traffic that it said there was a tire pressure too low. Finally got where I was heading, and checked...all right at 34 psi. Anybody know how long service is going to take for this? I'll have until 10:30 tomorrow morning, then I...
  15. PyroBob

Redhook Movie Night Schedule

Heads up on this summers Redhook movie schedule. 7/24 - Ace Ventura, Pet Detective - PG13 7/31 - 300 - R 8/7 - Kingpin - R 8/14 - Top Gun - PG *Military Appreciation Night* - Free Admission w/ Military ID* 8/21 - The Shining - R *21+ Over Only* 8/28 - Knocked Up – R $5 admission...
  16. PyroBob

Help from a HPA CVP owner?

I need dimensions from someone with a HPA CVP installed on their MKV R32. As many pics as possible, and measurements of the distance between the runners, from the manifold to the fender, manifold to hood, space under the runners, etc. I've tried to get the info from HPA, but they don't...
  17. PyroBob

"Clunk" she says...

I've noticed an odd clunk from the front of my .:R a few times now...sometimes, when I engage the gear, there is a significant clunk from up front. Other times it will happen much more subdued on a slow corner or from a stop. Are others getting a clunky diff like this? It doesn't bother me if...
  18. PyroBob

Proformance Driving School (at Pacific Raceways)

Time to put those other GTG's to shame. :fighting0030: http://www.proformanceracingschool.com/ These guys handle the driving school courses at Pacific Raceways. They are very well reputed, and getting onto the course is an amazing level of fun. The downside, it's way more expensive then I...
  19. PyroBob

DBP @ Pacific Raceways, 2/17?

I was down there to do the tuning on the black Silverado SS...dialed it in to run consistent 12.4's on 10 psi, 22's, and junk inside. I saw your rig in the staging lane, and wanted to come say hi, but I was busy at the laptop, and the next time I spotted the car you were parked.
  20. PyroBob

FNG Questions

Hey everyone, Potential MKV R32 owner from Seattle with a few questions...I realize these are fairly new on the market, which might be part of why I am having trouble finding these answers, but I thought maybe someone could at least point me in the right direction. I'm currently researching...