GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Elwood

Two chicks at the same time

The whole quote: Peter Gibbons : What would you do if you had a million dollars? Lawrence : I'll tell you what I'd do, man: two chicks at the same time, man. [Peter laughs and then notices Lawrence's dead serious expression] Peter Gibbons : That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do...
  2. Elwood

The Star Spangled Banner as you've never heard it.

I wonder how many hymnals have the Star Spangler Banner in them.
  3. Elwood

2021 Ford Bronco

Spec-wise, the Bronco is very similar to a Jeep. Some specs are slightly better, some are slightly worse. People that don't like Jeeps will buy the Ford. Purests will still buy the Jeep. The problem is that Ford needed to blow the Jeep out of the water - and they didn't. Insert the Loki...
  4. Elwood

What was your first car?

1961 Volvo PV544.
  5. Elwood

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

My neighbors are assholes.
  6. Elwood

Camber Plate Installation

Do I have to remove the strut to do this or can I just drop it down, replace the top, and reassemble?
  7. Elwood

Old IC after FMIC install

I noticed all the instructions for installing an FMIC just have you plug up the old IC and leave it in place. Can it be removed or is it needed to support something else (like the AC condensor)?
  8. Elwood

What to do with my license plate..

Actually, its not a reason to pull you over, but if you don't have a front plate, then they have a reason. I guess all I'm saying is that most cops won't pull you over for just not having a front plate. But if they're looking for a reason to pull you over anyway, they'll go for the plate. I...
  9. Elwood

Anything else about your car that would draw attention? Real low? You ridin' with a ball cap, hoodie and shades in a gangsta lean? Thumpin' bass?
  10. Elwood

You have to be asking for trouble before a CA cop will ticket you.
  11. Elwood

Bump-stop question

I've dropped my car about an inch and a half on Vogtlands and Bilstein sports. I was unable to use the OEM bumpstops in the front (they no longer fit), but the rear ones still fit. Should I use them or am I unnecessarily limiting my suspension travel?
  12. Elwood

Dirty Butt

So I just took a long trip (2700 miles). I kept the rear window pretty clean and cleaned the tail lights occasionally, but what a pain. Are there any spoilers that help keep the dirt off?
  13. Elwood

Premium 7 vs. Premium 8

So the RCD-510 is obviously a cooler HU than the Premium 7, but what about the sound? Does it sound any better than the 7? Do you still use the amp under the drivers seat if you switch over to the RCD-510?
  14. Elwood

Wheel Restoration

I picked up a set of Hufs that are pretty much rash free. The clear coat on the machined surface doesn't look too hot on a couple of the wheels, though. There are some light scratches, bubbles and peeling in the finish. Any suggestions on how to clean these up? I've already tried polish and it...
  15. Elwood

Are VW and Audi Centercaps Interchangeable?

I'm thinking of picking up some Audi (A3) wheels and wonder if my VW centercaps will fit.
  16. Elwood

Full Size Spare?

Will a full size spare fit in the hole in the truck/hatch of a MKV?